The Official NFL Off-Season Thread - Tony Gonzalez traded to the Falcons

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

> Rumor has it Stallworth,Edwards and Cory Williams will be gone

Just heard on sirus that the Browns are shopping all 3 players. Atlanta is the likely suitor for Cory Williams and the Browns are in deep discussion with the Giants and Niners about a possible Edwards trade. They said Stallworth will either be cut or traded for a 7th
I'll take Edwards. Pony up our second and that should do it.

^ PLEASE. Eagles management will NOT make any major moves. Reid and Lurie prolly feel Jackson, Baskett, and Brown can get it done

Giants will get ANYTHING done to get Braylon, give up that 1st or 2nd round pick. It'll be much better than any WR we select with that pick and we canforget about the whole Burress saga

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

antonio cromartie could be possibly be on the trading block..

source: http://www3.signonsandieg...romartie-block/?chargers

Cornerback Cromartie on the trading block?

By Kevin Acee

Posted: 2:24 p.m. Monday March 2, 2009

The Chargers will put cornerback Antonio Cromartie on the trading block if they acquire Drayton Florence, according to league sources.

That would complete a remarkable circle for the two players. Cromartie replaced Florence as a starter in 2007.

After Cromartie made a team-record 10 inteceptions in '07, Florence was allowed to leave via free agency. He signed a six-year, $36 million contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars. But he was released last month and notified the Chargers through his agent he would like to return. The sides are talking now.

Cromartie suffered a serious slide in production in 2008. He suffered a hip injury in the season opener and had just two interceptions. If he is not traded, 2009 is considered a make-or-break year for him with the Chargers.

Chargers General Manager A.J. Smith would neither confirm nor deny his plans regarding the two cornerbacks.

*Waits for InYoNostril*

Rumor has it Stallworth,Edwards and Cory Williams will be gone

Just heard on sirus that the Browns are shopping all 3 players. Atlanta is the likely suitor for Cory Williams and the Browns are in deep discussion with the Giants and Niners about a possible Edwards trade.

roll.gif

"shopping "3 bum players on the verge of being cut

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

Will the Seahawks still draft Crabtree?

it's still a possibility, but they might be able to get decent value in the early second round on a wide receiver if they so choose.

they could very easily go with someone like jason smith or eugene monroe since walter jones is getting up there in age.

and they could even go with a quarterback [mark sanchez or matthew stafford in the off chance he falls that far] if the team isn't confident in matthasselbeck coming back.

all that aside, they could still go crabtree if they feel he's the best value.

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

Housh to the Seahawks
pimp.gif

I wish I could be excited as you about this. Seahawks have holes everywhere on both sides of the ball besides LB, signing a non-elite reciver is eh to me butI hope Housh proves me wrong.
ohwell.gif

seahawks should shop that 4th pick around and see if they can get a good running back in return or may be some other position that they need

4th pick for a RB? ,
U can get Great RBs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
the only RB worth the 4th pick in the draft is Adrian Peterson and the Vikes aint crazy.

Originally Posted by janoy

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

Housh to the Seahawks
pimp.gif

I wish I could be excited as you about this. Seahawks have holes everywhere on both sides of the ball besides LB, signing a non-elite reciver is eh to me but I hope Housh proves me wrong.
ohwell.gif
I agree, there are a lot of holes to fill on the roster. But we've also needed a good receiver.

Edit: In my opinion, we need to pick up a CB in free agency. Kelly Jennings is weak as %$++.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

4th pick for a RB? ,
the only RB worth the 4th pick in the draft is Adrian Peterson and the Vikes aint crazy.

What about Steve Slaton or Matt Forte?

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

4th pick for a RB? ,

What about Steve Slaton or Matt Forte?
For a 4th pick? Good thing you aint a GM..

Just heard on sirus that the Browns are shopping all 3 players. Atlanta is the likely suitor for Cory Williams and the Browns are in deep discussion with the
Giants and Niners about a possible Edwards trade.

roll.gif

Braylon Edwards is bum status now? He had a down season, sure, but I wouldn't consider him a bum.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

antonio cromartie could be possibly be on the trading block..

source: http://www3.signonsandieg...romartie-block/?chargers

Cornerback Cromartie on the trading block?

By Kevin Acee

Posted: 2:24 p.m. Monday March 2, 2009

The Chargers will put cornerback Antonio Cromartie on the trading block if they acquire Drayton Florence, according to league sources.

That would complete a remarkable circle for the two players. Cromartie replaced Florence as a starter in 2007.

After Cromartie made a team-record 10 inteceptions in '07, Florence was allowed to leave via free agency. He signed a six-year, $36 million contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars. But he was released last month and notified the Chargers through his agent he would like to return. The sides are talking now.

Cromartie suffered a serious slide in production in 2008. He suffered a hip injury in the season opener and had just two interceptions. If he is not traded, 2009 is considered a make-or-break year for him with the Chargers.

Chargers General Manager A.J. Smith would neither confirm nor deny his plans regarding the two cornerbacks.
*Waits for InYoNostril*

i just happened to come in this thread. havent even heard about the poor guy being potentially traded. he should come to oakland. he can returnpunts or something. i almost feel bad for the guy now.

"Just read in Giants forum, people heard on Sirius satalite radio the Giants are talking a trade for Braylon Edwards and sending Mathais Kiwanuka"

Got that from another board...

Originally Posted by dakid23

Actually, someone staying two straight nights to work on a deal is a good sign, not a bad one. It means that while the Vikes might not offer as much, they present better opportunities to win then Seattle/Cincy. Now if he leaves after two days, he won't become a Viking.
Though he had hoped to make his decision Sunday, Houshmandzadeh, pressured by Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer to stay in Cincinnati, and the Vikings to stay around the Minneapolis area during a visit, escaped from a Minneapolis hotel Sunday night, flew to Los Angeles and took Monday morning trying to make up his mind. He weighed offers from three teams along with their quarterbacks and their teams' chances of winning.

roll.gif

welcome to the Hawks TJ
happy.gif

eyes.gif
you clearly don't read. Vikes weren't willing tothrow major bucks at TJ, and he made it known that he was gonna be about the money. Seattle offered him the most, that's fine. I said if he leaves Minny,he won't be a Viking. What I don't understand is why Seattle would want another possession receiver, yall already got Burleson, Branch, and Engram. While TJ is better than those three, they're all essentially the same type of WR. But that's fine, good luck.

Just heard on sirus that the Browns are shopping all 3 players. Atlanta is the likely suitor for Cory Williams and the Browns are in deep discussion with the Giants and Niners about a possible Edwards trade.

roll.gif

I dont know if I would call Braylon Edwards a bum. He was a All-Pro and Pro Bowler in 2007. He's about big (6'3) and fairly fast.(4.4)He 's only26. I think it would be smart for the Browns to hold on to him.

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

With Seattle taking TJ, it only increases our chances of Taking Crabtree at 7
pimp.gif
what if they were to still take Crabree. Crabtree and T.J?
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom