The Official NFL Off-Season Thread - Tony Gonzalez traded to the Falcons

Grove was from V Tech wasn't he?

He was supposed to team with Gallery to give them a great line for the next decade, maybe he can do that now with Long.
Was Grove ok with the Raiders, orrr are we throwing away 20 mil?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

yo, does anybody have an ESPN Insider account, and can post this story about Cutler possibly heading to the Vikings...
Here ya go...
Cutler drawing interest from Vikes?

Jay Cutler | Broncos | Interested: Vikings? Lions?
The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that talks between the Minnesota Vikings and Denver Broncos continued on Monday, and the topic of these talks was a potential trade for quarterback Jay Cutler.
Cutler would be a huge upgrade over any of the players that are slated to compete for the Vikings' starting job and according to the paper, the Vikings first asked about Cutler at the NFL combine in February. In the time since, Minnesota traded a fourth round draft pick to the Houston Texans for Sage Rosenfels. Asked at the press conference to introduce Rosenfels whether the team would also acquire an elite quarterback this offseason, coach Brad Childress told the Star Tribune, "Don't know, I'm not clairvoyant."

A trade for Cutler would not be cheap for Minnesota. For starters, the Vikings would likely have to part ways with this year's first-round draft pick (No. 22 overall), and then supplement that pick with other draft picks or veterans. Denver is also likely seeking some semblance of a quarterback in return, seeing as Cutler's 2008 backup, Patrick Ramsey, is currently an unrestricted free agent.
I can't imagine the Broncos trading him now that Cassel is off the market...

Lord please! Our first, third, and either Sage/T-Jax.

What are the Broncos doing? I know Cutler is a hothead but they dont have a another reliable option right. Cutler is only 25. He's has career rating of 87.1, He's never thrown more ints than tds, He has great accuracy and can make all the tthrows needed on the NFL level. If I were a team basicallywithout(Brady,Manning,Brees,McNabb,Rivers,Ryan,Roethsliberger,Eli,Rodgers,Flacco) I would look into a trade for him. I coiuld get him for a 2-3 picks,I'ddo it as long there werent 2 ones involved.

I'm confused...didn't Shaun Rogers just get traded and signed a new contract with the Browns last season? Now they want to get rid of him?

Originally Posted by CP1708

He was supposed to team with Gallery to give them a great line for the next decade, maybe he can do that now with Long.

die hard Raiders fan here and imo Grove was way overpaid. The only season he stayed healthy was in his rookie season, he just started getting a bit better lastseason in his 5th season. He is undersized at center, and never just developed into the lineman he was drafted to be. Good luck with him, maybe he will turnaround his career in Miami but I wouldnt hold my breath.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Didnt see this posted yet

Antonio Cromartie-DB- Chargers Mar. 2 - 8:36 pm et

The Chargers will reportedly put Antonio Cromartie on the trade block if they're able to sign free agent Drayton Florence.
Adding Florence would set up San Diego nicely. 2008 first-round pick Antoine Cason is ready to start and Quentin Jammer is locked up cheaply long term. Cromartie is the Bolts' most physically gifted corner, but he's coming off a rough season and his rookie contract is two years from expiration.

what happened to Cromartie beating his int total from the previous season????? thought he was a beast? hah, that season was a fluke. Best CB in the game isNnamdi Asomuga hands down.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

I'm confused...didn't Shaun Rogers just get traded and signed a new contract with the Browns last season? Now they want to get rid of him?
He says that Mangini blew him off at two team functions so that's why he's upset. I'm sure he saw what kind of bank Haynesworth gotand wants something similar. I can't believe a grown man would be that upset if someone didn't come up and talk to him.

He was pretty good for the Raiders, I would've liked to have kept him to play along side with Gallery now that Gallery is playing Guard...butwe spent a lot of money on Asomugha and Lechler so I guess it was pretty obvious we were not going to keep Jake Grove...interesting move since we need work onour O-Line and our D-Line
grin.gif

Getting Cutler would be great...but lets be realistic here
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

He was pretty good for the Raiders, I would've liked to have kept him to play along side with Gallery now that Gallery is playing Guard...but we spent a lot of money on Asomugha and Lechler so I guess it was pretty obvious we were not going to keep Jake Grove...interesting move since we need work on our O-Line and our D-Line
grin.gif

I dont know what team you were watching. Grove was average at best for us, and got man handled and tossed around a lot. He will be easily replaced imo, no big loss at all....

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Has Gallery gotten any better? I don't see Oakland play very much...

Gallery will never live up to his to his hype but he has become a pretty good LG. If the Raiders ever start winning again he will prob be a probowl LG.

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

Originally Posted by TheGift23

He says that Mangini blew him off at two team functions so that's why he's upset. I'm sure he saw what kind of bank Haynesworth got and wants something similar. I can't believe a grown man would be that upset if someone didn't come up and talk to him.

