The Official NBA Season Thread: Season Starts Now

In conclusion. Raise your kids.

It's literally no ones responsibility at the end of the day but the parents. Stop making excuses for your child's behavior and look in the mirror at your incompetence as a parent.

It's not an NBA players job, it's not a rappers job, it's not a streamers job. Time for parents to be parents again and stop giving kids Iphones and Ipads and then looking at everyone else for their seeds degeneracy.

BE A PARENT.

All of those items occurred on that same broadcast Lamelo cursed on but

gambling, alcohol, sexual ads are ok for kids to see we just draw the line at the 23 year old dropping a curse word and saying gang.

Against those things as well man.

The gambling issue is far greater IMO.

We are trying to create modern day crackhead.

Don't like where things are going with this gambling stuff.I already have issues with the lottery (dream selling) but this is more dangerous because of how accessible it has become through our phones.

This sports gambling era that we're in is destroying folks right before our eyes.

But the NBA is?

So the NBA itself is problematic

I can't speak for other kids, but for the ones I'm referring to the message holds a lot more weight coming from an idol (LaMelo, Justin Jefferson, etc) than it does a brand (NFL, MLB, etc)

Last edited:
Fake/straw-man argument that keeps coming up:

“OOOOOMMMGHHH aaaarrrgggh Melo ball cussed on TV…it is worst thing everrrrrr….nnnnoooooo”.

Actual point being made:

“We think there are a number of valid reasons why it would be preferable for very influential pro athletes not to curse during live TV interviews.”

Thanks for your attention.

Fair point.

And a counterpoint to that would be there are reasons why it just isn’t a big deal. I guess it all boils down to your threshold of tolerance for such things.

And I’m not even gonna get into the context of his F bomb being used in a positive light… #twoAmericas

Fair point.

And a counterpoint to that would be there are reasons why it just isn’t a big deal. I guess it all boils down to your threshold of tolerance for such things.

And I’m not even gonna get into the context of his F bomb being used in a positive light… #twoAmericas

Should an issue only be brought up if it's a big deal? I keep hearing you mention it isn't a big deal.

Legit asking.

In conclusion. Raise your kids.

It's literally no ones responsibility at the end of the day but the parents. Stop making excuses for your child's behavior and look in the mirror at your incompetence as a parent.

It's not an NBA players job, it's not a rappers job, it's not a streamers job. Time for parents to be parents again and stop giving kids Iphones and Ipads and then looking at everyone else for their seeds degeneracy.

BE A PARENT.

This is how you’re supposed to post. For now on

IMG_9805.gif

ADVERTISEMENT​

BE A PARENT.

While it’s OBVIOUSLY NOT an NBA players job to be a parent, ROLE MODEL, etc etc (we’ve heard this forever).

There is a certain standard and how to conduct yourself (particularly in media), that IS their job. Or at least there was. It’s the reason they do interviews. They have entire media departments dedicated to this :lol:. And being a “family product”, there’s an expectation.

Of course realistically, things slip on air. Games can get emotional. People flare up. Etc etc. We live in an increasingly dumbed down society, and people just say things, and basketball players cuss in earshot in the areas :lol:. We all get that. Nobody is arguing against that. Nobody is saying Lamelo is bad or something lol.

But just having a standard for an NBA player with media training to at least TRY to be a pro in a postgame interview, and not say *****, for the ***** of it….doesn’t seem like asking for too much, for dudes getting paid hundreds of millions, with influence.

… again, you can’t expect the tik tok/IG generation who speaks with memes and whatnot, to know how to speak. Look at the music they listen too :lol: :lol: :lol:

These kids don’t have a clue about public speaking. Blame the US educational system

Lamelo ain’t any different than the average male or female from his peer group

Some dude called me “twin” one day and I said boy, I ain’t your mfing twin. Gone somewhere with that. I’m 36 years old
Yo this is too funny lmaoo. The YN's at my weekend job at Champs love to call me "twin" and "gang". I just got used to it, but im like where did this slang come from? Im 29 so im right in the middle of washed and still young enough to empathize

Him & Gelo completely changed how they speak :lol: :smh:

Lamelo a MyPlayer in real life. When I saw him taking Hood pics at a Charlotte gas station….as a multi millionaire raised from Chino Hills….i see the identity issues. And hopefully he matures.

It matters. And he gotta do better.
That's just how the suburban youth is right now. Hip Hop culture is so mainstream kids just speak like they from the hood and be from Cypress, ( a suburb of Houston) Its the strangest thing. Gen Z white boys be talking with a blaccent. I be confused af

Situatioj reminds me of a professional situation I know of. I have a co-worker that just lets kids cuss in class because, "It allows for them to be their true selves. " Dude is a 58 year old black man from Indiana that feels telling kids to stop cursing is "policing speech." But he always seems to be one of those folks that has an issue with classroom management.

This low expectations phase on this timeline really got some folks trippin. It's OK to hold folks to a standard.

Back
Top Bottom