THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

them cyber monday looking joints are tough but show was da OG cw asapap!!!!!

The midsole does look huge and causes the air bag to look small but overall the new shape and design is a huge improvement. Really happy I held off on my Bespokes. Definitely won't be buying any AM1's until the new shape comes out. Hoping for OG Red and OG Blue on Air Max Day.

I have more pics but can't show yet, sorry! Maybe soon - little more color in them but none with mesh toebox yet

Not sure on where they're made yet

That midsole still looks like the one currently used on China pairs though.
just the wrapping of the mudguard, not even the mudguard.  it starts in china where they take what is an already decent shape, and put it in a dye thats shaped like a banana.  in some locations its more of a hook shape.  as they mold it in this crescent trapezoid, they prepare the milk jug like material for their "premium" leather to be assembled, and adhered to the midsole with finger lick saliva and the glue with the strength of that we find on the back of stamps.  once this is all together, they delicately put them in the recycled toilet tissue paper and boxed them up.  

then its to thailand where they actually get paid a whopping 7 cents on the dollar (as opposed to 3 cents in china) so they do a better job with the wrapping of the mudguard to the toebox.  thats all they do and nothing else.  its shipped back and then distributed.  why do you think it takes 5 weeks to make WLG IDs that have 2.5 options to choose from.  after cost over "overhead," 130 bucks later, they arrive at your door.  nike live on...  

Last edited:
I swear some of y'all will never be happy. I feel like I could take a Greystone, put a 2015 size tag on it, and y'all would say it sucks.

I'm not saying it's perfect but I don't want to say if you can't admit the shape, mudguard, and swoosh all look much better.

I swear some of y'all will never be happy. I feel like I could take a Greystone, put a 2015 size tag on it, and y'all would say it sucks.

I'm not saying it's perfect but I don't want to say if you can't admit the shape, mudguard, and swoosh all look much better.
maybe its just generational differences.  i cant speak for @Modus47  but im an old dude.  prob past the prime of rocking with sneakers, but when you seen the good ol days, its hard to swallow this pill.  you youngsters and your flyknit ultras, myspace, razor scooters and glue sniffing in brown paper bags. 

Watching the rose bowl

The entire usc cheerleading squad is wearing those pinkish joints with the yellow swoosh right now

Last edited:

maybe its just generational differences.  i cant speak for @Modus47  but im an old dude.  prob past the prime of rocking with sneakers, but when you seen the good ol days, its hard to swallow this pill.  you youngsters and your flyknit ultras, myspace, razor scooters and glue sniffing in brown paper bags. 
Youngster? ***** I'm 38. foh with that ish. It's not a generational thing, it's a some people are never happy thing.

Youngster? ***** I'm 38. foh with that ish. It's not a generational thing, it's a some people are never happy thing.
people are just expressing themselves.  just as you are satisfied with the new direction of this silhouette, others are dissatisfied.  just as you are entitled to express your satisfaction, others are entitled to express their dissatisfaction.  look at it like this, if everything was copacetic with the shape of the previous iteration, do you think this change wouldve been made?  i mean im not saying the few of us grumps caused this ripple effect, thus dawning us with 2017 shaped am1, but someone out there heard someone.  how many times we been through this?  as far as ive seen the short period of time, safaris, FK ultra, and now this.  some of us hate, others are ambivalent, and yet some are gassing it up.  its whatever, its NT. 

Last edited:
This. :lol: at dude saying it's a generational thing. I get that people can express themselves however they want but people are super grumpy in this thread compared to some of the other AM threads I go to lol

people are just expressing themselves.  just as you are satisfied with the new direction of this silhouette, others are dissatisfied.  just as you are entitled to express your satisfaction, others are entitled to express their dissatisfaction.  look at it like this, if everything was copacetic with the shape of the previous iteration, do you think this change wouldve been made?  i mean im not saying the few of us grumps caused this ripple effect, thus dawning us with 2017 shaped am1, but someone out there heard someone.  how many times we been through this?  as far as ive seen the short period of time, safaris, FK ultra, and now this.  some of us hate, others are ambivalent, and yet some are gassing it up.  its whatever, its NT. 
Like I said, I'm not saying it's perfect. It looks good and is much much better than what we've been getting though. I don't see how someone can argue othewise.

Back
Top Bottom