20ij86r.jpg

Then i listened to:

Empire Sate of Mind
A Star is Born
Young Forever
Reminder
Hate
On To the Next One
Off That (For once i liked listening to Drake... Hes usually whack to me)

Then i was like

285tsi.gif

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by sonunox34

A Star is Born's claps are MAD annoying
indifferent.gif
especially during Jay's verses...

Why do people find the littlest things to complain about?
The claps are probably the most noticeable part of that beat.... "clap for 'em"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Venus Vs. Mars and Hate are DEFINITELY two of my favorite songs from Jay's whole catalog already.

son that statement already smells like a someone is either in denial that this album is mediocre or u just pushin a agenda..cuz my man said "wholecatalog"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

this is a weak jay-z album...i gave it 2 spins, and after that it was on to da only built for cuban linx II and that hasn't gotten off repeat.

replay value is terrible....jay-z forcin his cool and accomplishments didn't go over well wit me on blueprint 2 when he was absorbin that L nas gave him

and its not doin nuffin for me now.

i guess jay-z will always make a meh album after a great album like american gangster.

Da Future Nike Rep wrote:
It sounds like something that Kanye would have dropped if an album entitled "Graduation 2" was to drop but only with verses from Jay-Z.

Haha yeah cause Kanye basically dropped off a CD full of a beats to Jay Z

Originally Posted by REALTALKAZ

explanain to me that kanye line ...about in the chi ..larry...? thanks

I don't know if I can speak on it on NT but wikipedia Larry Hoover & that will tell you everything you need to know.

Im really not feeling this album at all...
and I actually opened up and gave it a chance.
I mean Heat is so un Jay like. So is As Real as it Gets.

"Where my westside at? Throw your W's up"????
Never thought I hear that come out of Jay's mouth.
laugh.gif

"Now I can give a fidda fidda fidda what you used to say" huh?
eyes.gif

No Guru
smh.gif
. No Just Blaze
smh.gif
. No over the head rhymes that will take you atleast 2 weeks to breakdown.
smh.gif

But I will still rate it a 6.5/10 for now...... (must I remind you this is based off of Jay's standards)
I hope this is not Jays last album.
smh.gif

I'll give it a good 2 weeks then its out of rotation.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

good music is always appreciated.
grin.gif
I feel that. __s be acting like rappers are sports teams. You ain't gotta pick one __ and ride out on that one sound all the time.
Hear, hear...

also this %+* is SO CORNY

Made the rolling stones seem sweet as coolaid 2,
96, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 2001 and beyond,
02, 03, 04, 05, 06 and 7, 08, 09
indifferent.gif
just saying years... ugh... come on dude

laugh.gif

For real, I thought that was lazy rapping too. But STR1NGER makes a great point:

Originally Posted by STR1NGER

Nothing hits harder than facts, and cockily saying how he's had huge releases all of those consecutive years is doing the damn thing. He's not "just saying years"... smh. When you can be that simple and say so much, that's when you ARE doing it. I guess some people don't get it..

And yeah, I love Hate.
pimp.gif

blog_russell_simmons_yoga_25.jpg

roker.bmp

Originally Posted by SHUGES

also this %+* is SO CORNY

Made the rolling stones seem sweet as coolaid 2,
96, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 2001 and beyond,
02, 03, 04, 05, 06 and 7, 08, 09
indifferent.gif
just saying years... ugh... come on dude
laugh.gif

For real, I thought that was lazy rapping too. But STR1NGER makes a great point:

Originally Posted by STR1NGER

Nothing hits harder than facts, and cockily is saying how he's had huge releases all of those consecutive years doing the damn thing. He's not "just saying years"... smh. When you can be that simple and say so much, that's when you ARE doing it. I guess some people don't get it..

And that might be cool if it were true. But until Vol. 3 he really didn't have a huge release andwasn't doing it. Duke was bitter his first couple of years since he wasnt getting booked for shows or gettingspins or even getting the love he deserved from his hometown. That's why I dont fault him for some of his actions.

I can't get into this album at all.

I absolutely hate the production for the most part and Jay's flow is KC-esque.

More like KC2 than BP3 IMO.

