The Official NBA Season Thread: Season Starts Now

thread is officially old and geriatric and down right smells like farts and turpentine

6 page discussion on lamelo ball saying the f word on live tv

smoking-duck-fimbong-le-sserafim-smoke-duck-fimbong.gif

I think Lamelo is an authentically hyper immature ridiculous person, and so naturally he heavily identifies with the youth culture of his day.

which in 2024 is a kind of youth atlanta hip hop scene aesthetic.

I don't think it's identity issue, or some type of guise, this is his identity.
he just happens to work in an industry where he can be this way forever. instead of getting a regular 9-5 where you gotta act right.

This is literally all that needs to be said bout Melo. He grew up talking to his teammates in all levels of ball like this, and it continues in the NBA. Like you said, if he had a 9-5 office job im sure his language would change, or atleast “time and place”. Hes in the NBA, hes rich, young, and he has that natural kinda immaturity. Nothing wrong with that, he just doesnt have to “grow up” as fast as other dudes his age. Hes gonna naturally mature, to what extent idk. Im a fan though.

Tre Mann is a baller. But the whole early 2000's aesthetic is forced af. Especially when bro was probably born in 02 or something. But that time is like the 80's to these young guns.

I dead *** thought they were saying "Twin" for their partners only but I see cats saying it to anyone like the cashier.

Man I was getting gas. Some dude hopped off the city bus, tried to approach me and I was like “I’m good dawg” then a he walked off I heard the words “twin” and “I’m not even from here, I’m from Atlanta” I was like yeah, makes sense.

I think he wanted weed or something:lol: :lol:

This is literally all that needs to be said bout Melo. He grew up talking to his teammates in all levels of ball like this, and it continues in the NBA. Like you said, if he had a 9-5 office job im sure his language would change, or atleast “time and place”. Hes in the NBA, hes rich, young, and he has that natural kinda immaturity. Nothing wrong with that, he just doesnt have to “grow up” as fast as other dudes his age. Hes gonna naturally mature, to what extent idk. Im a fan though.

oh don't get me wrong, i think there's def something wrong with the way he's acting.

i just don't think it's evidence of some kind of identity crisis.

School isn't a place for smart people.

I never said school/success in school is directly correlated to intelligence.

However it is linked to discipline and establishing responsibility, work ethic and building life skills. Yes there is a few people who have been very successful with little to no schooling but are they the norm?

We gotta stop pushing the exception to the rule as the status quo. That's the problem, everyone thinks they're special and are the exception.

If you take 100 high school dropouts vs 100 students who graduated high school which group on average would have a better quality of life? Lets be honest and realistic here.

I will let them know how much sh** and piss are on that floor and if that's the life they are aiming to live they should continue doing what they are doing. Or if I was cool enough with the family I would snap and picture and send it to their parents.
Wow you really use language like that around kids? You can’t say urine or feces?

Back
Top Bottom