The NBA Draft Thread

Okay.....but then we could still trade him to somebody else and then the Celtics are stuck with overpaying Jared Sullinger to come back or giving up every good player on their team and every valuable draft pick for Cousins.

There's two sides to this.
Not really there's a few C's they can outright sign including Al Horford. I actually think Ainge doesn't care about giving up multiple picks and players for Cousins, they apparently were close to doing it this year. 

Not really there's a few C's they can outright sign including Al Horford. I actually think Ainge doesn't care about giving up multiple picks and players for Cousins, they apparently were close to doing it this year. 
I very highly doubt that the Celts would be willing to move next year's Nets pick. They should be the worst team in the NBA and the draft should be loaded at the top. Other picks are definitely available for the right player....

Sullinger is certainly not going to be in a Celts uniform next year no matter who they end up getting or not getting.

I very highly doubt that the Celts would be willing to move next year's Nets pick. They should be the worst team in the NBA and the draft should be loaded at the top. Other picks are definitely available for the right player....
That's the whole purpose of them stockpiling all these picks, they're a team that's ready to contend now in a basically 1 team conference. Best believe if Ainge can move those picks for a superstar or someone right on the cusp, he's doing it. It's in his mantra to do so. 

That's the whole purpose of them stockpiling all these picks, they're a team that's ready to contend now in a basically 1 team conference. Best believe if Ainge can move those picks for a superstar or someone right on the cusp, he's doing it. It's in his mantra to do so. 
I understand that, but it only makes sense for certain players. I just don't think any of the players that are actually attainable would make the team a contender. I love Boogie, but I don't think it would be intelligent to trade all of our future picks for him, which is probably what it would take. Especially when it's highly likely that a franchise guy can be drafted with the 2017 Nets pick. Jimmy Butler is good, and I'd trade a certain amount for him, but still wouldn't include next year's pick. Who else is there??

I understand that, but it only makes sense for certain players. I just don't think any of the players that are actually attainable would make the team a contender. I love Boogie, but I don't think it would be intelligent to trade all of our future picks for him, which is probably what it would take. Especially when it's highly likely that a franchise guy can be drafted with the 2017 Nets pick. Jimmy Butler is good, and I'd trade a certain amount for him, but still wouldn't include next year's pick. Who else is there??
They don't need the picks, they have enough young guys in Lil Zeke, Bradley, Smart and Olynek. Like I said they're a superstar away from real contention in the Eastern conference, they need that star whether it's through free agency or via a trade. Another young guy isn't going to help them win now, which is the mode they're in by all indications. 

They don't need the picks, they have enough young guys in Lil Zeke, Bradley, Smart and Olynek. Like I said they're a superstar away from real contention in the Eastern conference, they need that star whether it's through free agency or via a trade. Another young guy isn't going to help them win now, which is the mode they're in by all indications. 
I think they are a bit further away from contention than that. Adding Boogie to this year's Celtics team would maybe win them 1 game in a series against the Cavs.

Last edited:
Sixers should draft Simmons and call it an offseason. We have no idea what Embiid will bring, how he fits with Noel or anyone else on the team. You also have to take into account it's been over 2 years since he's played real ball, he didn't even play much at Kansas, and his basketball experience prior to THAT is limited. It is very, VERY risky to trade Okafor, your only proven player, in hope for Embiid's recovery, and whoever you draft at 3 if you're going to the Celtics.

To trade to Boston is madness anyway. What happens in three years when we're meeting them in the playoffs and have to play AGAINST Jah. Dude is gonna be a monster by then. It just doesn't make any sense. There's no rush. Draft and put the guys on the floor. Between Saric, Simmons, and Embiid, we have a lot of fun stuff to look forward to and a hell of a lot more evaluating to do.

Sixers should draft Simmons and call it an offseason. We have no idea what Embiid will bring, how he fits with Noel or anyone else on the team. You also have to take into account it's been over 2 years since he's played real ball, he didn't even play much at Kansas, and his basketball experience prior to THAT is limited. It is very, VERY risky to trade Okafor, your only proven player, in hope for Embiid's recovery, and whoever you draft at 3 if you're going to the Celtics.

