The Official NFL Off-Season Thread - Tony Gonzalez traded to the Falcons

I was worried about the C position after we lost Jason Brown to a large contract in St Louis, but now we have great stability for the next couple years.
Yeah, good pick up, have at least a year or two to groom a rookie or young pick up......

Originally Posted by heat23

LAVERANUES REPLACES HOUSHMANDZADEH
Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2009, 4:01 p.m.

Coach Marvin Lewis hinted earlier today that another free-agency move was imminent.

And he was right.

The Bengals have signed free-agent receiver Laveranues Coles , according to Adam Schefter of NFLN.

Per Schefter, it's a four-year, $28 million contract.

That said, the guaranteed money has not yet been reported. Since Coles already was poised to pocket $6 million guaranteed from the Jets in 2009, it'll be interesting to see how much more than that he received for three additional years of contractual commitment.

Coles walked away from a $6 million guaranteed base salary with the Jets in exchange for the team's agreement to allow him to become a free agent.

In Cincy, Coles will replace receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh; Coles is actually three months younger than his predecessor.
Coles did what he had to do for himself ($ wise), but going from us to the Bengals?
laugh.gif
(no disrespect towards Bengals fans)

I'm just shocked he didn't hold a gun to Jeff Ireland and Parcells head, forcing them to signhim. I for sure thought he was going to Miami to be reunited with Chad.

I heard the Chicago Bears picked up.......oh, wait...I forgot, they're so good that they don't need new players...

Stupid cheap front office.

Kidding Like Jason:

Actually JJ Arrington will be the backup to Buchalter(sp?) and he'll also return kicks...but they said they love he's speed, 3rd blocking and hands outthe backfield. The dual back system and he'll be the speed back.

I'm glad Coles got what he wanted. Long term deal and plenty of cash.
He was one of my favorite players with the Jets. Dude was a warrior. It seemed every sunday he'd be battling on the field with an injury.
Also like the fact he ain't in the AFC East.

Bengals expected to sign former 49ers QBO'Sullivan
Posted: March 4th, 2009 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Cincinnati Bengals, J.T. O'Sullivan,Laveranues Coles, Ryan Fitzpatrick, T.J. Houshmandzadeh

Quarterback signings heated up Wednesday and it is likely to continue Thursday. The Bengals are expected to reach agreement with former 49ers starting quarterback J.T. O'Sullivan, who would take the place of Ryan Fitzpatrick, who signed with Buffalo.

It also would mark the second straight day Cincinnati has found a free-agent replacement for another player it lost.

After former Bengals wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh signed with Seattle, Cincinnati lured in Laveraneus Coles (as an aside, can the Bengals find a wideout whose name is easy to spell?) Now O'Sullivan could be next.

Permalink | ShareThis

[h2] Former ******** DE Evans signs with 49ers[/h2]

Posted: March 4th, 2009 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Demetric Evans, San Francisco 49ers, Washington ********

Former ******** DE Demetric Evans has signed a two-year deal worth $3.8 million with the 49ers.

Evans enjoyed a breakout season last year in Washington, starting a career-high 11 games and tallying a career-high 3.5 sacks for the ********. He adds line depth to a San Francisco team fortifying its defense under coach Mike Singletary.

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

I'm glad Coles got what he wanted. Long term deal and plenty of cash.
He was one of my favorite players with the Jets. Dude was a warrior. It seemed every sunday he'd be battling on the field with an injury.
That's what I like to hear
pimp.gif
, The Bengals need somewarriors.

so we are going into the season with Roy E and patrick crayton as are 1 and 2 ... +%*$ this $@%%

ESPN is going to have a field day with this. Owens getting released
smh.gif
but Romo sticking around. His @++ better be next if he %!+!! up. Crayton isn't goingto get the job done nor will Witten. Dallas is going to see how much they miss T.O. this season. Trust and believe that.

They spent way too much on Roy Williams and Jerry Jones ducked way too many questions for this not to be obvious...

They better hope they can find another serviceable guy though... RW, Crayton, and Austin/Hurd ain't enough...

it would be cool to see TO go back to the 49ers

i always liek when a player returns

Back
Top Bottom