**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

da jesus piece NEVER LEFT though, so how did kanye bring it back? especially when it comes to rappers.

NOW IF YOU TALKING ABOUT da public then MAYBE? but rappers..its a HELL NO.

Fam, THAT IS what I'm saying.
Kanye brought the spotlight on the Jesus piece over the last couple of years.
Rappers were off the JP for a while, only a select few were still rocking them (Kanye one of them)
Everyone was on that huge chain **** for a few years.

Then Kanye got extra hot on the charts, the JP was constantly being seen.
Kids and other people started to want them, so companies started making knockoff "Kanye" Jesus pieces to sell to the public (much like those shutter shades)

The Jesus piece was hot again. So the OG dudes who have been on it, brought theirs back out of retirement.

I never said nobody has a Jesus piece before Ye. I said he brought it back to being whats popular to have.

Google "Kanye west style Jesus piece" on google and see how many knockoff sites are selling them with Kanye's name being the selling point.
He resurrected the trend. I don't see why it bothers you so much that Kanye has started (yet another) trend.

Prime just leave it alone fam. Dawg has some screws loose clearly. I mean look what he just said

Meek is signed to rick ross who connects back to biggie :rofl:

Jcole being managed by roc nation :rofl:

LOL WUT?

You right fam :smh: |I
I'ma just let it go.

Last edited:
2002 picture

-meek mill is signed to rick ross, who connects back to biggie

-dream messes with Jay-z, who is Biggie's right hand man

-justin bieber = is a consumer, so there's always exception

-lebron has had a jesus piece da min he got in league, also chills with jay-z

j-cole is under jay-z management

Last edited:
cats up in here so stuck on ye' they couldn't possibly believe that people are doing things because of biggie.

ya forgot da average rappers in 2012 is a 80's babies? that would mean they grew up on jay-z, nas, biggie, wu-tang-clan.

talkin bout ye' brought back da jesus piece...

grin.gif

kanye himself know what time it is.

The thing is he clearly isnt wrong.

Ya'll are arguing that Kanye brought back the Jesus Piece,

the truth is jesus Pieces never went anywhere. My generation (20-30) has always been up on Jesus pieces before Ye, he just showed you pics of dudes wearing there Jesus pieces in the midst of the Jersey era, Nas Never put his away, Jay Didn't, Fab didn't etc etc...

you dudes are talkin about the teenybopper era which is irrelevant because how many 16 yr old cats do you know admiring Jesus pieces. But based off all of the rappers you named personally (They are ALL over 21) none of these dudes got reintroduced to a Jesus Piece because of Kanye. They knew what it was already and it was always hot. Next your gonna tell me he brought back Cuban Links too:lol:

I don't know where the hell you from or what memory lapses your having but when kanye first came out he was dressed like everyone else, LR he started to rock more Bape/ smaller jeans & dudes straight up called it gay. that whole slimming down your outfits fitted jeans didn't take off until Dipset ran with it & made it acceptable for hood dudes. So i'm not gonna even comment on the polo & LV thing because its just wrong.

the truth is jesus Pieces never went anywhere. My generation (20-30) has always been up on Jesus pieces before Ye, he just showed you pics of dudes wearing there Jesus pieces in the midst of the Jersey era, Nas Never put his away, Jay Didn't, Fab didn't etc etc...

you dudes are talkin about the teenybopper era which is irrelevant because how many 16 yr old cats do you know admiring Jesus pieces. But based off all of the rappers you named personally (They are ALL over 21) none of these dudes got reintroduced to a Jesus Piece because of Kanye. They knew what it was already and it was always hot. Next your gonna tell me he brought back Cuban Links too:lol:

I don't know where the hell you from or what memory lapses your having but when kanye first came out he was dressed like everyone else, LR he started to rock more Bape/ smaller jeans & dudes straight up called it gay. that whole slimming down your outfits fitted jeans didn't take off until Dipset ran with it & made it acceptable for hood dudes. So i'm not gonna even comment on the polo & LV thing because its just wrong.

Ya'll old heads always trying to act like just cause a few of ya'll still do some ****, that its still popular.
When did anyone say nobody was wearing Jesus pieces?

Can you sit right where you are and say in the Jersey era, the majority of hip hop were wearing Jesus pieces? Or was Fab and a couple other dudes doing it?

Big brolic crosses were the popular style back then. Chains were more diverse. EVERYONE is rocking a JP now.

And I don't know where you're from, but you obviously haven't been too hip to Kanye West. Dude came out wearing Astro's Jerseys, Polo's, and preppy boy ****.

"From the POLO FLEECE to the JESUS PIECE, I got family in high places like Jesus niece"

That was 2004 fam...

