THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 1 - 1 Next game 9/22 vs. Ravens

At least I feel people are starting to realize that the defense and Marinelli is the problem.

The offense needs a real #1 receiver if they expect to score 40 points a game to get some wins. Dez is an average receiver at this point. Witten can't stretch the field. They need a guy that can take a slant 80 yards.

Dak is good but he is more like Russell Wilson than Aaron Rodgers/Tom Brady. He may never become as good as those guys but Russ was good enough to win a Super Bowl with a good team around him. Dak is like the lowest paid player on the team so it is a good opportunity to take advantage of that and spend on defense. For that reason, the criticism of Dak annoys me, he's the best value in the league for his contract.

If anybody on here knows Football. Then you should know that our defense is the problem. Its not the offense. Study the games we have lost. We have no corners or DB,s whatsoever. Defense wins games/championships. Not high powered offenses. Peyton won his last SuperBowl because of his defense. Im tired of trying to explain to other fans that its not our offense. In our last 2 losses. Our offense is what kept us in these close games down the stretch. A high scoring offense cant win games if the defense doesnt hold up there end of the bargain.

Dreyas Baby Daddy Orlando is scrub status. Anyone hes covering is guaranteed large amounts of yardage and TD,s. Our offense is A1. But a good offense means nothing if your defense is trash. Whats with all the Sean lee talk. Hes not a game changer by all means. Well get some more wins. Hopefully well get in the playoffs. But when it comes to an experienced battle tested offense. Were not going to win those type of games. Because our defense will get exposed easily (our corners/DB,s especially).

Hes good at times. He has his moments/spurts. But hes not an exceptional linebacker. Our weakness is our corners. Go back and watch every game this season. There basically non existent. Theyve been getting burnt badly when ot counts. Give me Lee and McClain in the linebacker positions. Swap out Scandrick ,Brown,and Lewis for anybody that can raise there arms while looking back at the ball.

And were winning atleast our last 2 games. Our offense can average between 30 to 40 points a game. Its not gonna matter what our offense does. Because our defense sucks. If a team doesnt have a defense to make stops at crucial parts of the game. The offensive play means nothing. Teams with a set of good wide receivers and a experienced QB. Are going to work us. Just analyze our cornerbacks for a full game. Its not even funny how badly they get exposed.

I don't agree about Sean Lee, he's one of the best run stopping LB's in the league...everything else I can agree with, its bad enuff we have mediocre players on both sides of the ball but then you the coaches who don't know how to scheme correctly, manage the clock, and lack creativity in playcalling.

We all knew it was too much time on clock for Rodgers and that he would carve us up and score.

I love this team and will continue to watch each and every game no matter win or loss, but we need elite coaching for these mediocre players to win.

Last edited:
Do you guys realize what you are saying, that 1 minute is too much time on the clock to keep a team from going 75 yards for a TD?

We talking about 1 minute here. How about the defense doesn't give up 20 yards on every play. Or the defense does not let Aaron Rodgers run 20 yards and get out of bounds untouched.

Do you guys realize what you are saying, that 1 minute is too much time on the clock to keep a team from going 75 yards for a TD?

We talking about 1 minute here. How about the defense doesn't give up 20 yards on every play. Or the defense does not let Aaron Rodgers run 20 yards and get out of bounds untouched.

I totally understand what you are saying, but we're talking Aaron Rodgers here, he's only done this to them 3475739 times.

We know the defense can't stop nobody, so leaving one minute on the clock when Rodgers was having his way the entire game is bad coaching.

If we're playing anybody not Brady or Rodgers then maybe our defense would had a chance.

I get what you're saying but we all know how bad our defense is and how good Rodgers is.
That throw to Dez on 2nd down was flat out dumb.
We could have ran 30 seconds off the clock but only burned 6 and allowed them to keep their timeout. That's on coaching.
Everyone needs to be fired.

KEYSTAT: In the last two games, the Rams and Packers have scored on 14 of 18 possessions. LET THAT SINK IN.

:sick::sick::sick::sick:

I get what you're saying but we all know how bad our defense is and how good Rodgers is.
That throw to Dez on 2nd down was flat out dumb.
We could have ran 30 seconds off the clock but only burned 6 and allowed them to keep their timeout. That's on coaching.
Everyone needs to be fired.

Yea, but when you need a TD to take the lead, you have to take the TD when you have a chance. Yes, throwing a pass on 2nd and 1 was stupid, but Dak running it in for the TD was the right move.

