The Official NFL Off-Season Thread - Tony Gonzalez traded to the Falcons

St. Pierre is on the Cards as well? Geez, they have everything but the ownership (which has always been their downfall).

And Ray Lewis is probably very surprised how low his value was on the market. As a fan of Pitt, I'm glad Scott is gone from there and only have Ray comeback for 1, maybe 2 productive years.

^ Pretty obvious Leinart is going to have to sit these next 2 years.
laugh.gif

My bad, but didn't Donald Thomas get hurt pretty bad? Isn't that why we were mixing and matching guards towards the end there?

If he's back healthy, and Smiley comes back healthy, then we could have a good young O line. But I would still like an upgrade at the guards. Just incase.
wink.gif

the saints signed jabari greer to a 4yr deal. jabari's a good corner, i wish we coulda kept him. i like the saints, hes going to help our their secondary alot

Originally Posted by Digger85

the saints signed jabari greer to a 4yr deal. jabari's a good corner, i wish we coulda kept him. i like the saints, hes going to help our their secondary a lot
Damn, I was hoping the Browns would get Greer.

Originally Posted by RellNye

I'm still baffled regarding the Warner deal. 2 years at $19 mil. guaranteed. Do they really have the money to sign 'Quan? What does the future hold for Matt Leinart?

The Cardinals put all their chips on the table with this one.

Quan's under contract already for another 2-3 years I believe. They technically don't have to do anything with him.

Originally Posted by CP1708

My bad, but didn't Donald Thomas get hurt pretty bad? Isn't that why we were mixing and matching guards towards the end there?

If he's back healthy, and Smiley comes back healthy, then we could have a good young O line. But I would still like an upgrade at the guards. Just in case.
wink.gif

Depends how you see it. He broke his leg during the season opener and didn't even know he broke it so he keep playing in the game (1 bad MoFo). If it wasan ACL or something similar, I would consider it bad. I believe with the proper rehab, his leg will be stronger than before he broke it. Plus he's ahead ofschedule!

And since you and I know this team loves their Linemen, they will add more as the offseason goes. We need CB's, a WR and NT bad.

dam you ray ray.. and ravens. gotta deal with this monster for another few years.. SMH tiitans will like nate washington, with that speed of his hes a gooddeep threat and decent hands.

Buchanon bout to go out there and get roasted but get that Guap boy.

Det still gonna run the Tamps 2 w/o Marinelli?

If so, then maybe disregard my opening statement.

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Phillip Buchanon agreed to 2 year deal with Detroit.

[h2]BUCHANON PICKS LIONS[/h2]
Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2009, 6:30 p.m.

Free-agent cornerback Philip Buchanon has agreed to terms with the Detroit Lions, a league source tells us.

Per the source, it's a two-year, $8.5 million contract.

Buchanon most recently played for the Buccaneers.

The one-time first-round pick of the Raiders started every game last year in Tampa.

Buchanon also has played for the Texans.

No bad. The Fins should have signed him

Originally Posted by dmxfury

I'm digging the resigning of Ced and the new edition Mr. Coles.
I understand about Ced, but why Coles? The Bengals let TJ go due to being confident in Caldwell/Simpson, and having Chad/Henry there already. Waste of money unless they are moving Chad, or they have zero confidence in the young guys
Shhh, let me have my peace at mind and joy
nerd.gif

Broncos continue signing spreewith Simms, Arrington
Posted: March 4th, 2009 | Adam Schefter | Tags: ChrisSimms, Denver Broncos, J.J. Arrington

Denver started the week with a quarterback controversy and is ending it with a new quarterback. Free-agent quarterback Chris Simms has reached agreement with the Broncos on a two-year contract. He will be insurance for starting quarterback Jay Cutler, whose name emerged last week in trade talks.

Simms hasn't signed yet but soon will and he will have gone from Tampa to Tennessee to Denver.

Finally, Denver signed free agent running back J.J. Arrington to a four-year contract. The deal was signed last week, the league rejected the contract's language, but it was redone Wednesday. Arrington is a Bronco.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Buchanon bout to go out there and get roasted but get that Guap boy.

Det still gonna run the Tamps 2 w/o Marinelli?

If so, then maybe disregard my opening statement.
I read a few interviews w/ Cunningham and Schwartz and both are vague on the defensive scheming.

It was mostly: "We'll let the players dictate the scheme we use" or something to that effect.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Jabari is decent. what was the salary number?
jabari is better than decent. we offered him 5 yrs 20 mil to stay and he didnt take it so im guessing his deal was around 24-28

Shawn Springs Leaves Philly Without Contract..

The Eagles are looking at free agent Shawn Springs as a potential replacement for Brian Dawkins at free safety.
Springs didn't sign at his Tuesday visit, but talks may be rekindled. 2008 fourth-round pick Quintin Demps is the Birds' only free safety under contract.
Source: philadelphiaeagles.com

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Eagles make a run at McFadden or go back to Springs. Heard Sheldon was to move to safety or be on the trading block.

Matt Birk signs with Baltimore
ohwell.gif

Also agreeing to a contract Wednesday is six-time Pro Bowl C Matt Birk. Birk has played all 11 of his NFL seasons with the Minnesota Vikings.

"To add a player like Matt, who will also give us outstanding leadership, makes us a better team," Harbaugh said. "We're not standing pat. We're moving forward and getting better."

The Ravens got a great deal with Birk. Apparently, his contract is 4 years $12 million.
eek.gif

I can't believe he would leave his hometown team for so little, there must have really been something he liked about Baltimore's staff or organization.

I was worried about the C position after we lost Jason Brown to a large contract in St Louis, but now we have great stability for the next couple years.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

The Ravens got a great deal with Birk. Apparently, his contract is 4 years $12 million.
eek.gif

I can't believe he would leave his hometown team for so little, there must have really been something he liked about Baltimore's staff or organization.
Nah..him and Childress have been having issues ever since Childress was hired...I think Birk had enough

Have I mentioned how much I hate I have for Brad Childress on here yet?
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

Safety Roy Williams wants Dallas Cowboys to act today

12:30 AM CST on Tuesday, March 3, 2009

By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected] / The Dallas Morning News
http://www.dallasnews.com...redcont....1def5915.html

Roy Williams wants to know what his future holds immediately, so his agent, Jordan Woy, has asked the Dallas Cowboys to either cut or trade the strong safety by today.

The Cowboys have made Williams available for trade but the market has been slow, largely because teams believe the club will eventually release him. Williams is scheduled to count $6.6 million against the 2009 salary cap.

If the Cowboys trade or cut Williams, they will save roughly $2 million against the cap. His 2008 season was cut short by a twice-fractured right forearm that limited him to three games. He finished with nine tackles.

Clearance sale on #38 Authentic Jerseys

bout time they get rid of him...

Back
Top Bottom