The Official NFL Off-Season Thread - Tony Gonzalez traded to the Falcons

I wonder how the ravens D will be next year

same as it was when we lost Jamie Sharper.
or Ed Hartwell.
or Adalius Thomas.
or from the coaching standpoint, when we lost Mike Nolan.

top 3 in the league.

What kinda numbers is Housh looking for? 8 mil/year?

either way he's handsdown the best WR in FA, so his contract numbers should indeed be
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

or Ed Hartwell.
or Adalius Thomas.

top 3 in the league.
i doubt that.

or Ed Hartwell.
or Adalius Thomas.

top 3 in the league.

u counting in losing or keeping lewis in that?

I'm just assuming TJ's next visit will be to Philly, I mean that is if they give a damn about helping Donovan McNabb out. WE NEED HIM NOW!!!!

P.S. It will suck big time to see Brian Dawkins leave Philly, he'll end up like John Lynch if goes to Denver

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

or Ed Hartwell.
or Adalius Thomas.

top 3 in the league.

u counting in losing or keeping lewis in that?
where could Lewis possibly go? the Cowboys are not interested. the Jets have their guy in Bart Scott, so i doubt they are interested.

and he said today that he wants to come back to Baltimore.

Un @$*%%%* believable. But I will reserve my real anger until I see the terms. The $%!% are we going to do at safety now?

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Un @$*%%%* believable. But I will reserve my real anger until I see the terms.
I'm sure Denver overpaid. They have money to spend, and they had, maybe, the worst pair of starting safeties ever.
We have money to spend. More than $40M. I'm willing to bet he got three years with a decent amount of money guaranteed.

Broncosadd WR Gaffney, S Hill
Posted: February 27th, 2009 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Denver Broncos, Jabar Gaffney, Josh McDaniels, Renaldo Hill

When Denver wanted reinforcements, it turned to the AFC East, the division that produced Broncos coach Josh McDaniels.

Denver signed former Patriots wide receiver Jabar Gaffney to a four-year, $10 million deal that includes $3 million guaranteed. Former Miami safety Renaldo Hill signed a matching four-year, $10 million deal that includes $3 million guaranteed. Now Denver has two more players that McDaniels knows well.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

I'm just assuming TJ's next visit will be to Philly, I mean that is if they give a damn about helping Donovan McNabb out. WE NEED HIM NOW!!!!

P.S. It will suck big time to see Brian Dawkins leave Philly, he'll end up like John Lynch if goes to Denver
ESPNRadio said they got a text from TJ saying he would sign with Philly right away if they offered.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Un @$*%%%* believable. But I will reserve my real anger until I see the terms.
I'm sure Denver overpaid. They have money to spend, and they had, maybe, the worst pair of starting safeties ever.
We have money to spend. More than $40M. I'm willing to bet he got three years with a decent amount of money guaranteed.

All the more reason why TJ Houshmanzadeh or Anquan Boldin better be in an Eagles uniform next year or else our cap space is all for nothing, andwe will become cellar dwellers once McNabb leaves.

DOWNTOWN43 wrote:

or Ed Hartwell.
or Adalius Thomas.

top 3 in the league.

The common denominator was the leadership of Ray in all those departures.

I would hope so. If that's for three years, yikes. Even for four, that's overpaying.

I don't see him playing for four more years, though.

Dawkins deal is not done per his agent.

But if those are the terms (three or four years), Denver can have him. I love the dude, but not that much.

Originally Posted by heat23

DOWNTOWN43 wrote:

or Ed Hartwell.
or Adalius Thomas.

top 3 in the league.

yes, but as of now Ray is not going anywhere. and probably won't:

rotoworld.com

According to NFL Network's Adam Schefter, Ray Lewis is open to returning to the Ravens and is denying all anti-Ravens talk.

When Schefter reported earlier that "sources close to Lewis" said he would not return to Baltimore, former teammate Rod Woodson called Lewis and received a different account. Lewis says he will take two days to get away from it all in Florida before making a decision. It now looks like a return to the Ravens is quite possible.

i think that's why they frontloaded it with guaranteed money. so he can retire whenever. he'll probably only play 2 years out of that deal
laugh.gif

[h2]Jason Brown Suddenly in a Bind[/h2]
Friday, February 27, 2009

Posted By Mike Florio 4:10 PM

The good news for center/guard Jason Brown is that the St. Louis Rams are willing to pay him $7 million per year.

The bad news for center/guard Jason Brown is that no one else is.

A league source tells ProFootballTalk.com that Brown doesn't want to play for the Rams, and thus wants someone/anyone to step up and match the offer St. Louis has made to him.

Per the source, Brown was hoping that the Ravens would match the number that the Rams put on the table. But the Ravens haven't, and apparently won't.

Other teams are interested in Brown, but not at the same level that Rams have demonstrated.

So Brown is in a bind. Does he take the money from a team for which he

Originally Posted by heat23

DOWNTOWN43 wrote:

or Ed Hartwell.
or Adalius Thomas.

top 3 in the league.

yes, but as of now Ray is not going anywhere. and probably won't:

rotoworld.com

According to NFL Network's Adam Schefter, Ray Lewis is open to returning to the Ravens and is denying all anti-Ravens talk.

When Schefter reported earlier that "sources close to Lewis" said he would not return to Baltimore, former teammate Rod Woodson called Lewis and received a different account. Lewis says he will take two days to get away from it all in Florida before making a decision. It now looks like a return to the Ravens is quite possible.

i think that's why they frontloaded it with guaranteed money. so he can retire whenever. he'll probably only play 2 years out of that deal
laugh.gif

Yea, if he stays then you're correct. Rays up there in age but his leadership is 2nd to none

Back
Top Bottom