Dallas needed a review to overturn Zeke getting stuffed on 4th and 1 on the same drive. The game could have been over right then. You can't take those chances when you can get a TD. Holding penalties, fumbles, anything can happen.

22278195_1750913285202839_5013123297185890304_n.jpg

Game/ Tailgate yesterday was fun

I predicted 8-8 to start the season so my expectations were pretty low. Still, team can get healthier and win those divisional games and we're still in business. Half of the defense are rookies what do y'all expect? (Not even blue chippers at that). We get no takeaways, and both the Rams/Pack game should have been won if it wasn't for a critical turnover (I still hate TWill lol)

Every year they we over-achieve, the media/fans put a huge weight on their shoulders and they always underachieve.

Team is young and our SB window is gonna be open for a good decade

ain't really trippin

Yea, but when you need a TD to take the lead, you have to take the TD when you have a chance. Yes, throwing a pass on 2nd and 1 was stupid, but Dak running it in for the TD was the right move.

Dallas needed a review to overturn Zeke getting stuffed on 4th and 1 on the same drive. The game could have been over right then. You can't take those chances when you can get a TD. Holding penalties, fumbles, anything can happen.

Can't say that I disagree at all. You absolutely take the points at all times but that decision to throw just shows how incompetent this coaching staff us.

Here comes the 3 man rush prevent

WHY THE HELL DO WE EVEN USE THAT. you put 4 pass rushers out there,

I’m on the other side. We should have looked to score much quicker.
i was saying the same thing.
I've been saying to get rid of Terrance Williams, I remember a lot of you guys vouching for him. We missed Sean Lee again.
nope have also said he is a bum
Scandrick is just :sick:
like someone said last week, its time for brown and all the rookie DB's to be starting. they got to learn some how. scandrick is suppose to be a good slot DB but is always getting beat from there

KEYSTAT: In the last two games, the Rams and Packers have scored on 14 of 18 possessions. LET THAT SINK IN.

:sick::sick::sick::sick:

but lets blame the offense. dez was open all game yesterday but yeah he is a problem.

fredicks has been getting killed all season tho

Defense looked absolutely confused out there on that last drive. Marinelli still runs that 3 man rush with a spy. The spy is worthless because the ball sails over his head towards the sidelines for completion after completion.

The leading sack leader gets double and triple teamed on a 3 man rush. Even Reggie White would look bad playing for Marinelli.

I honestly think we need
-a pass rusher inside to pair with Lawrence & Irving. Maybe Irving will create the pressure we need along side Lawrence, but we really need that pressure up the middle and TCrawford isn’t doing that.
-Strong Side LB. A name not some run of the mill 5th rounder
-Depth at LB which would be fine sliding the depth chart down if we can get a good strong side LB
-And a shut down corner.

Offensively
-Need a deep threat to go with Dez, it’s why I like Brice more because he’s a better complimentary # 2 than TWill is.
-Rico Gathers to get back.

I think Dez is fine and still extremely good, we just don’t have the play calling of more than 4 routes for him, and there’s no one to take attention off of him so even if they play man, if they have someone over the top it’s shut down for Dez. But in the red zone, im taking Dez over almost everybody.

Went back to read the TWill post and it looks like pretty much everyone was over him being on the team.
This post here is money :lol::lol::lol:

I tried to tell y’all haha. I credit Jaylon Smith for making it back onto the field after his horrific injury, but I’m not seeing the explosiveness that the Cowboys were raving about during training camp. It looks like he is running in quicksand, and is constantly behind the play. Taco is another person who’s pissing me off defensively as well. Our defense could of used the versatility of TJ Watt at that draft position.

I would honestly be ok without making the playoffs this year.
It's not like we're winning the SB.
Lowkey Zeke should just take the suspension this year and chalk this season up as a tank in order to get a high draft pick.

man...we gotta stop the run...we gave up over 150 yards in 3 games including yesterday...no containment at all yesterday...

got alot of holes defensively...like yall mentioned, coaching isnt making easy on the guys, jaylen can only go forwards and is a target...we miss lee badly...Heath isnt the answer and for real man, 31 needs to step up...frustrating L yesterday, but thats the league..

me..myself..i wanna make the playoffs anytime its a possibilty...you never know..but if this defense plays like this all year we wont need to worry :lol:

Back
Top Bottom