The Official NFL Off-Season Thread - Tony Gonzalez traded to the Falcons

Cassel traded to Chiefs

The New England Patriots have traded QB Matt Cassel to the Kansas City Chiefs, reports Adam Schefter.

Originally Posted by Jules300

Cassel traded to Chiefs

The New England Patriots have traded QB Matt Cassel to the Kansas City Chiefs, reports Adam Schefter.
Yeah I just saw that. If Cassel turns out to be good, then the Chiefs are cooking something good down there with that team in KC...

I dont even wanna know what the Pats got back.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by DLo13

2nd and a conditional, maybe?
I would think so... Can't imagine they got a 1st rounder...

Yeah that's what Adam Schefter was saying on NFL Network.

This offseason has been crazy thus far.

Matt Cassel to the Kansas City Chiefs...
[h2]http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/28/chiefs-complete-trade-for-cassel/[/h2]
[h2]Chiefs complete trade for Cassel [/h2]
Posted: News | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Kansas City Chiefs, Matt Cassel, New England Patriots

The Kansas City Chiefs have found their starting quarterback. NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Chiefs acquired QB Matt Cassel from the New England Patriots in a trade on Saturday.

The teams have agreed on compensation, according to Schefter, but no details of the deal were immediately available.

Cassel was designated as the Patriots' franchise player on Feb. 5, guaranteeing him $14.65 million next season. The signed tender was officially submitted to the league earlier this week.

Cassel saw the first significant action of his career last season, taking over for the injured Tom Brady in Week 2 and starting 15 games, completing 63.4 percent of his passes for 3,693 yards and 21 touchdowns with 11 interceptions.

Cassel will see some familiar faces in Kansas City. Schefter also reports Patriots linebacker Mike Vrabel was in Kansas City on Friday undergoing a physical so that he can then be traded to the Chiefs. Vrabel later confirmed the trade in an email to The Boston Globe. Cassel and Vrabel will be playing for new Chiefs GM Scott Pioli, who was hired in January to oversee the team's football operations after nine seasons in New England.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009...mplete-trade-for-cassel/

Heading to Seattle?

WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Status: Met with team officials on Friday and discussed terms. The Bengals receiver is believed to be seeking a three-to-four year deal at $10 million per, which is on the high side. Houshmandzadeh may make a decision on where he will go tonight, but appears to be waiting for other teams to get involved. Philadelphia has reportedly backed off, leaving the Hawks, Minnesota, the N.Y. Giants and perhaps a return to Cincinnati as possible options.

Most likely coming down to Minnesota vs Seattle...

I'm trying to figure out why TJ would want to go to Seattle over Minnesota..

He even stated in that interview, "Can you imagine me playing with a runningback like Adrian Peterson? I'd get single coverage all day. I'm goingto win those matchups 98.6% of the time."

Granted, Rosenfels isn't an elite QB but pairing Houshmandzadeh with Berrian and Adrian Peterson
eek.gif
...so why would he want to go to Seattle? I see Seattle getting him if they blowall other offers out of the water with a lot of $..but other than that I'm failing to see why he'd prefer Seattle.

Dawkins Officially Signs With Denver
http://www.sportsflava.com/2009/02/broncos-officially-sign-dawkins.html
The Denver Broncos have officially pried future hall of fame safety away from the Philadelphia Eagles as anticipated. Brian Dawkins signed a huge deal for a 35 year old player, a 5 year deal worth $17 million, $7.2of which is guaranteed. The contract also has escalators that could boost the value of the deal to $27 million over five years, but the deal also could bevoided to two years, $9 million. Which is probably what is going to happen when Dawkins is ready to call it quits. So it looks like the Broncos have their newsafeties for next season , Renaldo Hill who they signed last night and now Dawkins. Big upgrades over last seasons players.

Originally Posted by heat23

laugh.gif
I thought the same thing when I read it...

Chad Pennington is a band-aid at QB... Stop gap solution at best... If you're hoping to win big with him, well...
laugh.gif
The same thing was said of Warner, Collins, Garcia etc.
indifferent.gif
Kurt Warner is a two-time NFL MVP and a Super Bowl MVP... He don't even belong in that group...

And how many playoff games did Kerry Collins and Jeff Garcia win this year?
grin.gif
So what's your point?

You ain't winning big with Chad Pennington, Kerry Collins, or Jeff Garcia...

Get out of with your ******ed stoneface. My point is that even with his 2 mvp's and sb mvp he was believed to have been an has been. No one, in their rightmind thought Warner would do this good after he left the G-Men. And if you tell me you did then your lying to yourself and you and your fruity horse deservethe stoneface.

eek.gif

the bucs tired to get cassell and then trade him to denver for jay Culter. culter is now pissed off with denver

the lions also called and ask about cassel

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

eek.gif

the bucs tired to get cassell and then trade him to denver for jay Culter. culter is now pissed off with denver

link? or is Schefter just spouting off...

Lito Sheppard traded to the Jets?

thought that one happened yesterday.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

eek.gif

link? or is Schefter just spouting off...

it was schefter but he is money 99% of the time tho so...

Back
Top Bottom