THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

returning shoes is not abusing their system, me as a Nike customer have the right to return Nike products
if i am not satisfied with them, whether i return 1 pair or 10 pairs it makes no difference to me
As long as you follow their guidelines then sure but if you aren't than tough luck

Last edited:
I made a black upper with grey midsole. I'll post pics in 17 months when they get here.
17 months ??!!! lmfao are they shipped from a different universe or something like that
roll.gif

Or stop going out of your way to cost them money? Idk that seems like the easier solution. Sorry as a business owner it just irks me when someone does something knowing it'll cost me money but they don't give a ****.
I hear where you are coming from but I think its a bit overboard.    I buy things at my friends small skate shop at full price and never return because it can affect his pockets.    Even if I only keep 1 or 2 pairs like you initially said.     You do know that it only cost them $20 to make and maybe $10 to ship that pair correct?    I can return 5 pairs and they will still be making a couple bucks profit!     Then they take the returned pairs and sell them at the outlets and make three times the money on that pair on sale.    They can also claim the loss on taxes.    It's a big business and they are not worrying about my returned Ids I can tell you that much! Lol

Last edited:

returning shoes is not abusing their system, me as a Nike customer have the right to return Nike products

if i am not satisfied with them, whether i return 1 pair or 10 pairs it makes no difference to me
On a non-ID, I agree. If it's an ID that you make and put your name on it, that's different. And yes, you as a customer have the right to use their return policy but Nike also has the right to ban you from using it. They've banned resellers from buying at outlets. They've banned people from returns bc they were basically using shoes for 3 weeks for free and them shipping them back. If someone makes 7 ID's to keep 1 on multiple occasions, Nike will ban that person. I don't see how anyone could even argue they shouldn't be banned for doing it.

I hear where you are coming from but I think its a bit overboard.    I buy things at my friends small skate shop at full price and never return because it can affect his pockets.    Even if I only keep 1 or 2 pairs like you initially said.     You do know that it only cost them $20 to make and maybe $10 to ship that pair correct?    I can return 5 pairs and they will still be making a couple bucks profit!     Then they take the returned pairs and sell them at the outlets and make three times the money on that pair on sale.    They can also claim the loss on taxes.    It's a big business and they are not worrying about my returned Ids I can tell you that much! Lol
I guess you can look at it that way, but you can also look at it from Nike's viewpoint. They only have so much of the Will leather. They make pairs until they run out. If you return 5, that's 5 they have to sell at outlets rather than at full retail. It cost them money. There's no other way to put it.

Sorry for the rant. Back to AM1's. Has anyone seen a US10.5 or US11 Chlorophyll in ds or vnds in the $600-700 usd range lately? Or a ds or vnds Curry for a decent price in the same sizes?

17 months ??!!! lmfao are they shipped from a different universe or something like that :rofl:

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Nah I'm just kidding. They'll be here early February.

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Nah I'm just kidding. They'll be here early February.

I made that exact pair also. A little bit of Air Max Powerwall inspiration.

lol I made the same pair as well

black lace bar w/a swoosh and grey Nike Air logo's on mine.

Guess at least 4 of us will be stunting in these :lol:

This. I can't wait to see what drops for this year. I'm sure we are gonna get an OG cw or 2 along with the atmos cw from the vote air max thing from last year
Yeah Im wondering if the elephants will have the new shape. I hope so....

But I know we've heard rumors of it only being in Q2 of this year... guess we will have to wait and see. 

I'm hoping Nike switches up the meterials on the atmos elephants version 2.0....
i.e. mesh toe box in lieu of the god awful leather used on the OG's

the 25% off was too much to pass up on those Will leather ID's....

funny that 4 of us basically made the same pairs with the black uppers grey midsoles but that's a solid colorway and these joints are going to look great once they get some miles on them

Last edited:
I never liked the Atmos elephant print AM1. Nike swore at one point they could put elephant print on everything and it would look good.

Give me an Atmos Viotech AM1 retro and now you're speaking my language.

I don't jnow who these belong to but the guy seems to have a few pairs of the "new 2017 shape"" in four diffrent CW's.... Black leathers white leather blue leather and that red and yellow cw already posted on here a page or so back.

Last edited:
https://sneakersaddict.com/premieres-images-de-la-air-max-1-version-2017-150245

Translation:

"2017 has just begun and we already have what seem to be the first images of the new Air Max 1 version 2017. The news made all fans of Air Max 1. tremble. Nike has reworked the shape of its iconic model for the new season and the first photos of this model suggest good constructions. The shape is therefore well shaped again to finally meet the expectations of the sneakerhead who demanded its return since 2009, year when the pair underwent a first reshuffle. The silhouette was in fact since the late 90s made in Thailand and had a much thicker mudguard. This mudguard was also parallel to the swoosh and went up on the toe box thus limiting the banana effect decried since the relocation of its manufacture in China and Vietnam in 2007. The pair also presents a premium construction made of full grain leather that suggests a release Pinnacle limited to the NikeLab. According to our information, the return of the Air Max 1 in its original shape would be planned for the Air Max Day of 2017 in a series of colors OG which will be accompanied by the Atmos Elephant acclaimed in the vote organized by the brand the year The last. We will keep you informed when we have more information. "

Back
Top Bottom