The Official NBA Season Thread: Season Starts Now

1729781392812.png

If your kids were in 5th grade and had a coach that cursed during practice, would you (or your wife (their mother) have an issue with it?

Not at all. And we’ve already encountered that multiple times with my 2 older kids.

If they’re cursing AT them, as in calling them MFs and calling them out their name? Sure, I’d have an issue with it. But just cursing in the course of teaching a game? Absolutely don’t care at all. I’m not trying to shield my kids from the reality that most people casually curse.

Not at all. And we’ve already encountered that multiple times with my 2 older kids.

If they’re cursing AT them, as in calling them MFs and calling them out their name? Sure, I’d have an issue with it. But just cursing in the course of teaching a game? Absolutely don’t care at all. I’m not trying to shield my kids from the reality that most people casually curse.

Cool.

Facts. I don’t use profanity in front of my kid but she knows what it is. She hears people cussing and I tell
her we don’t talk like that.

She reminds me all the time she heard me say “hell nah” playing video games.

But yeah don’t cuss out my kid. Be careful, coach.

I’ve seen more trash parents influence steer a kid than an athlete or entertainer. How you speak to your kid on a daily basis weighs heavier.

Saw a jit about 10 years old get cussed out by her mom at a birthday party . I’m not about to blame Glorilla either.
This is an even bigger issue. Seeing those types at events really makes me wish those types would get kicked out and banned from future events. It's DANGEROUS.

I’ve seen more trash parents influence steer a kid than an athlete or entertainer. How you speak to your kid on a daily basis weighs heavier.

Saw a jit about 10 years old get cussed out by her mom at a birthday party . I’m not about to blame Glorilla either.
obviously parental behavior is more important

but its like littering, is one individual act of littering going to really negatively impact the quality of life in a city? no.

but if everyone litters then it can.

so therefore we socially discourage littering.

im not saying Lamelo is going to cause an outbreak of go karting on rooftops cursing impolite children.

its just a individual antisocial act that should be discouraged.

Fake/straw-man argument that keeps coming up:

“OOOOOMMMGHHH aaaarrrgggh Melo ball cussed on TV…it is worst thing everrrrrr….nnnnoooooo”.

Actual point being made:

“We think there are a number of valid reasons why it would be preferable for very influential pro athletes not to curse during live TV interviews.”

Thanks for your attention.

obviously parental behavior is more important

but its like littering, is one individual act of littering going to really negatively impact the quality of life in a city? no.

but if everyone litters then it can.

so therefore we socially discourage littering.

im not saying Lamelo is going to cause an outbreak of go karting on rooftops cursing impolite children.

its just a individual antisocial act that should be discouraged.

It’s not professional at all but again, the home life and in turn the kids your kids roll with have a far greater influence. If lamelo doesn’t cuss, there’s still iPhone 16 innuendo commercial, the political ads, the gambling/alcohol/STD commercials

It’s not professional at all but again, the home life and in turn the kids your kids roll with have a far greater influence. If lamelo doesn’t cuss, there’s still iPhone 16 innuendo commercial, the political ads, the gambling/alcohol/STD commercials

All of those items occurred on that same broadcast Lamelo cursed on but

gambling, alcohol, sexual ads are ok for kids to see we just draw the line at the 23 year old dropping a curse word and saying gang.

4real tho I get the overall point in conducting yourself in certain ways and setting good examples, it’s an important part of life

But some things really not that serious, and Lamelo talking for 30 secs off emotion after a big W falls into that category imo…Kids woulda heard the same or worse 30 times by the time of his post game interview

Back
Top Bottom