**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

The Jesus Piece craze the past 10 years are attributed to two people: Fabolous & Kanye West.

Kanye undoubtedly is the reason for the shine the past 4 years. Some vets here and there may say BIG but that's it.

How can you say 10 years when kanye's debut aint even drop 10years ago? And his first album was nuffin but a standard ROC piece

As a part of roc-a-fella records?

You cant say fabolus either cuz he was done wit his "trade it all" set up by his 3rd album.

If thats da case u might as well credit everyone from da early 2000s who wore da kufi piece

Which was univerally loved, and as prior vol. Threads kt went thru its own respective evolution

From morphing from da tito piece to what jacob made.

So... We're going to act like 2003 wasn't damn near 10 years ago?

We're not living in 2012? The END of 2012 at that?

Through the wire wasn't his debut? And that didn't drop in 2003?

You're going to front like Kanye didn't start with the Angel piece? (The same ones dudes are starting to rock now? LAX making them, Ben's making them?)
You're going to act like right after the Angel he didn't cop the Jesus from Jacob? We're really going to act like that wasn't during the College Dropout/Late Registration era?

And that wasn't damn near 10 years ago?

Oh, but we're going to go AAALLLL the way back damn near 20 years ago, and say dudes are rocking the piece now because of Biggie? But the biggest selling rapper of the last 5-6 years has been rocking them non stop and nobody has been influenced by him?

You're trying so hard to prove your point, that you're coming up with **** that YOU even know ain't right fam.

EVERYONE on the ROC had a rock piece.
Kanye had the ROC/Jesus setup...

You think Sean would have been rocking a JP if Kanye ain't give him one? You think he would have made that Tiger joint if Kanye didn't have that Murakami joint?

By the way you talking, we might as well say everyone better pay homage to slick rick if they wearing chains.

You're stuck in the past duke. All the **** you be talking is straight out of a 98 Vibe magazine subscription

Pharrell and Nigo had dudes wearing ridiculous chains back in 05-07. THIS THREAD IS PROOF OF THAT. Go through this thread and previous Jewelry threads and see the transition. Nobody was rocking the JP back then but Kanye.

You going to act like Ye ain't have all of hip hop wearing Ralph Lauren again too right?

Cause dudes weren't wearing polo's with the popped collars and they didn't switch their denim style up?
Kanye starts wearing Louis Vuitton, calling himself the Louis Vuitton Don and dudes ain't act accordingly?
His shoe drops, an every rapper with a little bread didn't try their best to imitate his style wearing them?
Kanye starts wearing black Jesus pieces and all of a sudden everyone wants them. They even get knocked off with wood versions.
Oh then he says **** that, I'ma stick with my gold joints cause you can't fake the funk. And what does everyone do?
MBDTF drops and dudes start rocking wrists full of bracelets? Chanel and Versace chains?
Oh Kanye and Jay Z start talking about Big face Rollies... Now everyone got a big face rollie now huh?
Kanye wears Balenciaga, Givency, etc... And... Whats popular now?

I've been living in the same country, listening to the same music, checking the same type of **** you have for hte last 10 years fam. I know what I've seen.

**** all that stan, **** rider bull **** ol' homophobe boy on the last page was talking. Dawg, I'm proving a point.

And the point is, you're talking that bull ****.

No one (sane) in the past ten years wanted to be/look like Biggie.

Rick Ross, whether he's sane or not is up for debate. Big Sean says he named himself after BIG and says he wears the Jesus as a tribute to him, ironically.

Sean wears that joint because Ye gave him one.
Everyone on that label wears one cause of Ye.

Pusha ain't ever hit hard on JP's and high fashion ****. Dude was always dressed like he came straight out of Richmond/VA beach/ Newport News up until he signed with Kanye.

Don't let these rappers fool you :lol:
Sean was saying that cause he probably respected big, and probably did name himself after him. But he ain't even have the money to cop one by the time Kanye gave him one. He was still pushing "I'm Finally Famous" T shirts trying to get a buzz.

Last edited:
Lol kanye aint start rockin a jesus piece till his second album..u reachin hard duke.

