The NBA Draft Thread

Does Simmons think he's clever by not committing to workout with anyone?

Operation LA in full implementation mode.

He doesn't really gain anything by working out for anybody, he could only hurt his stock.

It seems like a lock for now that he's going 1.

Simmons' camp knows that jumper is in repair. I don't blame them 

I wonder if Ingram's stock starts to get crazy high soon...

Lakers just chilling

KAT only worked out for one team last year.

When you're a consensus top 2 pick....you decide what you want to show.

Simmons' camp knows that jumper is in repair. I don't blame them 

I wonder if Ingram's stock starts to get crazy high soon...

Lakers just chilling

That's why you do one good workout, like KAT. Ingram shouldn't be ruled out, especially if they get Teague.

IIRC, Towns didn't work out, but he went to dinner with the Lakers. Porzingis worked out though.

The Los Angeles Lakers secretly worked out Kentucky's Karl-Anthony Towns in a non-publicized workout, according to a report from Ramona Shelburne on Sportscenter. This runs contrary to reports that the Lakers were "increasingly doubtful" they could get Towns to work out for them. Early on in the pre-draft process, it was reported that Towns refused to work out privately for any team, so if Shelburne's reporting is accurate, getting some one-on-one time with Towns is potentially a big deal for the Lakers decision making process.

The reason it is only potentially a big deal is for the simple reason that the Minnesota Timberwolves appear set to draft Towns first overall, meaning that his workout for the Lakers was little more than a glorified scouting assignment for the purple and gold's first summer league game. But the fact that both sides kept Towns' workout secret until now is intriguing even if it is unlikely to matter.

It wasn't widely reported and it leaked a while after the draft so not many knew about it

Rim protection > Post offense.

If you can't see why then I don't know what game you've been watching.

You comparing Love like he's actually a center or that he won anything before playing with Lebron, terrible example.

He's also part of the reason they lost two games to Toronto with his terrible PnR defense and they had to sit him in the 4th quarter on more than 1 occasion.

Notice how there was no team in the final 4 teams that didn't have a rim protector.

You saying he's gonna put up Elton Brand #'s, what did his teams ever win?

Polished post game means nothing when you kill the pace of your team when you're on the floor, you turn the ORTG of your team from bad to historically bad and you raise the opponents to an elite level.

There's nothing that he adds and even as he improves, he'll never be able to protect the rim which puts a ceiling on him that doesn't work if he's your franchise player.

Let me know the last time you saw a transcendant 5 who also couldn't defend the rim?

I'll wait.
THIS! I'd take an elite rim protector (i.e. Tyson in his prime, Noah in his prime, Noel) than to take an elite post player (i.e. Jefferson, Okafor)

Last edited:
Jeff Teague for Noel is a no for me...Honestly I would rather trade Oak to Boston for Bradley or Smart and grab Dunn with the number 3 pick.

Why trade for a 27 y/o PG on a 1 yr deal when this team is nowhere near ready to win.

Does anyone know if Jonathan Givony is sponsored by anyone to travel from place to place to scout these athletes? Like how do they make money exactly? ( Draft Express )

The market is so saturated right now, but he essentially created the lane that I grew up wanting to drive in. I respect his work so much man. Easily the website I spent the most time on since 2003

Jeff Teague for Noel supposedly could happen today

Not sure I'm feeling that, prefer to move Jah for a high pick

Last edited:
He has a quick first step; He is able to get around defenders. He strength is in getting to the bucket.

Back
Top Bottom