The Official NFL Off-Season Thread - Tony Gonzalez traded to the Falcons

I can see giving Romo that bread because he's pretty good until December...

Barber's highest rushing total for any season is 975. You dont give feature back $$$ to a RB who hasn't been one... SINCE HIGH SCHOOL... Even ya boyJerry knows he soft.

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

heheheh...
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
frown.gif
smh.gif
We take 1 step forward, then take 4 or 5 steps back... I can't stand this franchise sometimes.
tired.gif

laugh.gif
at least you're not a bills fan, no championships, no hope.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

heheheh...
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
frown.gif
smh.gif
We take 1 step forward, then take 4 or 5 steps back... I can't stand this franchise sometimes.
tired.gif
laugh.gif
at least you're not a bills fan, no championships, no hope.

laugh.gif
You right on that one. I dunno what Bills fans have to look forward to.
ohwell.gif

I just hate being in purgatory with this team... we've made decent-to-good personnel decisions over the past few years, yet can't get over thatproverbial hump.

Moore was a DT that we converted to a Guard and he's only 28. I get why we cut him.... I just don't like it.
tired.gif

looks like Scott is gone to the Jets...

Adam Schefter of the NFL Network is reporting that Bart Scott has agreed to a deal with the Jets. The deal was for 5 years, $40 million. Scott had given the Ravens the opportunity to match but apparently they declined. More on this later.

if so, Ozzie screwed up. we can afford to at least MATCH that offer. smh
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

looks like Scott is gone to the Jets...

Adam Schefter of the NFL Network is reporting that Bart Scott has agreed to a deal with the Jets. The deal was for 5 years, $40 million. Scott had given the Ravens the opportunity to match but apparently they declined. More on this later.

if so, Ozzie screwed up. we can afford to at least MATCH that offer. smh
smh.gif

not so fast

wait.. hold the phones on the Bart Scott trade. AGAIN. they said the Ravens countered the Jets 5 years $40 mil with 5 years $42 mil... this is a rollercoasterright now, and Bart is the happy little kid riding it
laugh.gif

Ray Lewis update:
ADAM SCHEFTER
Lewis open to going back to Baltimore
Posted: February 27th, 2009 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Balitmore Ravens, Dallas Cowboys, DeMarcus Ware, Free Agency 2009, Ray Lewis, Rod Woodson

When Ray Lewis' future in Baltimore was questioned, his former teammate Rod Woodson reached out to him.

After speaking with Lewis, Woodson reported that Lewis never said he wouldn't return to the Ravens. He is open to go back to Baltimore. Lewis never told DeMarcus Ware that his dream was to play for the Cowboys despite published reports.

Lewis is in Florida with his kids relaxing and does not expect to make any decisions on his future until Monday.

[h1]Titans bring back QB Kerry Collins[/h1]

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)-Kerry Collins agreed to a new contract with the Titans on Friday after leading Tennessee to an NFL-best 13-3 record last season.

Coach Jeff Fisher had said he wanted the 36-year-old veteran back. Collins had said he wanted to play again in Tennessee.

"Kerry did a great job for us last year stepping back into the starting role," Titans general manager Mike Reinfeldt said in a statement. "He has veteran leadership, tons of game experience and we expect him to continue to play at a high level for us."

Collins has spent the past three seasons with the Titans. He started the final 15 games of 2008 and won 12. That doesn't include winning the season opener when he came off the bench to relieve an injured Vince Young.

Collins had an 80.2 passer rating in 2008 that was the third highest of his 14-year career. He threw for 2,676 yards with 12 touchdowns and only seven interceptions. He led three game-winning drives in helping the Titans land the AFC's No. 1 seed and was sacked only eight times.

Collins tied Steve McNair's franchise record with his 12 wins, matching his personal best set in 2000 when he helped the New York Giants reach the Super Bowl. He ranks 14th and is second to only Peyton Manning among active quarterbacks with 37,393 yards passing. He is 11th with 3,160 career completions.

Collins was the fifth overall pick in the 1995 draft by Carolina and signed as a free agent with Tennessee in 2006.

Heard Sheffner on NFLN just now...Vilma re-signed with the Saints (The #'s/years I wasn't really paying attention)...Guess nothing is wrong after all.

Stupidity personified...

