Thank You
Empire State Of Mind
Real As It Gets
On To The Next One
A Star Is Born
Venus Vs. Mars
Already Home
So Ambitious

I was listening to Young Forever and I like it a lot. That's huge to me since the original song is one of my FAVORITE songs ever. But I got goosebumps orsomething while listening to it and looking at the last couple pics that Cashmere posted. Kinda powerful when that song, original or not, and those picturesare put together.

Thanks for that Cashmere.

cashmere i like how your pics you threw in ya lil clothin line placement

smart man

BP3 album grew on me btw, thats not sayin much but its better than first listen.

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Originally Posted by retr0sxual

Am I the only one who thinks that ESOM isn't that good?

Yes you are the ONLY one.

No, he isn't.

Track is overrated IMO, even though its the best track on the album.

The beat & hook out shines anything Jay spits on the track.

Originally Posted by Mathilda Lando

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Originally Posted by retr0sxual

Am I the only one who thinks that ESOM isn't that good?

Yes you are the ONLY one.

No, he isn't.

Track is overrated IMO, even though its the best track on the album.

The beat & hook out shines anything Jay spits on the track.

Agree I thought it was gonna Mind Blowing It's just ok to me.

jthagreat wrote:
I just feel like this album lacks cohesiveness and was just pulled together (especially considering three of the tracks weren't really for this album originally) ...
but would you have thought that without being told that? i would think you wouldnt. (word to Nas and em gettin him on renegade, but thats another thread)

Yes. Run This Town seemed like a Rihanna track, but after listening to it a million times and seeing the video, I can now see it as a Jay track but with heavy,heavy features. After several listens, Real As It Gets still comes across as a Jeezy track. It's not a bad track, but it could fit on a Jeezy album morethan it could fit on a Jay album. Hell, that's why it was Jeezy's first single. If this track was released without knowing it was for BP3, cats wouldbe talking about how ill TM103 was going to be, NOT BP3. Just take out the BP3 shout out from Jeezy.
laugh.gif

Hate sounds JUST like a Kanye track/bonus track for 808's. I like the track a lot, yet something in the track makes me sometimes hate it at the same time.Overall, I don't see how it fits. Then again, 75% of this album is Jay talking about how great he is. What tracks on the album do you hear and think"Damn, this is Jay %$#*. NO ONE ELSE could do it this ill BUT him"? I hear some, but not many. Throw in Venus vs Mars because like I said before, itsounds like an LL track ...

Renegade was so ill and just fit. Maybe I say that because I love the album, but even on first listen, I loved that song.

It's already been stated that Run This Town was suppose to be Rhianna's song til Jay jacked it, just like how he jacked As Real As It Gets & Hate.A true American Gangster

I;ll probably end up saying this at least 1000 times before I retire from the music forum in 2097, but this album just proves how versatile Jay really is.While no one can please everyone all the way, Jay usually delivers something for everybody, at least in some part. Some of ya'll hate the songs I LOVE onthat album. Para ejemplo, Venus Vs. Mars and Hate are DEFINITELY two of my favorite songs from Jay's whole catalog already. And I don't really care forsome of the stuff that others have gobbled up (like Forever Young, meh...). Jay's ability to moderately please everyone is remarkable. Just like with thefirst Blueprint, we'll probably never have a consensus on what the best and worst songs are. I'm just reading through this thread going, "Really?Really? REALLY?" at all the mixed reviews.

Got it a lil late but whatever
laugh.gif

Bout to give it a listen right now...

I'll tell you what i think after the full listen

24qs39h.jpg

2l9md07.jpg

Originally Posted by illfrozn

jthagreat wrote:
I just feel like this album lacks cohesiveness and was just pulled together (especially considering three of the tracks weren't really for this album originally) ...
but would you have thought that without being told that? i would think you wouldnt. (word to Nas and em gettin him on renegade, but thats another thread)

Yes. Run This Town seemed like a Rihanna track, but after listening to it a million times and seeing the video, I can now see it as a Jay track but with heavy, heavy features. After several listens, Real As It Gets still comes across as a Jeezy track. It's not a bad track, but it could fit on a Jeezy album more than it could fit on a Jay album. Hell, that's why it was Jeezy's first single. If this track was released without knowing it was for BP3, cats would be talking about how ill TM103 was going to be, NOT BP3. Just take out the BP3 shout out from Jeezy.
laugh.gif

Hate sounds JUST like a Kanye track/bonus track for 808's. I like the track a lot, yet something in the track makes me sometimes hate it at the same time. Overall, I don't see how it fits. Then again, 75% of this album is Jay talking about how great he is. What tracks on the album do you hear and think "Damn, this is Jay %$#*. NO ONE ELSE could do it this ill BUT him"? I hear some, but not many. Throw in Venus vs Mars because like I said before, it sounds like an LL track ...

Renegade was so ill and just fit. Maybe I say that because I love the album, but even on first listen, I loved that song.

He made a Blueprint, fammo. It's supposed to be as diverse as tomorrow. I agree with your first paragraph. Thosesongs sound heavily influenced. But he's Jay-Z. He's had so many different flows
Spoiler [+]
this one's for this song, next one I switch up, this one will get bit up
that it's getting harder to label him now. He doesn't have that ONE type of sound, like cats like DMX. Ya feel me? I think only he could havepulled of ESOM though.

Hate is crazy dope. Kanye jumped that !+$% off ALL THE WAY propper and Jay raped that track.
I WAS NOT ready for
King like TI but in the Chi...LARRY.
eek.gif

Hoover? Hova... both are, American Gangsters.
You chose who's, colder..
pimp.gif

Rappers get nasty in the booth but I'm gross
I can't even stomach myself, ulcer
sick.gif

Hore realer cause I'm closer
Had girlies in girdles weighing more than they supposed'ta
smh.gif

Poser? Noi sir... My hustle? So Russle
I stretch work, YOGA!
smh.gif
smh.gif