PLENTY people were doing all yellow before kanye too

U just so stuck in ye' world that da thought of anyone being influenced

Besides kanye is unfathomable :lol:

Ja rule was doing da double yellow jesus piece cuban chain combo

Noreaga had a all yellow set up he was rockin nonstop before he signed to da ROC

Nas was doing da yellow Cuban yellow jesus piece chunky bracelet during god son era before kanye

Lol kanye aint start rockin a jesus piece till his second album..u reachin hard duke.

PLENTY people were doing all yellow before kanye too

U just so stuck in ye' world that da thought of anyone being influenced

Besides kanye is unfathomable :lol:

Ja rule was doing da double yellow jesus piece cuban chain combo

Noreaga had a all yellow set up he was rockin nonstop before he signed to da ROC

Nas was doing da yellow Cuban yellow jesus piece chunky bracelet during god son era before kanye

You clearly have a hard time understanding what the difference between doing something first and making something popular is.

Nobody said Kanye was the first.

We said he's the reason people are so crazy about them NOW.

Didn't we already go through and admit that Biggie influenced a generation of rappers to wear them?

Are we not going to act like Kanye is the one who influenced this generation?

Most guys who wear it today because of Kanye. But to say no one wants to be like BIG is a reach. No one wants to be fat and ugly, but they won't mind the other aspects of him.

Most guys who wear it today because of Kanye. But to say no one wants to be like BIG is a reach. No one wants to be fat and ugly, but they won't mind the other aspects of him.

True. And I dig that. Biggie influenced Jay and a ton of other rappers.
I'm not saying Biggie hasn't influenced anyone to be a rapper, or rap a certain style, or to havea certain style.

But Ninja is acting like (as he usually does) if it ain't come from the years 89-02, it ain't legit.

Luda used to have a Jesus piece, but is anyone wearing a JP now because of Ludacris? Nope.

And thats the point I was making.

Nore, Ja, Nas, Puff, etc. These dudes rocked em cause of BIG... Kanye and Jay-Z included. Mase, etc etc. They were influenced by the best that was doing it at that time.

The best doing it right now is arguably Kanye. He rocks them. Everyone follows a trend. Kanye started the trend back up.

That, my good man, is my ultimate point.

but when you argue something with Ninjahood, you argue to the death... Or at least until threads get locked and fools get banned.

So at this point, dude can live in his time machine. It seems like if you argue any point with Kanye as the topic, you're labeled a **** rider or slurping him off or something. Its like you're dealing with a child when you talk to some of these dudes.

High school mentality type dudes.

Last edited:
Kanye's second album dropped 2004

& anyone who's rockin em now BEEN rockin em before kanye

So other then SOME his immediate GOOD music collective

No rapper is doing it cuz of kanye.

Thats what you aint seeing.

Last edited:
Son, they know who Biggie is. They don't know anything about him having the first Jesus piece.
If they wanted to be like Big, do you think the skinny jean phase would have hit as hard as it did?
Come on son.

But I dont think the point is them wanting to be like Biggie its the fact that he's synonymous with the jesus piece. Him & Pac are ICONS in every sense of the word... It ain't like we talkin Rakim or Even Eazy E, we're talking about a rapper who's music is still celebrated every single day, You go into damn near any T-shirt shop in the mall there is a pic of biggie more than likely with a jesus piece. Unless you are currently not a day over 15 there should be no argument for kanye making the jesus piece hot.

For christ sake the man just had a motion picture on his life a couple of years ago, I wasn't alive for mikes prime but i damn sure know certain things are his, Same with the beatles, Madonna, etc etc.... When talking about legends some of them are just too big to not know

It's pretty obvious Kanye resurrected the trend. Before it was only in NY where you would see Jesus pieces. Now you have hood boogers across the nation and little children rocking 'em cause they want to emulate Ye.Ghost was the first with one, but Big made it popular. Matter of fact, BIG saw Diddy's piece, which was smaller, and just had Tito make one 4x larger.

But Ye made it what it is today. Dudes were getting hyped when they saw him with the plastic pieces on SNL. Then when Ben did that little tease blurring out the black and white plastic pieces dudes were getting thirsty for an "affordable" Jesus piece.

So Sean Kingston, Rick Ross, Big Sean, Pusha T, Kid Cudi, Meek Mill, The Dream, Justin Beiber, Dude from World Star Hip Hop, J Cole, Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, and numerous other famous cats from this generation ain't get that **** from Kanye?

