The Official NFL Off-Season Thread - Tony Gonzalez traded to the Falcons

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

TJ is gonna choose Seattle. He's a West Coast guy. Went to school in Oregon. People are completely sleeping on the team in the Pacific Northwest. They were riddled big time with injuries this last year and with a guy like TJ they fill a massive void at WR.

People on this board also seem to let Hasselbeck slip under the radar, who can be a top 7 QB when fully healthy for a year. I don't know, but Seattle isn't far off from going back to the playoffs at all.
Seattle isn't far off because that division sucks. I hate to say this, but I think the 49ers are the best team in that division right now, regardless of whether Warner comes back to the Cards or not. Even if the Seahawks are healthy next year, I don't think they are a contender for anything other than an NFC West title.

Why would the 9ers be better then the Cards if Warner stays in Ari? I don't get that. Did the 9ers get a QB or anything like that to make them leap up?
Singletary put !$*! together at the end of last season. The Cardinals have a lot of disgruntled players, and a lot of players that will probably be gone. I don't see them being as good over the course of sixteen games as they were in the playoffs.

I can handle that, but the same goes for Mike. Doin it for a few games when it don't matter anymore is one thing, it's another to do it for 16. People have had time to prepare for his style now as well.

All in all, if Kurt stays, and Q stays, I gotta stay with Ari winnin that division.

Originally Posted by mrmossyman84

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

albert haynesworth was just on "the monty show" [sporting news radio] and basically hinted that if the buccaneers didn't cut bait with all of the players that they did, he might've been a buccaneer rather than a *******..
laugh.gif
Haynesworth is an idiot. This isn't bocce ball with senior citizens.
yeah but he can defintely view that as the Bucs won't hesitate to cut him 5 years down the road with no remorse
And his contract in Washington will be reworked after four years anyways. What's the difference?

^ Good move but how much defense can you possibly add? There comes a time when you need to address that lethargic O.
laugh.gif

albert haynesworth was just on "the monty show" [sporting news radio] and basically hinted that if the buccaneers didn't cut bait with all of the players that they did, he might've been a buccaneer rather than a *******..
laugh.gif
yeah but he can defintely view that as the Bucs won't hesitate to cut him 5 years down the road with no remorse
And his contract in Washington will be reworked after four years anyways. What's the difference?

ehh thats not totally guaranteed, its a high number but if the NFL doesn't have a salary cap and salaries escalate Haynesworth could be under-valued amongthe top defensive players, not overpaid.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Jason Taylor to the Bucs possibly?

nerd.gif
Arent they rebuilding? They have Gaines Adams and Greg White, maybe thye could use another guy too but I doubt he'll go there. I can see thePatroits,Jets,Cardinals,Panthers,Vikings,49ers,Falcons. But thats just me throwing stuff on the wall based on his needs and team needs.

Seahawks | Houshmandzadeh agrees to terms
Mon, 02 Mar 2009 15:00:23 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN, reports the Seattle Seahawks have agreed to terms with unrestricted free-agent WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh (Bengals). Terms of the contractwere not disclosed.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Originally Posted by JPZx

pimp.gif
as a bears fan if we cant have him i dont want nobody in our div to have him
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
The Bears won't do anything in '09 anyway..
laugh.gif
you mad doggie?
Who says that anymore?

And can I quote Mushin Muhammad for a second?...

"Chicago is where WRs go to die.."

Thanks
happy.gif

i hate the fact that we paid tj that much. i just want a few years out of him. and hasselbeck still has all the tools to be an elite quarterback in the league.all he has to do is avoid injury. his numbers last year dont mean @#%! because he was playing with a bulging disc and a $#%**@ knee the whole season.

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
you mad doggie?
Who says that anymore?

Thanks
happy.gif
roll.gif
yea you mad

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

why would Bucs cut Vets that fit in their system but sign another old guy who may not fit,

I dunno bout them tryin to get him
esp. with their young DEs already there
Ya, I'm just posting %$$% that I come across....

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
you mad doggie?
Who says that anymore?

Thanks
happy.gif
roll.gif
yea you mad
EDIT: I'll keep my opinions to myself...it's evident you don't know how to have an intelligent sports conversation
grin.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
you mad doggie?
Who says that anymore?

Thanks
happy.gif
roll.gif
yea you mad
EDIT: I'll keep my opinions to myself...it's evident you don't know how to have an intelligent sports conversation
grin.gif

Dont lie you salty that he stayed 2 nights and didnt sign.

laugh.gif

ehh thats not totally guaranteed, its a high number but if the NFL doesn't have a salary cap and salaries escalate Haynesworth could be under-valued among the top defensive players, not overpaid.
How on earth do you get $27M in one year and be under-valued?

Actually, someone staying two straight nights to work on a deal is a good sign, not a bad one. It means that while the Vikes might not offer as much, they present better opportunities to win then Seattle/Cincy. Now if he leaves after two days, he won't become a Viking.

Though he had hoped to make his decision Sunday, Houshmandzadeh, pressured by Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer to stay in Cincinnati, and the Vikings to stay around the Minneapolis area during a visit, escaped from a Minneapolis hotel Sunday night, flew to Los Angeles and took Monday morning trying to make up his mind. He weighed offers from three teams along with their quarterbacks and their teams' chances of winning.

roll.gif

welcome to the Hawks TJ
happy.gif

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

i hate the fact that we paid tj that much. i just want a few years out of him. and hasselbeck still has all the tools to be an elite quarterback in the league. all he has to do is avoid injury. his numbers last year dont mean @#%! because he was playing with a bulging disc and a $#%**@ knee the whole season.

yeah ithought that was too much...

antonio cromartie could be possibly be on the trading block..

source: http://www3.signonsandieg...romartie-block/?chargers

Cornerback Cromartie on the trading block?

By Kevin Acee

Posted: 2:24 p.m. Monday March 2, 2009

The Chargers will put cornerback Antonio Cromartie on the trading block if they acquire Drayton Florence, according to league sources.

That would complete a remarkable circle for the two players. Cromartie replaced Florence as a starter in 2007.

After Cromartie made a team-record 10 inteceptions in '07, Florence was allowed to leave via free agency. He signed a six-year, $36 million contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars. But he was released last month and notified the Chargers through his agent he would like to return. The sides are talking now.

Cromartie suffered a serious slide in production in 2008. He suffered a hip injury in the season opener and had just two interceptions. If he is not traded, 2009 is considered a make-or-break year for him with the Chargers.

Chargers General Manager A.J. Smith would neither confirm nor deny his plans regarding the two cornerbacks.

> Rumor has it Stallworth,Edwards and Cory Williams will be gone

Just heard on sirus that the Browns are shopping all 3 players. Atlanta is the likely suitor for Cory Williams and the Browns are in deep discussion with theGiants and Niners about a possible Edwards trade. They said Stallworth will either be cut or traded for a 7th

if im a seahawks im not that mad. he wont live out that contract. i'd give him 3 seasons tops there.

Back
Top Bottom