Hater would be a lot better without the "hhaaaaateee-eeeer" being looped.

"His flow on Renegade, *$+###% awwwsome"

roll.gif

It's cool to see the different opinions but I think album is at least a 4/5...maybe even higher. Only problem for me is a few of the beats are justatrocious

It's kinda apropos for this to be the Blueprint 3, because in terms of ranking the Blueprint albums #3 is where I'd rank it...

With that said, still not a bad album. NY'ers are loving their new theme song Empire State of Mind...(not a NY'er)..and he's got some differentmaterial on this album. But then again, I'm sure there was a different mindset this time around given it's been about 6 or 7 years since BP 2 came out.

Overall, it's decent...worth listening to since it's Jay, but nothing extraordinary to me.

Originally Posted by Mathilda Lando

I can't get into this album at all.

I absolutely hate the production for the most part and Jay's flow is KC-esque.

More like KC2 than BP3 IMO.

Hater would be a lot better without the "hhaaaaateee-eeeer" being looped.

"His flow on Renegade, *$+###% awwwsome"

roll.gif
Im suprised Jay even metioned Renegade or Russell Simmons and yoga classes
after Ether.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by illfrozn

jthagreat wrote:
I just feel like this album lacks cohesiveness and was just pulled together (especially considering three of the tracks weren't really for this album originally) ...
but would you have thought that without being told that? i would think you wouldnt. (word to Nas and em gettin him on renegade, but thats another thread)

Yes. Run This Town seemed like a Rihanna track, but after listening to it a million times and seeing the video, I can now see it as a Jay track but with heavy, heavy features. After several listens, Real As It Gets still comes across as a Jeezy track. It's not a bad track, but it could fit on a Jeezy album more than it could fit on a Jay album. Hell, that's why it was Jeezy's first single. If this track was released without knowing it was for BP3, cats would be talking about how ill TM103 was going to be, NOT BP3. Just take out the BP3 shout out from Jeezy.
laugh.gif

Hate sounds JUST like a Kanye track/bonus track for 808's. I like the track a lot, yet something in the track makes me sometimes hate it at the same time. Overall, I don't see how it fits. Then again, 75% of this album is Jay talking about how great he is. What tracks on the album do you hear and think "Damn, this is Jay %$#*. NO ONE ELSE could do it this ill BUT him"? I hear some, but not many. Throw in Venus vs Mars because like I said before, it sounds like an LL track ...

Renegade was so ill and just fit. Maybe I say that because I love the album, but even on first listen, I loved that song.

He made a Blueprint, fammo. It's supposed to be as diverse as tomorrow. I agree with your first paragraph. Those songs sound heavily influenced. But he's Jay-Z. He's had so many different flows
Spoiler [+]
this one's for this song, next one I switch up, this one will get bit up
that it's getting harder to label him now. He doesn't have that ONE type of sound, like cats like DMX. Ya feel me? I think only he could have pulled of ESOM though.

Blueprint 1 was cohesive, not overly diverse (like this album). Blueprint 2 was less cohesive, but I think it's very hard to keep cohesivenesswhen you have a double-disc -- you don't want it to get boring or repetitive. One CD and it could've been very cohesive. Yes, Jay may be trying tocreate a new Blueprint with this futuristic sound and more diversity (less cohesion). Yes, it's harder to label him as a specific type of rapper, butthat's been the way for years. TBA was mostly something we had never heard before. BP1, most people had heard before, but the sounds and the cohesivenesswere new. BP2, updated sound from BP1 but sprinkled in some extra stuff (rock, reggae, etc.). AG, we knew that was a throwback sound. He's moved from underthe same league, label, and level as other rappers, but I think Jay is starting to pigeon hole HIMSELF ...

What is 75% of this album about? Jay being great, what he brought to the game, how he's changed the game, etc. Jay has always talked about himself a lot,but when has it covered the majority of his album? I'm not talking about hustler tales or love stories or just real music, I'm talking about full onbragging and defending himself. I hear him having less to discuss now. I hear him relating to the people less. Jay has created this brand, this character andrefuses to show it in any vulnerable light at this moment. That's NOT good for his music. Anyone feel me?

Back
Top Bottom