THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Just to add to the rumor mill...

My buddy, who works at Nike, told me that Nike (supposedly) will release Air Maxes on a weekly basis starting either next week or the week after.  All leading up to their newest Air Max, the VaporMax, which drops on March 26.

Take it however you want.  Even he doesn't know for sure what's happening.

I can definitely see them dropping a new release every week in March.

I hear ya - I actually dug the jade colorway, somewhat reminded me of patta cords which are an all time favorite. But I'll agree on berrys, yes they have the new shape but that colorway is not for me (personally). Not going to buy a pair just because the shape is somewhat fixed..... But I will def be scoopin OGs because, well simple does it for me...that.s what I'm most excited for is IDs. Making some OG Oranges have always been something I've wanted in my collection. 
im only biting if the outsole is split as the OGs are.  they can offer 1000 colors and materials, if the outsole aint split, im out. i know its silly, but that solid sole just ruins it for me.  if there going to do it, do it right. again, im not hopeful they will.

however,  i recently read somewhere they they avoid these details as to deter users from making mock ups of iconic colorways to resell.  i think that happened with a chlorophyll option if im not mistaken.  
I can definitely see them dropping a new release every week in March.
i too could see this happening since they did it with the dunk sb box series; 2 weeks apart. 

LOL look at us....assuming a shape of a toebox of a shoe based off some ridiculous angle. I am just going to stick with my "assumption" and say they are identical to pinnacles and berrys and that it is what it is...a funky angle of the shoe

Maybe I should sketch some lines into the picture to make this crazy discussion look even more insane?

And don't get me started about the shade of red!

Last edited:
however,  i recently read somewhere they they avoid these details as to deter users from making mock ups of iconic colorways to resell.  i think that happened with a chlorophyll option if im not mistaken.  

They had the purple denim, grey suede and white mesh as option some years ago, so ppl (myself included) started made there own patta.But obviously they didn't had the same shape, mini swosh and label.So I doubt anyone would resell them.

you could make the Kanye clots a few yrs back exactly how clot released them and I think that was a deal breaker for iD if I remember correctly.

Nike gods we need that tongue piping to make a return on these

If they are giving us the correct shape, and OG Box, I would put good money down that the tongue is correct too! I was already excited, and the box just made me anxious!

I agree, you can't see the toebox.But if you zoom in you get an idea.

And here a quick comparison good shape / bad shape as you all allready have seen countless times.

Its just the way the pixels are blurred and blended in with the carpet. No way that the toe box was spot on with the pinnacles, and not with these. I could be wrong, but I dont think that would happen. They made a major change to the shoe, no way we get a square toe box like the trash between 09 and 2016

exactly.  its a banana hammock garbage version but i do own, and would buy another.  personally the supposed new shape doesnt make or break my decision on the OG color blocked ish.  hence, me not buying any of the pinnacles.  the shape isnt enough for me to want those boring sneakers.  likewise, the berries are awful in color execution so again, shape does not influence me as much as getting the right colors together + [decent] shape.

I do agree that shape alone will not sell ugly or bland colorways, just like some of the ugly pre 2009 colorways that nobody will pay for to this day. (Had the pinnacles been the close to the original retail, say 100 bucks, they wouldve sold better). But for people like me, who just couldnt bear with the 09-16 version, the new shape was needed for me to start buying AM 1s again. When Nike designs a sneaker and people love that sneaker, you dont mess with the original design of that sneaker when you retro it. You can make different shoes from it, but when retroing the original pair, you make it as people loved it.

Last edited:
if this really is a leaked pic or unofficial preview then it's an auto cop for me.

Last edited:
Just got my jades in today 
nthat.gif

Can't wait for the OG reds and blues!  I still remember the very day my '09 sport reds were stolen.. Went to my girl's place back in high school and took my shoes off before stepping inside.  I made the mistake of leaving them outside with all the other shoes in front of the house and went home in socks that night..
indifferent.gif
  I've been waiting a very long time for the reds again 
laugh.gif

I'm currently watching a pair of WP/Wheat AM1s from last Winter's release and another pair of Atmos Safaris from AMD16, but I'll wait and see what AMD17 has to offer first... :nerd:

I definitely have my eye on the OG Reds and iD... :smokin

Just got my jades in today 
nthat.gif

Can't wait for the OG reds and blues!  I still remember the very day my '09 sport reds were stolen.. Went to my girl's place back in high school and took my shoes off before stepping inside.  I made the mistake of leaving them outside with all the other shoes in front of the house and went home in socks that night..
indifferent.gif
  I've been waiting a very long time for the reds again 
laugh.gif

if you or your girl's circle of friends doing dirt like that, you and your girl need a new circle of friends.  
I'm currently watching a pair of WP/Wheat AM1s from last Winter's release and another pair of Atmos Safaris from AMD16, but I'll wait and see what AMD17 has to offer first...
nerd.gif

I definitely have my eye on the OG Reds and iD...
smokin.gif
what size are you? 

Last edited:
anyone else find it odd that we've yet to see an actual pic of the atmos elephants that are re-releasing for am day?

pics of the safaris were around earlier than this point last yr if I remember correctly.

anyone else find it odd that we've yet to see an actual pic of the atmos elephants that are re-releasing for am day?

pics of the safaris were around earlier than this point last yr if I remember correctly.
They gettin that good ole hype machine ready

if you or your girl's circle of friends doing dirt like that, you and your girl need a new circle of friends.  

Def wasn't any friend because no one else was over. Anyone in the neighborhood could've easily walked up and snatched em..

Lesson learned here: don't leave any shoes outside like that

I might be wrong but I don't think Safaris were marketed/announced as an AMD release while the elephants clearly are.
Also the Safaris became available on different dates in March, not especially on 03.26. Correct me if I'm wrong.

^nah you're right. They weren't an am day exclusive drop but figured the "bring back" campaigned was tied with those as well but I guess it came after the fact(the voting/bring back bs)so we'll just have to wait and see it seems.

Back
Top Bottom