The Official NFL Off-Season Thread - Tony Gonzalez traded to the Falcons

laugh.gif
at Jason Brown... why did he even go out to St Louis if he didn't want to play for them?

Ravens offered him $6 mil, he can take the discount or not have a team.

I don't have any problems with the contract offered to Dawk considering we were paying Dre Bly $10.4 mil last year.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
Gunna hit it on the head... Losing Dawkins is MAJOR... I don't care what kinda money he's lookin at, he makes that defense go...

Cowboys apparently will have interest if/when the ******** release Shawn Springs... Talkin about maybe as a FS? I dunno...

Chris K resigning with the Steelers. And they will now be done in free agency, haha. ******** throwing crazy money, hasn't worked for them yet, I don'tknow why that would change.......

Oh, and Kendall Simmons was released. When healthy, he was solid but just couldn't shake the back problem. K2 out of the division, cool. Bart Scott out ofthe division? Cool. TJ next? Nice. GO STEELERS

"The Jets were extremely aggressive and professional. At the end of the day, it was an opportunity to win another Super Bowl and stay with his teammates,along with a good, aggressive, solid offer from the Steelers. That was enough to keep him there."

Post-Gazette

5 years, 20mill. A few good draft picks, and Pitt should be right there in contention to make another S.B. run....

[h2]Greer to visit Detroit[/h2]
Friday, February 27, 2009

Posted By Albert Breer 6:32 PM

Buffalo cornerback Jabari Greer is shooting for a Kelvin Hayden-like deal.

And that pursuit will kick off in Detroit.

Greer is slated to visit with the Lions and new head coach Jim Schwartz in the Motor City over the weekend, according to a source.

No more Bart Scott to be running his mouth with the Ravens/Steeler rivarly. That will be missed.

Downtown, who is going to run their mouth now? No Joey? No Bart? You know Polamalu isn't going to speak up!

Originally Posted by heat23

Greer is slated to visit with the Lions and new head coach Jim Schwartz in the Motor City over the weekend, according to a source.
pimp.gif
Greer's not a ball hawk, but the cover skills are there... Get thatmoney!!!!

I see last year's spending spree was just part 1 for the Jets....

[h2]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2009/02/jets-ink-cb-ivy-look-to-trade.html[/h2]
[h2]Jets target Ivy, look to trade for Sheppard[/h2] [h3]February 27, 2009[/h3]

D. Rex is at it again.

Now that former Ravens ILB Bart Scott is in the fold, new Jets coach Rex Ryan has turned his attention to the secondary. They have targeted free-agent CB Corey Ivy, formerly of the Ravens, and are confident they can get a deal done.

But here's the big one - they're working on a trade for Eagles CB Lito Sheppard, according to league sources.

In fact, Sheppard is due to visit tomorrow with the Jets. The former first-round pick has one year remaining on his contract, with a base salary of $3 million, but he has been looking to be traded ever since the Eagles signed CB Asante Samuel last offseason.

Sheppard would step in as a starter, opposite Pro Bowl CB Darrelle Revis. Ivy will be a nickel back, his role with the Ravens.

Terms of Ivy's deal weren't immediately available. It's unclear what the Jets would be willing to part with for Sheppard.

Meanwhile, here's a breakdown of Scott's contract. The 6-year deal includes about $22 million in guarantees, with $27 million coming in the first three seasons. It's believed the Ravens offered a 6-year package for $45 million.

His agent, Harold Lewis, claims that Scott never wavered in signing with the Jets, and that he never went back to the Ravens to squeeze more money out of them.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2009/02/jets-ink-cb-ivy-look-to-trade.html

ohwell.gif

-I said during last year during FA, right after Zant inked his deal we should've gave the Eagles what ever they wanted for Lito... but hey, that wasa different coach w/ a different philosophy.

-What are we gonna do w/ Lowery? Saftey?

it's the end of an era, i tell you.
smh.gif

someone get Hines Ward the news, the longstanding bounty has been lifted
laugh.gif

^edit:
roll.gif
at Ivy... the guy is a BUM! i pray that Rex takes him, so we canfinally draft a new CB.

Nate Washington is going to visit the Titans, and McFadden to visit Arizona (Pittsburgh West). Depending on the money, not worth resigning

I just googled Brian dawkins going to Denver. Alot of links of him agreeing with Denver. Eagles offered dude 1 mill ? 1 $%$*@!% mill ? are you f'n kiddingme ?

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

I just googled Brian dawkins going to Denver. Alot of links of him agreeing with Denver. Eagles offered dude 1 mill ? 1 $%$*@!% mill ? are you f'n kidding me ?
Nobody knows what he was offered. It's just angry people making %#*% up.

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Originally Posted by heat23

pimp.gif
Greer's not a ball hawk, but the cover skills are there... Get that money!!!!

I see last year's spending spree was just part 1 for the Jets....

[h2]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2009/02/jets-ink-cb-ivy-look-to-trade.html[/h2]
[h2]Jets target Ivy, look to trade for Sheppard[/h2] [h3]February 27, 2009[/h3]

D. Rex is at it again.

Now that former Ravens ILB Bart Scott is in the fold, new Jets coach Rex Ryan has turned his attention to the secondary. They have targeted free-agent CB Corey Ivy, formerly of the Ravens, and are confident they can get a deal done.

But here's the big one - they're working on a trade for Eagles CB Lito Sheppard, according to league sources.

In fact, Sheppard is due to visit tomorrow with the Jets. The former first-round pick has one year remaining on his contract, with a base salary of $3 million, but he has been looking to be traded ever since the Eagles signed CB Asante Samuel last offseason.

Sheppard would step in as a starter, opposite Pro Bowl CB Darrelle Revis. Ivy will be a nickel back, his role with the Ravens.

Terms of Ivy's deal weren't immediately available. It's unclear what the Jets would be willing to part with for Sheppard.

Meanwhile, here's a breakdown of Scott's contract. The 6-year deal includes about $22 million in guarantees, with $27 million coming in the first three seasons. It's believed the Ravens offered a 6-year package for $45 million.

His agent, Harold Lewis, claims that Scott never wavered in signing with the Jets, and that he never went back to the Ravens to squeeze more money out of them.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2009/02/jets-ink-cb-ivy-look-to-trade.html

ohwell.gif

-I said during last year during FA, right after Zant inked his deal we should've gave the Eagles what ever they wanted for Lito... but hey, that was a different coach w/ a different philosophy.

-What are we gonna do w/ Lowery? Saftey?

lowery @ nickelback.

[h2]Leonhard to visit Jets[/h2]

Posted By Albert Breer 7:39 PM

With one ex-Raven defender in the fold, the New York Jets -- led by former Baltimore DC Rex Ryan -- are pursuing another.
Free-agent safety Jim Leonhard will visit the Jets on Saturday, according to agent Tim Valentyn.

Leonhard joined the Ravens in 2007, after starting his career in Buffalo, and became a full-time starter last year when safety Dawan Landry went down. Playing next to Ed Reed, Leonhard started 13 games, posting 85 tackles, six passes defensed and a pick.

In New York, he'd be placed next to another star safety in the Jets' Kerry Rhodes, and be reunited with former Raven teammate Bart Scott, who signed on Friday with the club.

i just hope the cowboys win it all next year.

******** always sign people but nothing every amounts to crap , Eagles are retarted for letting dawkins walk away he was the cowboys
and giants worst nightmare for the last 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom