* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Some cats in the music forum dont know how to fully appreciate music because they don't know how to listen and digest music. Cats on here listen to musicsorta like the same way a music critic would and this is not exclusive to Jay-z albums im talking all artists period, example... some cats when they listen toan album the first time they rush through it so they can be the first to summarize the album.. you'll see a cat rate an album by just the production andlyrics... not acknowledging the theme of the album, not acknowledging the synchronization, the flow of the album and etc there so many key things lost when youjust breeze through an album the first time. Also as with how a music critic views an album the first thing cats do is highlight the negative about the album so the reviews of an album seem sightly skewed because the bad tracks are highlighted more thanthe good tracks. Lastly the thing is see most common with alot of people is how they judge albums there's no longer no in between its either an album isclassic or trash, like an album just cant be "solid" or just can't be "okay". With some albums yes its possible to rate it just off 1or 2 listens based on the album being that good or that bad but still you gotta give time for the music to digest. You know how long it took for some albums tobe appreciated by fans... Reasonable Doubt for exmaple, nobody was even paying attention to that album when it first dropped now thats most fans fav Jay albumand considered a classic.

Shawty get it in
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I've listened to the Album 3 times since I got it.... I give it a 8.5.. There were a few things holding it back...

I'd say his 5th, maybe 6th best album...

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Some cats in the music forum dont know how to fully appreciate music because they don't know how to listen and digest music. Cats on here listen to music sorta like the same way a music critic would and this is not exclusive to Jay-z albums im talking all artists period, example... some cats when they listen to an album the first time they rush through it so they can be the first to summarize the album.. you'll see a cat rate an album by just the production and lyrics... not acknowledging the theme of the album, not acknowledging the synchronization, the flow of the album and etc there so many key things lost when you just breeze through an album the first time. Also as with how a music critic views an album the first thing cats do is highlight the negative about the album so the reviews of an album seem sightly skewed because the bad tracks are highlighted more than the good tracks. Lastly the thing is see most common with alot of people is how they judge albums there's no longer no in between its either an album is classic or trash, like an album just cant be "solid" or just can't be "okay". With some albums yes its possible to rate it just off 1 or 2 listens based on the album being that good or that bad but still you gotta give time for the music to digest. You know how long it took for some albums to be appreciated by fans... Reasonable Doubt for exmaple, nobody was even paying attention to that album when it first dropped now thats most fans fav Jay album and considered a classic.

Exactly what i was thinking.

Sure its not another CLASSIC ALBUM, but it definetely DAMN GOOD.

From my count there are 4 songs that shouldve been left off, otherwise ITS HOT.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Some cats in the music forum dont know how to fully appreciate music because they don't know how to listen and digest music. Cats on here listen to music sorta like the same way a music critic would and this is not exclusive to Jay-z albums im talking all artists period, example... some cats when they listen to an album the first time they rush through it so they can be the first to summarize the album.. you'll see a cat rate an album by just the production and lyrics... not acknowledging the theme of the album, not acknowledging the synchronization, the flow of the album and etc there so many key things lost when you just breeze through an album the first time. Also as with how a music critic views an album the first thing cats do is highlight the negative about the album so the reviews of an album seem sightly skewed because the bad tracks are highlighted more than the good tracks. Lastly the thing is see most common with alot of people is how they judge albums there's no longer no in between its either an album is classic or trash, like an album just cant be "solid" or just can't be "okay". With some albums yes its possible to rate it just off 1 or 2 listens based on the album being that good or that bad but still you gotta give time for the music to digest. You know how long it took for some albums to be appreciated by fans... Reasonable Doubt for exmaple, nobody was even paying attention to that album when it first dropped now thats most fans fav Jay album and considered a classic.
Not saying you're wrong or right, but with the insane amount of music being released these days, how can someone afford to give music several,several listens if it's not catching their attention? I know that I don't have time to listen to an album past one week or so (if it's good &depending on other releases) unless it catches my attention ...

Edit: Rushing through an album just to give a review and pull a "First!" is not cool.

Originally Posted by illfrozn

What is 75% of this album about? Jay being great, what he brought to the game, how he's changed the game, etc. Jay has always talked about himself a lot, but when has it covered the majority of his album? I'm not talking about hustler tales or love stories or just real music, I'm talking about full on bragging and defending himself. I hear him having less to discuss now. I hear him relating to the people less. Jay has created this brand, this character and refuses to show it in any vulnerable light at this moment. That's NOT good for his music. Anyone feel me?
I totally hear what you're getting at.

It was definitely something I peeped as I was listening to the album. Jay was bragging his #@% off more than normal.
laugh.gif

I don't know if it's b/c he's bored (no competition) and maybe he's trying to bait some other rapper into challenging the legitimacy of hisclaims.

Or if it's b/c he's simply feeling himself right now b/c of all the $%%+ he has gone through to get to this point in life....

But either way, he certainly seems to be grabbing his nuts and directing it at his critics.

As far as what NostrandAve68 said about people breezing through an album and then trying to rate it, I agree withhim.

I can't stand to see people say they listened to an album once and then deleted it. How can you judge an album on 1 listen??

