The Official NFL Off-Season Thread - Tony Gonzalez traded to the Falcons

Eagles | Not interested in Houshmandzadeh
Fri, 27 Feb 2009 19:48:46 -0800

CSNPhilly.com reports the Philadelphia Eagles have informed free-agent WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh's (Bengals) agent, Kennard McGuire, they are not interested in Houshmandzadeh.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Where exactly are the Dolphins going with Chad Pennington?

Enlighten me...

Dude said "with a Brady or Pennington" like their close to being in the same class...
laugh.gif
I thought the same thing when I read it...

Chad Pennington is a band-aid at QB... Stop gap solution at best... If you're hoping to win big with him, well...
laugh.gif

yea the 49ers are trying to pry Warner from the Cardinals grasp. i doubt he goes to them though, they have nothing, except gore.

Holt To Eagles?
http://www.sportsflava.com/2009/02/eagles-and-rams-working-on-trade.html
Donovan McNabb said he wants offensive help so they can be a more explosive team. The Philadelphia Eagles first responded by rejecting to even think aboutsigning 32 year old TJ Houshmanzadeh. But they do have something cooking with the St. Louis Rams. They are rumored to be working on finalized a deal that willsend wide receiver Torry Holt to the Eagles for Reggie Brown and a undisclosed draft pick, which will probably end up being a 4th or 5th rounder. Holt iscoming off his worst season as a professional , but that is not his fault. The Rams offensve was dismal last season. Holt for his career has 869 catches for12,660 yards and 74 touchdowns. A McNabb to Holt combination would be deadly. Eagles NEED to get this deal done.

Originally Posted by GoldenTicket21

yea the 49ers are trying to pry Warner from the Cardinals grasp. i doubt he goes to them though, they have nothing, except gore.

Holt To Eagles?
http://www.sportsflava.co...ms-working-on-trade.html
Donovan McNabb said he wants offensive help so they can be a more explosive team. The Philadelphia Eagles first responded by rejecting to even think about signing 32 year old TJ Houshmanzadeh. But they do have something cooking with the St. Louis Rams. They are rumored to be working on finalized a deal that will send wide receiver Torry Holt to the Eagles for Reggie Brown and a undisclosed draft pick, which will probably end up being a 4th or 5th rounder. Holt is coming off his worst season as a professional , but that is not his fault. The Rams offensve was dismal last season. Holt for his career has 869 catches for 12,660 yards and 74 touchdowns. A McNabb to Holt combination would be deadly. Eagles NEED to get this deal done.

id love to have kurt on the niners. hed be reunited with his old teammate even though are up there in age. plus it means one less team to worry about in thenfc west. i could see us making the playoffs unless seattle goes back to how they were.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Eagles | Not interested in Houshmandzadeh
Fri, 27 Feb 2009 19:48:46 -0800

CSNPhilly.com reports the Philadelphia Eagles have informed free-agent WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh's (Bengals) agent, Kennard McGuire, they are not interested in Houshmandzadeh.
laugh.gif

Housh wanted more money from us than other teams he was interested in. I'm not mad. I didn't want him anyways. If we go out and spend bigmoney on a WR, it needs to be BOLDINZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Where exactly are the Dolphins going with Chad Pennington?

Enlighten me...

Dude said "with a Brady or Pennington" like their close to being in the same class...
laugh.gif

Chad Pennington is a band-aid at QB... Stop gap solution at best... If you're hoping to win big with him, well...
laugh.gif

The same thing was said of Warner, Collins, Garcia etc.

possible, but I think the Bengals counted on TJ going to Philly for some "good money", now that he is thrown back in the mix, I think they will atleast make an offer.

Come on now really 49ers.Warner is not gonna be our solution please just stop talking to his agent cuz I know we will end up over paying him. Draft a Qb andplay Hill/Smith next year

GUNNA GET IT wrote:
Warner doesnt belong mentioned along side any of them QBs tho
Why not. He was suppose to be just a "baid-aid" "stop gap" QB. And like the rest, his career was suppose to be over aftermoving on from their previous teams (Giants, Panthers, Browns, Jets)

P.s I'm not saying one is better then the other

im convinced, jerry jones has lost it ... for the past few years our division has completely out personelled us ...

Warner was supposed to be a back up. He wasnt brought in to be a band aid. He beat out the young 1st round pick QB, wasnt nothin band aid about that

Housh would have gotten paid had he been a FA last year (see Jerry Porter), but I dunno how much people are gonna pony up for a dude who can't stretch thefield. I think he's very overrated...seriously...the dude is 32 years old...I don't see him as a receiving threat or a true #1. That was a good moveby the Eagles tho in NOT showing interest....yall can do better. There is nothing worse than tying up a ton of $ in a older WR....whoever gives him a 4-5 yeardeal is gonna seriously handcuff themselves...

The Giants, Packers, Broncos and Titans are interested in Chris Canty.
Yea GB really needs to get to building that front 7, Canty in FA and Orakpo or Brown in the Draft would certainly help

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

The Giants, Packers, Broncos and Titans are interested in Chris Canty.
Yea GB really needs to get to building that front 7, Canty in FA and Orakpo or Brown in the Draft would certainly help
I didn't even know the Giants expressed interest, DE is not really a position they need filled with Osi coming back.

Then again you can never have too much help up front.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Warner was supposed to be a back up. He wasnt brought in to be a band aid. He beat out the young 1st round pick QB, wasnt nothin band aid about that

I see what you're saying but when he did become the starter, it was suppose to be a stop gap while Leinart developed that year. Collins and Garcia weresuppose to be the backups (Titans/Eagles) . Penny was
wink.gif
suppose to competefor the starting job.

You have a point though Gunz

I think he's very overrated...seriously...the dude is 32 years old...I don't see him as a receiving threat or a true #1
Housh though is still very effective, like a Hines Ward. Makes big catches, doesn't drop the ball, and on 3rd down, throw towards him andit is caught. No he can't run downfield like some receivers, but a great posession receiver (Hines, Welker, TJ) is still something a team needs/wants. Idon't know if he is worth the money he wants, but TJ can still be a very effective player

Originally Posted by heat23

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
The same thing was said of Warner, Collins, Garcia etc.
indifferent.gif
Kurt Warner is a two-time NFL MVP and a Super BowlMVP... He don't even belong in that group...

And how many playoff games did Kerry Collins and Jeff Garcia win this year?
grin.gif
So what's your point?

You ain't winning big with Chad Pennington, Kerry Collins, or Jeff Garcia...

Back
Top Bottom