And don't let me start with the damn G Shocks....

So when jerseys get hyped up again, you gon' act like these old *** rappers been wearing them?
Nah fam, they going to start doing that **** again cause somebody made it hot again.

Kanye made Jesus Pieces hot again. And whatever bubble you call reality doesn't have to believe that, but the rest of us know what it is.

It's pretty obvious Kanye resurrected the trend. Before it was only in NY where you would see Jesus pieces. Now you have hood boogers across the nation and little children rocking 'em cause they want to emulate Ye.Ghost was the first with one, but Big made it popular. Matter of fact, BIG saw Diddy's piece, which was smaller, and just had Tito make one 4x larger.

But Ye made it what it is today. Dudes were getting hyped when they saw him with the plastic pieces on SNL. Then when Ben did that little tease blurring out the black and white plastic pieces dudes were getting thirsty for an "affordable" Jesus piece.

Thank you Frank...

And thats a dude who OWNS Jesus pieces telling it like it is...

Last edited:
Ok fam i'm a ye fan myself but you are pressing this issue a lil too much

threads and see the transition. Nobody was rocking the JP back then but Kanye.

Most Cats from NY (Hov, Nas, Jada, Fab, Fat Joe were all rocking Jesus pieces around that time how do you think the "Jacob Mold" gained notoriety in the first place.

You going to act like Ye ain't have all of hip hop wearing Ralph Lauren again too right?

what part of the country were you in when people stopped wearing polo at all?

Kanye starts wearing Louis Vuitton, calling himself the Louis Vuitton Don and dudes ain't act accordingly?

Actually not many followed suit when he was screaming that out... In fact Hip hop didnt start whoring out LV until the damier/sprouse lines dropped. And even before that i CLEARLY remember several videos with dudes having all LV cars, Dapper dan type jackets etc etc. LV has been involved in hip hop

So your just going to ignore what Big sean said himself because you feel there's no way he couldnt be inspired by kanye in every way shape and form?

Pusha ain't ever hit hard on JP's and high fashion ****. Dude was always dressed like he came straight out of Richmond/VA beach/ Newport News up until he signed with Kanye.

Pusha has always been on top of trends as far as hip hop goes, from jerseys, to damn helping create the bape trend, to the gucci/LV & now the trends in hiphop have shifted again and he's just followed along

So now we're gonna act like Ye' isn't single handedly one of the biggest trendesetters in hip hop? I guess Pharrell did nothing for trends either huh?

So you mean to tell me all these rappers who our all well into there twenties are buying jesus pieces because of Ye... when many of them are either signed too, trying to be like a Jay-Z, Nas, Or biggie. It doesnt make any sense homie. if you are arguing the chief keef era or something maybe, but all those guys you named Clearly grew up listening to 90's hiphop and are well aware who made the piece hot.

also most of those guys you named didn't start rocking those pieces until recently, not because of kanye but because Jewelers world wide our making jesus pieces that are almost identical to the Jacob mold. Up until Ben baller did his version if you weren't going to jacob himself you were getting a jesus that looked crazy and nothing like the "Iconic" one they saw all their favorite rappers in.

Jesus pieces are seen on more people now because they are distributed by A lot more people now

So now we're gonna act like Ye' isn't single handedly one of the biggest trendesetters in hip hop? I guess Pharrell did nothing for trends either huh?

nobody isn't saying he isnt influential but dude just credited him with making LV, Polo, Jesus Pieces hot. As if those trends weren't ENTRENCHED in hiphop for years before ye rocked with it.

If you think back to '05 the first thing you thought about when asked about a hiphop chain was a "jesus Piece" It is the single most synonymous piece of jewelry in hip hop history. There was never a period where you stopped seeing them so how exactly did he make it hot

Last edited:
Ok fam i'm a ye fan myself but you are pressing this issue a lil too much

threads and see the transition. Nobody was rocking the JP back then but Kanye.

Most Cats from NY (Hov, Nas, Jada, Fab, Fat Joe were all rocking Jesus pieces around that time how do you think the "Jacob Mold" gained notoriety in the first place.

what part of the country were you in when people stopped wearing polo at all?