I understand what illfrozn said about "if it doesn't catch your ear the first time, how can you expect aperson to keep listening to it the following week"

But honestly (and this happens alot with R&B albums for me), how many of you have listened to an album when you're in a @!+@%% mood or having a bad dayand it just sounds terrible. Then 2 days later, you pump it and you're like
eek.gif

Last album that happened to me with was Weezy, C3.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by illfrozn

What is 75% of this album about? Jay being great, what he brought to the game, how he's changed the game, etc. Jay has always talked about himself a lot, but when has it covered the majority of his album? I'm not talking about hustler tales or love stories or just real music, I'm talking about full on bragging and defending himself. I hear him having less to discuss now. I hear him relating to the people less. Jay has created this brand, this character and refuses to show it in any vulnerable light at this moment. That's NOT good for his music. Anyone feel me?
I totally hear what you're getting at.

It was definitely something I peeped as I was listening to the album. Jay was bragging his #@% off more than normal.
laugh.gif

I don't know if it's b/c he's bored (no competition) and maybe he's trying to bait some other rapper into challenging the legitimacy of his claims.

Or if it's b/c he's simply feeling himself right now b/c of all the $%%+ he has gone through to get to this point in life....

But either way, he certainly seems to be grabbing his nuts and directing it at his critics.

As far as what NostrandAve68 said about people breezing through an album and then trying to rate it, I agree with him.

I can't stand to see people say they listened to an album once and then deleted it. How can you judge an album on 1 listen??

I understand what illfrozn said about "if it doesn't catch your ear the first time, how can you expect a person to keep listening to it the following week"

But honestly (and this happens alot with R&B albums for me), how many of you have listened to an album when you're in a @!+@%% mood or having a bad day and it just sounds terrible. Then 2 days later, you pump it and you're like
eek.gif

Last album that happened to me with was Weezy, C3.
I did that with C3, and wanted to like it, but I just didn't feel it as much as C2.

After listening to this, my fav. tracks are ESOM, On To The Next One, Off That, Haters, and Young Forever. I'd give the cd an 8.5

It's pretty clear that Jay's direction with the album was moving forward and evolving, with some of the songs analyzing how artists are stuck onrepeated fads. "Off That" basically summarizes the theme, which was probably why it was being considered as the lead single.

Songs like "What We Talkin' About," "D.O.A.," "On to the Next One," and "Already Home" show the concept and workpretty well, but Jay never gets a cohesive grip on the idea for it to clearly work and carry the album.

Jay is one artist when he's honest, or gives another artist props (em) the fans run with it and use it like its fact from the Camel's mouth. Yet ignoreeverything else...

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Jay is one artist when he's honest, or gives another artist props (em) the fans run with it and use it like its fact from the Camel's mouth. Yet ignore everything else...
"I told them bout fishscales they want me to fish for them
they want me to catch clean like they cooked up a dish for him
all of this this for them or they have a diss for him
they want me to disappear like it's gonna shift for them
they want me to go away they want me to sit for them
but what they saying is they ain't got $*@* for them
and really the fact is we not in the same bracket
not in the same league don't shot at the same baskets
don't pay the same taxes hang with the same ______
how am i am the way what am I missing
____ I been missing ___ I been gone
the ___ that you just witnessed___ I been on
and as for the credits tell me I don't get it
everybody can tell you how to do it, they never did it
no these ___ is mad oh they called me a camal
I mastered the drought ____ I'm an animal
half man half mammal my sign is a sag
this is just what I plan to do damn don't be mad"-Jay-z "Already Home"

I really want to highlight this part of the verse.
Code:
I felt so inspired by what my teacher saidsaid I'd either be dead or be a reefer headnow sure if thats how adults should speak to kidsespecially when the only thing I did was speak in classI'll teach his *++

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

my favorite track has to be Young Forever.

Mr. Hudson killed it
pimp.gif

This quote is from the concert thread in General:

Originally Posted by FrankReynolds420

Forever Young is addicting. I think it fits Jay, he usually has a few different tracks. And he's getting old and probably realizing it, he wants to be young forever, who doesn't?

I love the double meaning... "Young" Forever ("Young" Hova forever aka Never Change pt 2).

And wanting to remain young forever.

On To The Next One... soooo annoying.
sick.gif
. Constantly repeating the samewords over and over again for 4 minutes is a nightmare, and silly.

Originally Posted by kobe8knaipp

sick.gif
. Constantly repeating the same words over and over again for 4 minutes is a nightmare, and silly.

QFT I can't believe people actually like this song. But then again 95% of NT likes this garbage cd.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by brendanmaguire

Originally Posted by kobe8knaipp

sick.gif
. Constantly repeating the same
words over and over again for 4 minutes is a nightmare, and silly.

QFT I can't believe people actually like this song. But then again 95% of NT likes this garbage cd.
eyes.gif

Exactly... now matter how much i try... I can't call this a good album

why are people coming in this thread multiple times to post how bad the album sucks....
laugh.gif

some people like it
some people hate it

the end

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

why are people coming in this thread multiple times to post how bad the album sucks....
laugh.gif

some people like it
some people hate it

the end
for someone like jay-z da "king of hiphop"
eyes.gif
thatsterrible.

da jadakiss album is betta then this.

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

laugh.gif

some people like it
some people hate it

the end
NO! Im gonna make you hate it GAWD DAMN IT!
mad.gif

laugh.gif

LMAO, DAmn!

I really want Dame and Jay to get back in business...guess that aint happenin...Captain LOLLOLOLOLOL

Back
Top Bottom