The Official NFL Off-Season Thread - Tony Gonzalez traded to the Falcons

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

With Seattle taking TJ, it only increases our chances of Taking Crabtree at 7
pimp.gif
what if they were to still take Crabree. Crabtree and T.J?
eek.gif
As a Seahawks fan I don't think this is the case. Seattle wants a young defensive stud. I believe the TJ move was to get a proven DURABLEreceiver. Look at how decimated they were at that position last season. Branch has been an absolute bust for them. I think TJ will easily become Matts newfavorite person to throw to along with Carlson. This offense is going to be lethal again if they can stay healthy. If Seattle has a decent defense to go alongwith that look for them to take the NFC west once again.

[h2]http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/02/twelve-teams-interested-in-taylor/[/h2]
[h2]TWELVE TEAMS INTERESTED IN TAYLOR[/h2]
Posted by Mike Florio on March 2, 2009, 11:24 p.m.

The best part of a Miami Herald commenter's decision to pose as Armando Salguero and post a comment indicating that free-agent defensive end Jason Taylor has re-signed with the Dolphins is that the non-story gave us the occasion to explore the situation.

And we learned that a dozen teams already have expressed interest in the 2006 defensive player of the year.

But not the Dolphins.

As we hear it, Taylor is going to take some time before making a decision. And that makes sense - anyone who signs him in March will expect him to participate in the offseason program, and that's precisely why he was cut by the ********.

So if he continues to play, he'll likely sign a contract in June or July.

Also, don't rule out the possibility that Taylor will call it quits. The aspiring actor had a movie deal on the table last year, in the wake of his successful stint on Dancing With The Stars.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3947108
Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh has joined the Seattle Seahawks, agreeing to a five-year, $40 million contract that included $15 million in guaranteed money, according to John Clayton and Michael Smith of ESPN.com

Adam Schefter of NFL Network also reported that Houshmandzadeh is a Seahawk, citing the same financial figures.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Rumor has it Stallworth,Edwards and Cory Williams will be gone

Just heard on sirus that the Browns are shopping all 3 players. Atlanta is the likely suitor for Cory Williams and the Browns are in deep discussion with the Giants and Niners about a possible Edwards trade.

roll.gif

"shopping "3 bum players on the verge of being cut

I dont know if I would call Braylon Edwards a bum. He was a All-Pro and Pro Bowler in 2007. He's about big (6'3) and fairly fast.(4.4)He 's only 26. I think it would be smart for the Browns to hold on to him.

2008, he was a Bum.Period. I dont care what he did the previous season. He was Horrible. there's no disputing that
plus he's a FA in 2010. who would trade for him after that performance for that one yr

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

i just happened to come in this thread. havent even heard about the poor guy being potentially traded. he should come to oakland. he can return punts or something. i almost feel bad for the guy now.
No need to feel bad for him.

He'll be healthy next year and back to playing @ a high level.

happy.gif

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Rumor has it Stallworth,Edwards and Cory Williams will be gone

Just heard on sirus that the Browns are shopping all 3 players. Atlanta is the likely suitor for Cory Williams and the Browns are in deep discussion with the Giants and Niners about a possible Edwards trade.

roll.gif

"shopping "3 bum players on the verge of being cut

I dont know if I would call Braylon Edwards a bum. He was a All-Pro and Pro Bowler in 2007. He's about big (6'3) and fairly fast.(4.4)He 's only 26. I think it would be smart for the Browns to hold on to him.

2008, he was a Bum.Period. I dont care what he did the previous season. He was Horrible. there's no disputing that
plus he's a FA in 2010. who would trade for him after that performance for that one yr

Some team would give the Browns a 4th round-7th round pick for Braylon Edwards.(Giants) If the Browns can get a 2 and a 5 for Kellen Winslow they should beable to get that for Edwards.

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

Im hearing Derrick Ward to tampa 4 yr deal. Sorry no link

I wouldn't trade Kiwa for Braylon even though they need a WR, especially the way he played last season (even though he is still young).

......and yea Ward signed a 4 yr deal-17M dollar contract with Tampa. He will reportedly make $9.25 million over the first two years and $13 million over thefirst three of the front-loaded contract

Somewhere....KLJ is jumping for joy right now, time for the Bradshaw show.
pimp.gif

Nate going to Tenn for 27mil, 6 years. Good luck to him, a bit rich for my blood but he had some big catches with the Steelers and I wish him all the best

bills have an offer on the table for l. coles but hes visiting cincy today. if they offer him the money they were going to give housh then they will prolly gethim. id like to have him cause coles and lee evans would be
pimp.gif
but werenot going to get in a bidding war over him

Originally Posted by BJJ Prodigy

Brady Quinn and Shaun Rogers for Jay Cutler and the Broncos 3rd round draft pick. rumor
wow very interesting.

Cutler gonna go to a team about to cut 3 WR's and traded their pass catching tight end???
laugh.gif

Yeah, that oughta make him happy.
laugh.gif

If I'm the Vikes, I wanna hang out with the Broncos for a minute, talk a little.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by BJJ Prodigy

Brady Quinn and Shaun Rogers for Jay Cutler and the Broncos 3rd round draft pick. rumor
I don't see it happening. The Browns would take a $10 million cap hit if they get rid of Rogers.

Texans need to get Cromartie as soon as he comes available.... If the Chargers let him go for a second or third, ill take it! He's insurance in case DuntaRobinson isn't healthy in time...

