**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Well Damb :lol:

Sorry for that question guys, didn't think it would take take the turn it did.

For me the heart of the question arose when I thought why is ben baller making and selling these micro jesus pieces?(to mainly the general public, right?) And at the end of the day I think its mainly because of Ye. He certainly wasn't the first to wear one but he openly rapped about them more so than other rappers who might have been wearing them before him. I think that combined with his overall popularity has led to the craze that we now see today.

On a lighter note i see ben is opening an online store??

Anyone know when this will be open/official? :nerd:

Well Damb :lol:

Sorry for that question guys, didn't think it would take take the turn it did.

For me the heart of the question arose when I thought why is ben baller making and selling these micro jesus pieces?(to mainly the general public, right?) And at the end of the day I think its mainly because of Ye. He certainly wasn't the first to wear one but he openly rapped about them more so than other rappers who might have been wearing them before him. I think that combined with his overall popularity has led to the craze that we now see today.

On a lighter note i see ben is opening an online store??

Anyone know when this will be open/official? :nerd:

Why are you waiting for an online store? If you want to know prices just holla. If you don't think you can afford ifandco prices, then hit up laxrolex.

^ Would like to see options, prices, etc on my own time so I can browse or plan without asking a million questions and waiting for responses etc..

No real hurry, just intrigued none the less

You gotta wonder what's IF&CO's master plan with this web store. I don't think any of the custom Jewelers have a functioning online store, plus we all know they never advertise their prices :nerd:

I never bothered trying to buy anything because everybody acts like the prices are some some of illuminati conspiracy

super annoying cause I don't wanna hit people up without knowing if ill truly buy

web store was way over do, prices will prolly be slightly inflated on some flight club type $@&?

True. Actually prices are pretty much what I was expecting. I'm actually suprised the full size jesus is 12k, thought it would be higher than that

Ben baller has forever been saying his site will feature an online store, I bet Detox comes out before that happens.

the store is already up....

I'm waiting to see what kinda sale they have next month. he been saying they will have a sale on the some pieces like the micro jesus, but i doubt anything will be under 1k after seein the prices they set for them on the store.

Last edited:
Ben baller has forever been saying his site will feature an online store, I bet Detox comes out before that happens.

the store is already up....

I'm waiting to see what kinda sale they have next month. he been saying they will have a sale on the some pieces like the micro jesus, but i doubt anything will be under 1k after seein the prices they set for them on the store.

Word. Loooks like it was just put up today. Let me take a look.

Ayooooo

Sean paid $22k for the piece and chain? Said total was 465 grams.

you're not supposed to believe prices in videos... come on, you're smarter than that.

So you think he got it for free.99?
no clue.
if he's willing to take "$5,000" off for a twitter blast, how much do you think he took off for providing an episode?

a few years ago it seemed like every celeb and jeweler use to go high with their prices so the celeb looked extra paid.
now it seems the jewelers are trying to give more accurate prices to get more biz now that prices are so high.

Last edited:
True. Actually prices are pretty much what I was expecting. I'm actually suprised the full size jesus is 12k, thought it would be higher than that

Plus 2800 for 14k and no mention of weight of the gold or clarity of the diamonds so actually we still don't know what to expect.

How can you say 10 years when kanye's debut aint even drop 10years ago? And his first album was nuffin but a standard ROC piece
As a part of roc-a-fella records?
You cant say fabolus either cuz he was done wit his "trade it all" set up by his 3rd album.
If thats da case u might as well credit everyone from da early 2000s who wore da kufi piece
Which was univerally loved, and as prior vol. Threads kt went thru its own respective evolution
From morphing from da tito piece to what jacob made.

- I said 10 years because in 2002, after Fab starting getting major money after his platinum debut Ghetto Fabolous, that's when he came out with the double Jesus Piece setup. For the "Trade It All" remix video. It was his daily setup, and everyone was jocking Fab's style (including myself). Not BIG, not Ja, not Fat Joe, not Nas, not Jay, not Loon. He's the reason for the setup's new popularity starting that year.

- Next, Kanye's debut album came out in February of 2004. Right before "All Falls Down" dropped, he revealed the "new" Jesus Piece with the thorns on 106 & Park. I still have that episode on tape. Four months later he performed at his first awards show (BET Awards) and showed off the second Jesus Piece project he created with Jacob, the enamel faces.

- 05/06 Kanye really didn't wear big jewerly, may see the ROC piece here. May see the Jesus once in a while, but he was wearing a very small light setup. During that time Fab was really the only one continuing to wear one of his joints.

- When Graduation dropped in 2007 and the 808s in 2008 that's when the love affair came back up and 'Ye started wearing the Murakami version and the Jacob's regularly. Then it became the official GOOD Music piece, then you saw the next phase in which it started to be worn with beads, and as usual with their relationship and style in recent years, Jay started back up again on the Jesus Piece w/ the beads Ye brought in.

- Ye had fools wearing GoodWood pieces because of another genius idea he came up with in those Wax pieces with Pastelle and Ben that never came out.

Again, I'm speaking from a worldwide perspective. Not NY bias, so to say 'Ye didn't give that item it's re-popularity in recent years is nuts.

When you put prices, it increase s competition and pushes prices down. So now jacob for example gotta rethink of he wants to

Keep charging 22k for exact weight & specs.

Kanye's second album dropped 2004
& anyone who's rockin em now BEEN rockin em before kanye
So other then SOME his immediate GOOD music collective
No rapper is doing it cuz of kanye.
Thats what you aint seeing.

His first album dropped 2004, his second in 2005. He started wearing the setup in 2004 shortly after his first album dropped.

25f77e9e1bc111e2adfe22000a1e8a47_7.jpg

Kanye's second album dropped 2004
& anyone who's rockin em now BEEN rockin em before kanye
So other then SOME his immediate GOOD music collective
No rapper is doing it cuz of kanye.
Thats what you aint seeing.

His first album dropped 2004, his second in 2005. He started wearing the setup in 2004 shortly after his first album dropped.

That was a typo, i meant 04' my bust.

Back
Top Bottom