Wow that's rediculous on Rogers part. (Totally forgot the Browns have Mangini at HC, so I could see why they'd want to get rid of him)

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

i just happened to come in this thread. havent even heard about the poor guy being potentially traded. he should come to oakland. he can return punts or something. i almost feel bad for the guy now.
No need to feel bad for him.

He'll be healthy next year and back to playing @ a high level.

happy.gif

get out of here with that.
laugh.gif

to whoever asked, grove is pretty good. not worth that much money though. but its not a bad pickup or anything

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

What are the Broncos doing? I know Cutler is a hothead but they dont have a another reliable option right. Cutler is only 25. He's has career rating of 87.1, He's never thrown more ints than tds, He has great accuracy and can make all the tthrows needed on the NFL level. If I were a team basically without(Brady,Manning,Brees,McNabb,Rivers,Ryan,Roethsliberger,Eli,Rodgers,Flacco) I would look into a trade for him. I coiuld get him for a 2-3 picks,I'd do it as long there werent 2 ones involved.
Because Cutler is.....well actually I have NO ###@$+* IDEA WHAT MCDANIELS IS DOING!?!?!?!
mad.gif

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

to whoever asked, grove is pretty good. not worth that much money though. but its not a bad pickup or anything

Ok, that's two to one that said he was good, I can live with that.

This gives us

Long
Smiley
Grove

Carey

We need to upgrade the guards, and then we have the makings of a pretty solid front line for Ricky and Ronnie. I see us goin for OG in the draft. Or, MAYBE,Sattelle can slide over to a guard spot, but I dunno, that might be a reach.

To the Vikings fans that are thinking we're possibly going after Cutler..

Don't count on it. To be honest I'm hoping we go after Laveraneus Coles more than Cutler because I think Cutler is a pipe dream...the Broncos wouldliterally have to be in self-destruct mode to get rid of him. Now that Cassel is not available, he's not on the block and I'm going to stick with thatopinion until I hear a report that confirms Jay Cutler's been traded. I'm not going to put any stock into rumors...

drayton florence just signed with the buffalo bills, so any talks of antonio cromartie being on the trade talk are more than likely dead.

well, that, and a.j. smith just came out today saying that cromartie isn't on the block.

but maybe that's because smith knew that florence wasn't going to sign with san diego.

"The Eagles announced that they are hosting free agent Shawn Springs Tuesday.

Multiple reports had Springs visiting the Patriots and Saints today, but those meetings may have been pushed back. There are rumors circulating that if Phillyadds another cornerback Sheldon Brown will go on the trade block."

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Philly gettin rid of all their Cowboy killers.

Edit:

March 3, 2009 5:57 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley

The Eagles just announced that Shawn Springs is headed to town tonight for a visit and will meet with reportersWednesday. Springs became expendable in Washington when DeAngelo Hall was signed to a long-term contract Friday.

You normally don't issue a press release when you're not planning to sign a player. Springs is a physical cornerback who could also help out at safetynow that Brian Dawkins has left the building.

There was some initial interest from Dallas in Springs, but it looks like he'll end up in Philly. It's interesting to see guys such as Chris Canty andSprings stay in the division. We'll let you know if we hear anything else.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation

Safety Roy Williams wants Dallas Cowboys to act today

12:30 AM CST on Tuesday, March 3, 2009

By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected] / The Dallas Morning News
http://www.dallasnews.com...redcont....1def5915.html

Roy Williams wants to know what his future holds immediately, so his agent, Jordan Woy, has asked the Dallas Cowboys to either cut or trade the strong safetyby today.

The Cowboys have made Williams available for trade but the market has been slow, largely because teams believe the club will eventually release him. Williamsis scheduled to count $6.6 million against the 2009 salary cap.

If the Cowboys trade or cut Williams, they will save roughly $2 million against the cap. His 2008 season was cut short by a twice-fractured right forearm thatlimited him to three games. He finished with nine tackles.

Clearance sale on #38 Authentic Jerseys

Shawn Springs is gonna do real well in the eight games he plays for the Eagles.

Oh, and nobody is happier than DeAngelo Hall. There was a game last year where Hall had a ball coming right at him, looked like he was catching
a punt. Shawn comes out of nowhere and fouls it up so neither of them catch it.

Not to mention the game where Reggie Brown, as he's getting pushed out of bounds by Shawn laterals it back to Buckhalter for a touchdown. All he caredabout was that the league later changed it form a forced fumble to a lateral, messing up his stats. He was livid.
laugh.gif

I'm torn man.

If we get Springs, he's going to play FS. Hanson will be opposite Assante. Ikegwuonu will probably be our 3rd CB (I'm assuming he's healthy andready to go, otherwise we're %%%@%#).

Of course, that all depends on Sheldon being traded. And word is that he'll get shipped out for Boldin.

I love Sheldon. Most underrated corner in the league. But we just paid Hanson starter money. The Eagles don't do that unless they believe the guy canstart.

Back
Top Bottom