The Official NFL Off-Season Thread - Tony Gonzalez traded to the Falcons

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Didnt see this posted yet

Antonio Cromartie-DB- Chargers Mar. 2 - 8:36 pm et

The Chargers will reportedly put Antonio Cromartie on the trade block if they're able to sign free agent Drayton Florence.
Adding Florence would set up San Diego nicely. 2008 first-round pick Antoine Cason is ready to start and Quentin Jammer is locked up cheaply long term. Cromartie is the Bolts' most physically gifted corner, but he's coming off a rough season and his rookie contract is two years from expiration.

what happened to Cromartie beating his int total from the previous season????? thought he was a beast?

It's called playing w/ a broken hip for the entire season
hah, that season was a fluke. Best CB in the game is Nnamdi Asomuga hands down.
No one ever said he wasn't
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

get out of here with that.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

damn Broncos backfield getting loaded...gotta love their traditional RB by committee approach.
laugh.gif

didn't seven different backs for Denver end up on IR last year?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Lamont Jordan signed with Denver

Laverneus Coles signed with Bengals just commited career suicide.

I like the Jordan move, gets him the hell outta NE. These days, anything that takes a player outta NE gives me at least a little hope.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

to whoever asked, grove is pretty good. not worth that much money though. but its not a bad pickup or anything

Ok, that's two to one that said he was good, I can live with that.

This gives us

Long
Smiley
Grove

Carey

We need to upgrade the guards, and then we have the makings of a pretty solid front line for Ricky and Ronnie. I see us goin for OG in the draft. Or, MAYBE, Sattelle can slide over to a guard spot, but I dunno, that might be a reach.
Donald Thomas ?

and
sick.gif
at Coles going to Cincy RIP

I'm digging the resigning of Ced and the new edition Mr. Coles. Now we need some O and D-Linemen. Whose available?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

and where would Roy Williams play in Tampa? they have the best Safety Duo in the NFL
for what its worth
nerd.gif

SS Jermaine Phillips is in Seattle today

Posted by Ryan Divish @ 11:36:18 am

jermainephillips.jpg

Eric just called me and he's away from his computer, but he asked me to post that free agent strong safety Jermaine Phillips is visiting Seattle, today, according to team sources.

Phillips was in San Diego yesterday visiting with the Chargers, who are looking to add depth for a beleaguered secondary.

Phillips, 30, has been riddled by injuries over his career after being selected by the Buccaneers in the fifth round of the 2002 draft. Last season he suffered a pair of broken arms and started just 11 games.

Since the 2002 season, Phillips has appeared in all 16 games of season just twice (2003 and 2006)

I was only kidding jay. We all know Eraser is nasty. Gerald is whatever. But thats my man cause I met him at the landing a couple years ago on a regularWednesday getting stupid

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Originally Posted by CP1708

to whoever asked, grove is pretty good. not worth that much money though. but its not a bad pickup or anything

Ok, that's two to one that said he was good, I can live with that.

This gives us

Long
Smiley
Grove

Carey

We need to upgrade the guards, and then we have the makings of a pretty solid front line for Ricky and Ronnie. I see us goin for OG in the draft. Or, MAYBE, Sattelle can slide over to a guard spot, but I dunno, that might be a reach.
Donald Thomas ?

and
sick.gif
at Coles going to Cincy RIP

CP, how did you forget Donald Thomas? He's a beast and the steal of last years draft. Satele will be a back up @ either G or C or get traded

Dolphins host Arizona CB Eric Green for free-agent visit

The Miami Dolphins have brought in Arizona Cardinals cornerback Eric Green on a free-agent visit today.

Green (5-11, 196 pounds), 27, started 33 games for Arizona over the past four years after the Cardinals selected him in the third round of the 2005 draft. Last season Green started nine games and had 32 tackles and one interception. Green, who has two career interceptions, had a career-high 56 tackles in 2007 before a groin injury ended his season.

A South Florida native, Green was born in Pahokee, Florida, and starred at Clewiston High School before attending Virginia Tech, where he intercepted eight passes as a Hokie.

The Dolphins are working to add depth to a secondary that presently has Will and Jason Allen penciled in as starters. Green would likely compete with Jason Allen, a converted safety, for the starting spot vacated by Andre' Goodman, who signed with Denver earlier this week.

Outside of Will and Jason Allen, Nate Jones and Joey Thomas are the only experienced cornerbacks on the Dolphins roster. Will Billingsley and Scorpio Babers, two rookies who spent most of last season on the Dolphins' practice squad, are also expected to compete for roster spots during training camp.

I'm digging the resigning of Ced and the new edition Mr. Coles.
I understand about Ced, but why Coles? The Bengals let TJ go due to being confident in Caldwell/Simpson, and having Chad/Henry there already. Waste of money unless they are moving Chad, or they have zero confidence in the young guys

McFadden still hasn't signed, maybe will stick in Pittsburgh? Who would want to leave LeBeau?!

[h2]RAY'S DEAL IS DONE[/h2]
Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2009, 4:35 p.m.

On the same day that the Ravens finagled a deal with a long-time fixture in another team's offense, the Ravens finally worked out a contract with a long-time fixture in their own defense.

A league source tells us that linebacker Ray Lewis has agreed to terms to remain with the team for which he has starred since 1996.

The Ravens are expected to announce the transaction in the not-too-distant future.

[h2][/h2]
ARRINGTON DOES DEAL WITH BRONCOS, AFTER ALL
Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2009, 5:15 p.m.

It's been a strange week for the Broncos. They've signed a slew of new free agents and nearly traded away their franchise quarterback.

It's been an even stranger week for running back J.J. Arrington. After having a deal in place with the Broncos, the thing fell through. But now, it's back on.

According to a league source, the Broncos have again agreed to terms with Arrington, according to Mike Klis of the Denver Post.

Arrington is the third running back that new coach Josh McDaniels and new G.M. Brian Xanders have signed, joining Correll Buckhalter and LaMont Jordan.

A league source tells us that the Broncos initially were troubled by a meniscus injury in Arrington's knee. The deal fell apart over guaranteed money (or, more accurately, the lack of it).

But the knee has since checked out, and the deal was able to be finalized.

Permalink | Comments Back to Top

[h2]THREE YEARS, $12 MILLION FOR BIRK?[/h2]
Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2009, 5:00 p.m.

Adam Caplan of Scout.com reports that the contract signed by Ravens center Matt Birk has a two-year term, and a total value of $9 million.

Per Caplan, the deal contains $6 million in guaranteed money.

Birk, a six-time Pro Bowler, spent eleven years with the Vikings. (And, yeah, we added that sentence because the thing needed a third paragraph.)

UPDATE: We're actually hearing three years and $12 million. Stay tuned.

LAVERANUES REPLACES HOUSHMANDZADEH

Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2009, 4:01 p.m.

Coach Marvin Lewis hinted earlier today that another free-agency move was imminent.

And he was right.

The Bengals have signed free-agent receiver Laveranues Coles , according to Adam Schefter of NFLN.

Per Schefter, it's a four-year, $28 million contract.

That said, the guaranteed money has not yet been reported. Since Coles already was poised to pocket $6 million guaranteed from the Jets in 2009, it'll be interesting to see how much more than that he received for three additional years of contractual commitment.

Coles walked away from a $6 million guaranteed base salary with the Jets in exchange for the team's agreement to allow him to become a free agent.

In Cincy, Coles will replace receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh; Coles is actually three months younger than his predecessor.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

I'm digging the resigning of Ced and the new edition Mr. Coles. Now we need some O and D-Linemen. Whose available?

I like both signings too, but we should have went after Jason Brown for center, and i wouldve went and dropped some money for Ray, he changes the attitude onthe team instatnly and hurts a team in the division.

Ravens also got Matt Birk. Great Center, but his best days are probably behind him. He still has probably 2 more productive years in him though.

I'm still baffled regarding the Warner deal. 2 years at $19 mil. guaranteed. Do they really have the money to sign 'Quan? What does the future hold forMatt Leinart?

The Cardinals put all their chips on the table with this one.

Back
Top Bottom