I'm 24 my dude. Kanye was out when I was in high school. High school kids know so much about **** because they ain't got **** else to do but watch rappers. You going to tell me that half of my generation wasn't wearing **** cause Kanye was?

Kanye was dressed like other Rappers duke?

Kanye-West-performing.jpg

kanye-west-college-dropout-lg.jpg

0104_kanye_west_a.jpg

kanye_west.jpg

were ya'll sleeping or some **** in 2003-2005?

You two are sitting here acting like nobody is agreeing with the fact that dudes wore the piece before Ye'. Why are ya'll arguing that **** so hard? Ya'll trying to prove a point that ain't even up for discussion.

And did this fool just say Dipset made slimming down your clothes was popular? Really fam?

Cotdamn. This can't be life.

I'ma post this here, and then I'm going to drop it man.

Ninja, watch closely at 1:27

This is 2004 fam....
Everything I typed a page ago... This video says the same thing...

Last edited:

People here are not saying that Ye brought it back or that it ever left period. It was just never as hot as after Kanye came out with all these variations like the Marakami cartoon, black jesus, iceless, enamel, etc. The goodwood Jesus was because of Kanye.

Last edited:
Ya'll old heads always trying to act like just cause a few of ya'll still do some ****, that its still popular.
Can you sit right where you are and say in the Jersey era, the majority of hip hop were wearing Jesus pieces? Or was Fab and a couple other dudes doing it?
Big brolic crosses were the popular style back then. Chains were more diverse. EVERYONE is rocking a JP now.
And I don't know where you're from, but you obviously haven't been too hip to Kanye West. Dude came out wearing Astro's Jerseys, Polo's, and preppy boy ****.
"From the POLO FLEECE to the JESUS PIECE, I got family in high places like Jesus niece"
That was 2004 fam...
I'm 24 my dude. Kanye was out when I was in high school. High school kids know so much about **** because they ain't got **** else to do but watch rappers. You going to tell me that half of my generation wasn't wearing **** cause Kanye was?

0104_kanye_west_a.jpg

kanye_west.jpg

You two are sitting here acting like nobody is agreeing with the fact that dudes wore the piece before Ye'. Why are ya'll arguing that **** so hard? Ya'll trying to prove a point that ain't even up for discussion.
And did this fool just say Dipset made slimming down your clothes was popular? Really fam?

This is 2004 fam....

[VIDEO]

This is what made people slowly start switching there style **** ain't have nothing to do with ye. He became this big fashion icon inbetween LR- Grad (When he really seperated himself from what rappers wear completely)

Your not gonna sit here and tell me Kanye is the reason people wear polo when I have literally saw atleast one person a day wearing it for the past 10-15 years of my life.

You say EVERY rapper has one now and proceed to name 5 dudes. Kanye is influential but goddamn get off his tip my G. you got ballsauce drippin everywhere[/VIDEO]

That was 2004 fam...

0104_kanye_west_a.jpg

kanye_west.jpg

This is 2004 fam....

[VIDEO]

This is what made people slowly start switching there style **** ain't have nothing to do with ye. He became this big fashion icon inbetween LR- Grad (When he really seperated himself from what rappers wear completely)

Your not gonna sit here and tell me Kanye is the reason people wear polo when I have literally saw atleast one person a day wearing it for the past 10-15 years of my life.

You say EVERY rapper has one now and proceed to name 5 dudes. Kanye is influential but goddamn get off his tip my G. you got ballsauce drippin everywhere[/VIDEO]
[VIDEO]

Ah yes, the typical "You're a kanye **** sucker" reply
It never gets old. You must be Ninjahood's room mate or something.

You're taking this to a whole different place now.

Dawg, have you looked through this thread lately? Or have you just come in here since this "argument" started?
Like, where the **** do you live? Mars?

When the **** did Late Registration come out? 2004.
When did Change Clothes come out? DECEMBER of 2003.

You're not going to sit here and act stupid like you can't count.
Did you not watch the video I posted? Kanye Wears a LV backpack, then other ****** wear that ****?
Kanye rocks Givenchy, now that **** is hot?
Kanye rocks all gold Jewelry, now all gold is hot again? Dudes stop rocking platinum and "BIGG *** CHAINS" and trade them in for smaller gold pieces?

Stop acting stupid. You know what a trend is.

I'm done with you :lol:[/video]

Last edited:
Next thing you know cats are going to post vintage pics of shutter shades from the 70s and say Kanye is not the one primarily responsible for the recent trend.

da jesus piece NEVER LEFT though, so how did kanye bring it back? especially when it comes to rappers.

