The NBA Draft Thread

Simmons athletic #'s a little disappointing.

eh not really. His athleticism is in his straight line speed, mobility and lateral quickness.

not really in his leaping ability. not dissimilar to Kawhi coming out of SDSU

Last edited:
eh not really. His athleticism is in his straight line speed, mobility and lateral quickness.

not really in his leaping ability. not dissimilar to Kawhi coming out of SDSU

I said the #'s are disappointing because I thought he would be more explosive, not that I didn't think he was athletic.

He has more functional athleticism than explosive.

Sigh...Draftexpress moved Marquese Chriss up to 3 on his mock.

I guess I knew once this pre draft stuff started he wouldn't last to 9. :smh:

I couldn't take him over Bender though. I guess DX must have celtics sources.

Last edited:
I meant to say about average. All semantics here. Dude isn't a liability length wise like people were making it seem.

He'll be ard.

Yea I thought people were overblowing that after I saw his measurements, he'll be fine guarding PF's as long as he actually tries.

He'll definitely cause a lot of mismatches on the other end too with his ballhandling, vision and ability to run the floor.

Hope whoever coaches him allows him to play the kind of role Draymond does for GSW, push on every defensive rebound.

Marquese Chriss reminds me of Markieff Morris.

I know nothing about his makeup though :lol:. Kid has some nice tools in his arsenal.

Mike Schmitz (draft express scout) calling shenanigans on Simmons pro day measurements. :lol:

He has a point now that I look at it

Hoop summit had his standing reach at 8'7, and his height at 6'10 in shoes, and wingspan at 6'11.

so in a year his wingspan only grew 2 inches but his reach grew 4 inches? lolw wut? :lol:

and an athletic dude with a 8'11 standing reach managed less than 1 block per game IN COLLEGE?

Cmon man. These pro day measurements are useless. :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Sigh...Draftexpress moved Marquese Chriss up to 3 on his mock.

I guess I knew once this pre draft stuff started he wouldn't last to 9. :smh:

I couldn't take him over Bender though. I guess DX must have celtics sources.
They did just have Jaylen Brown there at 3 though, and I really don't think that was going to happen...

that was pre lottery I think...before they take into account teams.
I don't think so. It was their most recent one before this one where they had moved Simmons back to 1 and had Brown at 3. I think before that one they had Murray going 3.

I said it a while back, but I hope Ulis ends up with LAC. I feel like that would be the perfect fit for his first few years. Learn behind CP

They had better play Branden Dawson next season too

Okafor came in with one of the most polished post games ever out of college, is only 20 years old and will probably average Elton Brand numbers for his whole career yet people on here are saying they'd rather have Alex Len over him :lol:

For those that wanna say that you can't win with a post player who's a bad defender......is Kevin Love not playing in the damn NBA Finals tonight?

Back
Top Bottom