Free agent WR Reggie Williams was arrested for a DWI and possession .97 grams of marijuana, both class B misdemeanors.

The amount of weed may be small, but the stupidity is enormous. Williams got arrested two hours after free agency started, immediately killing his shaky value on the open market. Williams failed three sobriety tests. He may have to wait for his legal problems to shake out before he even gets invited to a training camp now.

I got this from rotoworld, but they don't have a source yet.

[h2]Dawkins to Broncos[/h2]
Get used to dealing with hard-hitting safety Brian Dawkins twice a year: he just agreed to a deal with the Broncos, a league source said, bringing some muscle to the mostly athletic AFC West.
The perrenial Pro Bowler is 35 but should have another year or two in the tank. He's the sort of tough and on-target safety the Raiders have been missing for years. As it turns out, they won't have a chance of signing him now

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi...id=11&entry_id=36360

CBS says the Scott thing is a done deal, but ESPN doesn't. I'm tired of the shoddy reporting...

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Dawkins will visit Broncos
Posted: February 27th, 2009 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Brian Dawkins, Denver Broncos

Brian Dawkins is on his way to Denver for a visit.
eek.gif
pimp.gif
Won't happen.
Cough.

laugh.gif

ESPNNews JUST said he has agreed in principle to a deal with the Broncos
frown.gif
It's gonna be sad and weird not seeing Dawkins in an Eagles uni,That man brought the emotion and passion to our defense. Being in Voorhees, NJ I feel like I should drive to his house thats like 2 minutes away in a couple ofdays and just say "Thanks for the great times and memories"
smokin.gif
I remember dude made a video for my HS to pump us up right before we won our Group IV state championship in football that year

[h2]http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/27/taylor-to-sign-with-new-england/[/h2]
[h2]Taylor to sign with New England[/h2]
Fred Taylor's run into the sunset took him straight to New England.

After visiting Buffalo and New England this week, Taylor decided to sign with the Patriots.

The agreement has been reached, Taylor is headed back to New England. After playing his first 11 NFL seasons with Jacksonville, he now is expected to finish his career as a Patriot.

Going to be weird seeing Taylor on the cheaters...
[h1]Titans re-sign Collins, agree to two-year deal with QB[/h1]
NASHVILLE, TENN. -- The Titans are bringing back the quarterback that led them to the NFL's best record during the 2008 regular season. Veteran Kerry Collins has agreed to terms on a contract to re-sign with Tennessee, the team announced Friday.

The two-year deal is worth $15 million, including $8.5 million guaranteed, reports NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

Damn Collins got a good deal...

Originally Posted by finnns2003

CBS says the Scott thing is a done deal, but ESPN doesn't. I'm tired of the shoddy reporting...
IT'S OFFICIAL... BART SCOTT IS A NEW YORK JET!!!!

Updated: February 27, 2009, 5:26 PM ET

[h2]Scott picks Jets over Ravens[/h2]

Comment Email Print ESPN.com news services

Linebacker Bart Scott and the New York Jets agreed to a six-year deal worth $48 million on Friday, according to Scott's agent Harold Lewis.

Earlier in the day the Jets offered a five-year, $40 million deal. When New York upped the offer by a year, Scott choose the Jets over Baltimore.

Scott arrived at the Jets facility early Friday morning to meet with his former Ravens defensive coordinator, Rex Ryan, who is now the head coach of the team.

Scott has played seven seasons with Baltimore amassing 433 tackles and 16 sacks in his career. His best season was in 2006 when he made the Pro Bowl and the All-Pro team. In that season, he had 103 tackles and 9½ sacks.

Andrew Marchand of ESPN 1050 radio in New York contributed to this report.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3940727

pimp.gif

[h1]http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/seahawks/2009/02/27/confirmed_tj_ho.html[/h1]
[h1]Confirmed: T.J. Houshmandzadeh visiting Seattle[/h1]
Posted by Danny O'Neil

T.J. Houshmandzadeh is coming to Seattle on Friday. Now, a visit should not be confused with an agreement, but to get him coming to town points to two things:
  • No other team floored Houshmandzadeh with their opening offer.
  • This will be the first time the Seahawks can use their team practice facility as part of the wooing process of a top-flight free agent.

Back
Top Bottom