Actually not many followed suit when he was screaming that out... In fact Hip hop didnt start whoring out LV until the damier/sprouse lines dropped. And even before that i CLEARLY remember several videos with dudes having all LV cars, Dapper dan type jackets etc etc. LV has been involved in hip hop

So your just going to ignore what Big sean said himself because you feel there's no way he couldnt be inspired by kanye in every way shape and form?

Pusha has always been on top of trends as far as hip hop goes, from jerseys, to damn helping create the bape trend, to the gucci/LV & now the trends in hiphop have shifted again and he's just followed along

Bruh, you and Ninja need to sit in the same damn corner.

Was fab wearing JP's 3-4 years ago? Was Nas, Jada, Joe, etc. wearing JP's during the Bape/Platinum chain/BBC Ice Cream era?

Or were they on that trend?

Now, its the year 2012, and Kanye has emerged as one of the biggest rappers next to lil wayne and Hov. He wears a Jesus piece, all over the tabloids in them, music videos, award shows, etc. Wearing Jesus pieces. He's got arguably the hottest label out right now, and dudes are wearing whatever he decides to wake up and wear. And you're trying to tell me he didn't influence these cats to start wearing them AGAIN? Because he didn't start the trend back up?

And since when did the United States account for all of Hip Hop?
Dudes weren't wearing South Pale, Rocawear, Enyce, etc. When Kanye came in wearing a Polo sweater, paper denim, etc.?

And dudes weren't riding the Louis Vuiton shoes by Kanye west?
Trying to wear all red and **** (ahem, Tyga) trying to copy the dudes style?

You're going to ignore the fact that Kanye GAVE him a Jesus piece? Because apparently he went out of his way and bought one himself before hand so he could be like Biggie?
I guess Kanye went and got a Roc peice because Jay-Z influenced him so much as a rapper?

No fool Dame gave him one.

And the last one is TOO easy... You're proving my damn point in your statement. Pusha has always been up on trends right? Right? He's always shifted with whats hot right?

Well who made all of these high fashion house brands hot in the last 2 years?

Please. Try harder.

Its like ya'll are trying so hard to prove me wrong, that you slip up, and prove me right.

I could give 2 ***** that it was Kanye who started these trends. The point I'm making is, someone resurrected the trend.

Point, blank period.

kanye didn't resurrect a jesus piece trend..cuz it never died
roll.gif
how u sound b?

thats like saying wale started da foamposite trend when they were CLEARLY already rockin out in NYC

only sheep and da un-informed think da way prime thinking.

I was on ninjahood's side when he was arguing that This thread is responsible for a lot of mainstream trends in jewelry, but I can't cosign him on this. :lol:

joints were like foamposites.

they BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

rocking in NYC

to say kanye had ANY influence in people rocking jesus pieces out here and they'd laugh you straight outta town.

tumblr_mbkv2bnrdt1rpc1rco1_400.jpg

this is kanye west's first source cover, da jesus piece STILL wasn't in effect yet.

[h3]AllHipHop.com News   [/h3]
[h1]Kanye West Teams With Jacob The Jeweler For New Line[/h1]
by Nolan Strong and Jigsaw April 17th, 2004 @ 1:00pm

1000-3153-18120448-kanyewest1.gif

Kanye West has a passion for Jesus Christ evident

in his song “Jesus Walks” and now the religious figure can symbolically

walk with the producer/rapper at all times.

West and famed Jacob The Jeweler have joined

forces to produce a line of “religious-themed” jewelry, which includes

diamond studded Jesus pendants.

Presently, the pair released a lavish Jesus piece

for potential consumers to view. The gold piece features a crown of diamond-set

thorns on Jesus’ head, two sparkling diamond eyes and red rubies that form

tears flowing from the Savior’s eye.

Diamonds and other gems are sprinkled throughout

Jesus’ hair, beard and face to complete the shiny work of art. [To see

exclusive pictures, click

here.]

West and the jewelry merchant have yet to announce

a name for the line, but such details will be made public in the near future.

In the song “Jesus Walks,” which spawned

the union, West reveals his need for Jesus in his life. “God show me the

way because the devil [is] trying to break me down.”