Somewhere....KLJ is jumping for joy right now, time for the Bradshaw show.
pimp.gif

10blue.1.600.jpg

They should have done away with Jacobs, too. Ahmad could handle 60 touches a game.
pimp.gif

eek.gif

Too bad the Browns are buns sauce.
grin.gif

Might as well flip Braylon for Brandon, too.
pimp.gif

Edit:
[h2]http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/02/cutler-could-intrigue-cleveland/[/h2]http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/02/cutler-could-intrigue-cleveland/
CUTLER COULD INTRIGUE CLEVELAND

Posted by Mike Florio on March 2, 2009, 11:39 p.m. EST
Earlier on Monday, a league source advised us that the new regime in Cleveland - known lovingly in league circles as "ManKok" - would likely be interested in Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler as an alternative to Derek Anderson and/or Brady Quinn .

And there are indeed as of this posting an old-fashioned, unsubstantiated, poo-on-the-wall "Internet rumor" regarding a deal that would send Brady Quinn and Shaun Rogers to the Broncos for Cutler and a third-round pick.

To be crystal clear, we are not reporting that a trade is or could be happening. In fact, given the top-secret manner in which the Browns handled the Kellen Winslow trade, we're confident that word of such a transaction would not leak. Our contribution to this one is only that it's believed that coach Eric Mangini and G.M. George Kokinis would be interested in Cutler.

(That said, you can bet that there will be plenty of people who come away from this one thinking that we're reporting that the deal is already done.)

Much more would have to be determined, such as whether the Broncos would be interested in Quinn, who played college football at Notre Dame for Charlie Weis, who proceeded Denver coach Josh McDaniels as New England offensive coordinator and likely mentored him.
Still, we're willing to put this one in the "possibility" category.

Why give up Quinn for Cutler? Do you really know that much about Cutler and Quinn to say one is better than the other?

yo, does anybody have an ESPN Insider account, and can post this story about Cutler possibly heading to the Vikings...

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

yo, does anybody have an ESPN Insider account, and can post this story about Cutler possibly heading to the Vikings...
Here ya go...
Cutler drawing interest from Vikes?

Jay Cutler | Broncos | Interested: Vikings? Lions?
The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that talks between the Minnesota Vikings and Denver Broncos continued on Monday, and the topic of these talks was a potential trade for quarterback Jay Cutler.
Cutler would be a huge upgrade over any of the players that are slated to compete for the Vikings' starting job and according to the paper, the Vikings first asked about Cutler at the NFL combine in February. In the time since, Minnesota traded a fourth round draft pick to the Houston Texans for Sage Rosenfels. Asked at the press conference to introduce Rosenfels whether the team would also acquire an elite quarterback this offseason, coach Brad Childress told the Star Tribune, "Don't know, I'm not clairvoyant."

A trade for Cutler would not be cheap for Minnesota. For starters, the Vikings would likely have to part ways with this year's first-round draft pick (No. 22 overall), and then supplement that pick with other draft picks or veterans. Denver is also likely seeking some semblance of a quarterback in return, seeing as Cutler's 2008 backup, Patrick Ramsey, is currently an unrestricted free agent.

I can't imagine the Broncos trading him now that Cassel is off the market...

From Peter King of SI

j. Weirdest thing I heard over the weekend: Pack gave their coaches the weekend off. They'll be in today, and this week, to work on the free agents. I'm told that has meaning -- that the Packers want to send the message that free agency spending these days is profligate, and they'll get in when the Dan Snyders get out.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
/
laugh.gif
smh.gif

[h2]JAKE GROVE GETS PAID[/h2]
Posted by Mike Florio on March 3, 2009, 12:05 p.m.

Though the Dolphins have been quiet for much of free agency (after re-signing three of their own), they've made a big splash on the offensive line.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Raiders center Jake Grove has agreed to a five-year, $29 million contract. The deal includes $14.5 million guaranteed.

Grove was a second-round pick of the Raiders in 2004. Has 46 career starts in five NFL seasons.

Permalink | Comments Back to Top

[h2]LEONHARD JOINS THE JETS[/h2]
Posted by Mike Florio on March 3, 2009, 11:28 a.m.

Former Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan continues to bring former players to his new team.

Alex Marvex of FOXSports.com reports that safety Jim Leonhard has struck a verbal agreement with the Jets.

Of course, a verbal agreement is roughly as enforceable as no agreement at all. But rarely if ever do these things fall through.

That said, it's not unprecedented. (We're just adding that line because if we don't then the Murphy's Law vibe under which we've been operating since Friday would result in Leonhard reneging and 10,000 or so of you posting at the same time a comment about how Easterbook is now going to add that to his "Bad Predictions Review," triggering a chain of events that would again fry the servers, kills the new hamsters, and spark the long-overdue prosecution for animal cruelty given that the varmint body count is now up to 134. I guess I should have just moved to Surry County; I think there's a house still on the market there.)

Didnt see this posted yet

Antonio Cromartie-DB- Chargers Mar. 2 - 8:36 pm et

The Chargers will reportedly put Antonio Cromartie on the trade block if they're able to sign free agent Drayton Florence.
Adding Florence would set up San Diego nicely. 2008 first-round pick Antoine Cason is ready to start and Quentin Jammer is locked up cheaply long term. Cromartie is the Bolts' most physically gifted corner, but he's coming off a rough season and his rookie contract is two years from expiration.

Back
Top Bottom