Rappers were off the JP for a while, only a select few were still rocking them (Kanye one of them)
lol @ a select few.

they were ALREADY at a fever pitch before kanye was even ON.

2002 fat joe

nas_01.jpg

god son era Nas, 2002

2836_Fabolous.jpg

2002 fabolous

568062514_o.jpg

2002 ja rule

(i know your seeing a pattern by now)

clipse.jpg

clipse.jpg

2002 clipse

art_327779_big.jpg

2002-003 noreaga

from LATE 2004 and up is when kanye even wore jesus pieces, and it was his da one with da thrones he designed wit jacob

hq01.jpg

i even remember jay-z making fun of it because it depicted da white jesus.

rookie kanye was riding around like this for a hot minute.

Next thing you know cats are going to post vintage pics of shutter shades from the 70s and say Kanye is not the one primarily responsible for the recent trend.

Nah b, da shades were connected to da rockers who were connected to da labels, now kanye's on a label

lol @ a select few.

they were ALREADY at a fever pitch before kanye was even ON.

2002 fat joe

nas_01.jpg

god son era Nas, 2002

2836_Fabolous.jpg

2002 fabolous

568062514_o.jpg

2002 ja rule

(i know your seeing a pattern by now)

clipse.jpg

clipse.jpg

2002 clipse

art_327779_big.jpg

2002-003 noreaga

from LATE 2004 and up is when kanye even wore jesus pieces, and it was his da one with da thrones he designed wit jacob

hq01.jpg

i even remember jay-z making fun of it because it depicted da white jesus.

rookie kanye was riding around like this for a hot minute.

So, you post a select few rappers?

So tell me Ninja, what rappers have made **** hot the last 5-7 years? Since Kanye obviously hasn't set any trends?

da POINT is, da jesus piece was ON and POPPIN BEFORE kanye, and i posted PICS of it POPPIN just a couple of years before kanye made his presence

felt.so ya just flat out WRONG about that.

SM_NotoriousBig_04.jpg

after this man died those pieces became iconic and never went anywhere.

everything else is irrelevant, i mean c'mon this is da JEWERLY thread, not da celebs rocking gear thread.

Last edited:
Ninja of everyone you posted, name the superstar who can sell out an arena at this very second.
Please don't say Nas..

Ninja is just proving our point........... :rolleyes

nas-pront-set-cross-micro-jesus-piece.jpg

pusha-t-11.jpg

rick-ross-gold-jesus-piece-ap-watch.jpg

fabolous-yellow-gold-jesus-piece-Givenchy-Rottweiler-Shirt-Black-Splashy-Splash-Red-Cafe-4.jpg

Guess fab just started wearing givenchy tees & hermes bracelets outta nowhere huh? :rolleyes

gee i dunno CJ863, i didn't know jesus pieces were synonyms for hermes bracelets and givenchy 
roll.gif

i said JESUS PIECES, everything ELSE is IRRELEVANT.

take that L and put your dunce hat on.

All Ye' style pieces. But I'm guessing they were popularized by biggie posthumous huh?

nas-rose-gold-red-ruby-jesus-piece.jpg

9532e210f4b311e1b2c322000a1e9e1f_7.jpg

OHH your boy juelz in a ye' style jesus
image-2.jpeg

juelz-santana-trae-the-truth-jesus-piece-crown-rolex-slowbucks-shirt.jpg

KILL THAT NOISE

33a03d121e5d11e280cd22000a1e8a90_7.jpg

kanye giving jesus pieces to his artists wasn't even a original idea either..i just scanned this lil excerpt from da jewelry book that came out a few years ago.

da harder you try da lamer you lookin b
roll.gif

Last edited:
33a03d121e5d11e280cd22000a1e8a90_7.jpg

kanye giving jesus pieces to his artists wasn't even a original idea either..i just scanned this lil excerpt from da jewelry book that came out a few years ago.

da harder you try da lamer you lookin b :rofl:

Nice story, but most who wear it don't know that story. So it's clearly not the reason why.

puff-jayE500.jpg

original mold, no explanation needed

jay-z-nas.jpg

original mold, no explaination needed.

how much more wrong you wanna look out here b?

you tell me
wink.gif

Timeout.
What book is that?
Those are definitely Ben's Jesus pieces he posted up a few months ago.

You're not proving anything, just running in circles like you always do when you're wrong. I just posted how many artists with the Ye style Jesus piece? Even your beloved copy cats from da dips were posted. As said previously no one is saying that Ye' rocked the piece first, and no one is discrediting the influence that BIG had with the kufi jesus either. The jesus piece in it's variation today was popularized by Ye' and worn by the majority of rappers today, even the ones that were rocking the kufi jesus because of BIG. And I'm done with it. Dumb *** dude.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom