The Official FLASH FORWARD Season 1 Thread - Premieres 9/24, 8 ET on ABC - Vol. What Did You See?

2nd episode was
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Streaming tonights episode right now......
Ol' girl didn't see anything because she dies, so will the same officially happen twice.
Penny is gonna hook up with dude smh

Edit: Nice ending. So she read a debriefing about him being murder, I didn't fully catch what she said.
Can't wait to find out what exactly Charlie saw.

Thought it was great again. No second week letdown for me (unlike Community). Didn't see any Lost references this week...anybody else?

Damn abc about to hook me on to another show...first lost now this...

Show is good so far though...really makes you think

I missed the first 15 min of the 2nd ep everything else seemed good.

Did the security chick who also saw nothing in her FF die when dude shot her? It looked like he shot her in the arm, I didn't catch the aftermath.

laugh.gif
@ D. Gibbons being a man. I knew they weren't about to make that chick from Mad TV a regular on the show.

I'm liking the show but I aint feeling these actors yet. Homey from Harold & Kumar, every time I see Penny I'm waiting for Des to come through andbeat the cop up.

So yea what was this connection with LOST and this show? and Fringe too?

Originally Posted by Master Zik

laugh.gif
@ D. Gibbons being a man. I knew they weren't about to make that chick from Mad TV a regular on the show.

i was hopin she would be.. chick is hilarious even when shes tryna be serious
laugh.gif

just finished watchin last night's episode..cant wait til next week
pimp.gif

Craftsy, he said, 'He who forsees calamities suffers them twice over'
Thanks man... #!% does this mean though?
laugh.gif
A google searchshows it's a quote by Beilby Porteous.

Beilby Porteus or Porteous (May 8, 1731 - May 13, 1809), successively Bishop of Chester and of London was an Anglican reformer and leading abolitionist in England. He was the first Anglican in a position of authority to seriously challenge the Church's position on slavery.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beilby_Porteus

Something the church is doing?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Craftsy, he said, 'He who forsees calamities suffers them twice over'
Thanks man... #!% does this mean though?
laugh.gif
A google search shows it's a quote by Beilby Porteous.

Beilby Porteus or Porteous (May 8, 1731 - May 13, 1809), successively Bishop of Chester and of London was an Anglican reformer and leading abolitionist in England. He was the first Anglican in a position of authority to seriously challenge the Church's position on slavery.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beilby_Porteus

Something the church is doing?
nerd.gif

I interpret it as a person who sees something bad in the future suffers twice as much because they then worry about it happening. Had they not known it wouldhappen they would only suffer once when it actually happens. Kinda like the main cop is suffering because he thinks his wife is going to cheat. Not only it ismessing with his mind, but it's going to blow him when it does happen.

^Basically. I thought that quote was pretty clear cut.

You seeing some bad *!@% in the future and then knowing it's coming, knowing you can't(or eventually realizing) do anything to stop it from happeningis worse than something bad happening to you and you not seeing it coming.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

yea she died VERY soon after
laugh.gif

im more then happy D gibbons wasnt ms.cupcakes

this show is
pimp.gif

btw D Gibbons ist the cupcake lady? I thought they traced her cell phone calls, then the girl said D gibbons is a bad man, which got me confused

Just caught last night's episode and man I'm hooked on this show. I think I might read the book after I finish The Lost Symbol.

You seeing some bad *!@% in the future and then knowing it's coming, knowing you can't(or eventually realizing) do anything to stop it from happening is worse than something bad happening to you and you not seeing it coming.
Yeah I mean I get the literal interpretation of it. But why use a famous quote from 200 years ago when you could word it a thousand differentways... seems like it probably has some deeper meaning to it. I could be wrong, but hey it's fun trying to read into this stuff too.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

this show is
pimp.gif

btw D Gibbons ist the cupcake lady? I thought they traced her cell phone calls, then the girl said D gibbons is a bad man, which got me confused

Cupcake lady is a D. Gibbons, but not THE D. Gibbons little Charlie refers to as a bad man. Who knows, maybe someone used her phone? You can't go wrongwith the formula of revealing little details in each episode...

Popquiz ~ Demetri Noh (Harold) receives a phonecall from a mysterious lady regarding his murder... Can anyone name the city where she was calling from?

You seeing some bad *!@% in the future and then knowing it's coming, knowing you can't(or eventually realizing) do anything to stop it from happening is worse than something bad happening to you and you not seeing it coming.
Yeah I mean I get the literal interpretation of it. But why use a famous quote from 200 years ago when you could word it a thousand different ways... seems like it probably has some deeper meaning to it. I could be wrong, but hey it's fun trying to read into this stuff too.
The antagonist is probably trying to be God so he wants to sound all high and mighty. I don't think there will be much behind that quote.Although, I wish there would. I love littler underlying riddles as such.

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

Didn't see any Lost references this week...anybody else?

I could have SWORN I heard one of the characters ask "Is he/she lost?". But I just skimmed through the last ep and couldn't find that part....Does anyone else remember hearing that??

did the lady say harold is going to be murdered on march 15th?? ides of march? shakesphere? caesar? hahahaha

Yeah I mean I get the literal interpretation of it. But why use a famous quote from 200 years ago when you could word it a thousand different ways... seems like it probably has some deeper meaning to it. I could be wrong, but hey it's fun trying to read into this stuff too.
It's the whole occult angle of Suspect Zero and who ever else didn't FF and the ppl that know why the whole world FF.

this is show is settin' up something serious. makes me wonder how it'll last more than a season though. i mean once that april 29th 10 comes, thenwhat? Next season? Either way, im hooked.

Good job burning that bracelet and only drinking ginger ale.

Back
Top Bottom