Jacob Arabo is the jeweler of choice among Hip-Hop

celebrities. Arabo, a Russian immigrant, recently signed a licensing deal with

the NBA for the rights to place the NBA logo and all 29 teams on his famous

Five Time Zone watches.

After founding his company in 1981, Jacob’s

fortunes took off in the mid-1990’s when Faith Evans found his New York-based

store as she was seeking jewelry for her upcoming CD cover.

Later, she returned with her husband, the late

Notorious B.I.G., who became a loyal customer and recommended the jewelers creations

to numerous high profile friends in the entertainment business.

Damb you are insanely stupid ninja :x And to think you really think this way :x

Last edited:
Paying homage and popularizing something are two completely different things.
Ok Big was the first one to wear a Jesus piece. A couple NY rappers followed suit. Cool.
But Kanye in today's climate popularized it like no other.
How don't you get that? Kids today don't know ^%^% about Big, especially these suburban kids.
They know Kanye, Big Sean, and Cudi. You think Big is the reason they're wearing Good Wood pieces?
Stop it.
Michael Jackson didn't invent the moonwalk Bill Bailey did but MJ did it and mainstreamed the ^%&^ out of it.

In case you guys missed it.
These kids aren't trying to be like Big, Fat Joe, Fab or nobody else not named Kanye, Lil Wayne, Chris Brown or Pharrell.
We're talking about TODAYS market. I'd like to know the age of ya'll saying Kanye didn't bring it back.
I'm 23 and I'm telling you what I see on campuses and bars.
You got guys trying to emulate all these dude's style, dying their hair blonde and ^%$#.

So Sean Kingston, Rick Ross, Big Sean, Pusha T, Kid Cudi, Meek Mill, The Dream, Justin Beiber, Dude from World Star Hip Hop, J Cole, Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, and numerous other famous cats from this generation ain't get that **** from Kanye?

So when jerseys get hyped up again, you gon' act like these old *** rappers been wearing them?
Nah fam, they going to start doing that **** again cause somebody made it hot again.

Kanye made Jesus Pieces hot again. And whatever bubble you call reality doesn't have to believe that, but the rest of us know what it is.

Thank you Frank...

-sean kingston just said on ben baller's show he got it from rick ross, and rick ross got it from Biggie

-rick ross got it from big

-big sean

-pusha T

2003 picture

2003 picture

2002 picture

-meek mill is signed to rick ross, who connects back to biggie

-dream messes with Jay-z, who is Biggie's right hand man

-justin bieber = is a consumer, so there's always exception

-lebron has had a jesus piece da min he got in league, also chills with jay-z

j-cole is under jay-z management

Last edited:

Thank you Frank...

-sean kingston just said on ben baller's show he got it from rick ross, and rick ross got it from Biggie

-rick ross got it from big

-big sean

-pusha T

112454675-romeo-and-pusha-t-of-clipse-during-2003-gettyimages.jpg

2003 picture

105146789-pusha-t-from-clipse-pharrell-and-malice-from-gettyimages.jpg

2003 picture

104813719-clipse-pusha-t-malice-during-2002-billboard-gettyimages.jpg

2002 picture

-meek mill is signed to rick ross, who connects back to biggie

-dream messes with Jay-z, who is Biggie's right hand man

-justin bieber = is a consumer, so there's always exception

-lebron has had a jesus piece da min he got in league, also chills with jay-z

j-cole is under jay-z management

You're not getting my point. After I've made it clear what I've been trying to explain.
I can't use anymore references. If someone doesn't get it, then they just don't get it.

You don't think Kanye brought the trend back. So whatever.
A handfull of people are telling you the same thing, and you keep pressing on. Cause you just don't want to admit to what it is.

da jesus piece NEVER LEFT though, so how did kanye bring it back? especially when it comes to rappers.

NOW IF YOU TALKING ABOUT da public then MAYBE? but rappers..its a HELL NO.

Prime just leave it alone fam. Dawg has some screws loose clearly. I mean look what he just said

Meek is signed to rick ross who connects back to biggie :rofl:

Jcole being managed by roc nation :rofl:

LOL WUT?

Typical NH .... wrong but won't admit it....

Nooera can't talk about basketball without spewing out ignorance but has the nads to attempt to comment on fashion.... sit down

Back
Top Bottom