To trade to Boston is madness anyway. What happens in three years when we're meeting them in the playoffs and have to play AGAINST Jah. Dude is gonna be a monster by then. It just doesn't make any sense. There's no rush. Draft and put the guys on the floor. Between Saric, Simmons, and Embiid, we have a lot of fun stuff to look forward to and a hell of a lot more evaluating to do.

if embiid is healthy, where are they going to find minutes for all 5 bigs? i imagine it would be pretty difficult developing chemistry with a round robin of players in the front court.

if embiid is healthy, where are they going to find minutes for all 5 bigs? i imagine it would be pretty difficult developing chemistry with a round robin of players in the front court.

Exactly, that's a log jam if I've ever seen one.

If we all about going with talent, you still trade Okafor because he's at best going to be Al Jefferson/Jonas and that's not going to to help you win a championship now or later.

The only caveat, and it's a big one, is Embiid's health. If he can play and the medical staff is confident, I'm trading Okafor without a second thought. I don't care that he hasn't played in 2 years, he's put no wear and tear on his body, has gotten taller and stronger and is more talented than Okafor to begin with. Even if he gets hurt again, you're more likely to be able to overpay for rim protection than to get a superstar PG or wing in FA which is why you should draft those positions with your lottery picks.

A guy like Cole Aldrich would be better than Jah and he is in the Sixers range in FA for sure.

Jah's value will never be higher than right now and he will never be a two way star which is most important for 5's, you gotta make that move.

The Lakers are going to just fall *** backward into Ben Simmons, because they went non-impact at No. 2 a year ago they're bad enough. You're lucky, and don't forget even though you're new here still, because it's more often MKG-D.Williams-Thabust and on and on.

If you're born into Silicon Valley or just Cali, adversity is VERY relative and it shows in fan-to-fan discourse in sports throughout different regions. Like I've never been alive to see any of my 4 local teams play in a championship of any kind pros or college.

Very intriguing from a physical standpoint, elite body for the position but the fact that he didn't really dominate in college with those tools is a bit concerning.

Still, seem like with him it's only a matter of time until he becomes a serviceable starter with upside. Solid shooter, will have a physical advantage in most match ups and has great character/work ethic.

Looking at him closely if I'm Chicago at 14.

Simmons/Saric rotating at the 3.

Embiid/Jah in the front court with Noel coming off the bench.

That’s how you play it. Jah’s offensive game supersedes that of Al Jeff/Jonas. No comparisons.

What do you trade him for? No one in this draft besides Ben has upside that compares. If you trade him for a guard you’re probably not getting fair value because Jah hasn’t even reached his apex yet so you aren’t going to get an upper echelon guy like IT2 who I would actually trade for, but Boston won’t give. The return just isn’t there yet. Make these guys play together and feel it out as the season progresses. 3 years of embarrassment and it’s finally getting interesting. No need to rush it now. We aren’t competing for a few more years anyway.

There's no way the sixers don't draft Simmons..Dispite all the questions dude still averaged 19..11..and 4...

But back to Murray and Hield..because it seem like most think the sixers should draft one of them over Dunn..Besides shooting what else do these guys bring to the table to justify drafting them at 3...questions about defense,athleticism,and playmaking at the next level got me scared...I'm not drafting a guy at 3 to just stand there and shoot.

I know Dunn older and a little more raw..but I'm taking his potential over both Murray and Heild any day.

Last edited:
Simmons/Saric rotating at the 3.

Embiid/Jah in the front court with Noel coming off the bench.

That’s how you play it. Jah’s offensive game supersedes that of Al Jeff/Jonas. No comparisons.

What do you trade him for? No one in this draft besides Ben has upside that compares. If you trade him for a guard you’re probably not getting fair value because Jah hasn’t even reached his apex yet so you aren’t going to get an upper echelon guy like IT2 who I would actually trade for, but Boston won’t give. The return just isn’t there yet. Make these guys play together and feel it out as the season progresses. 3 years of embarrassment and it’s finally getting interesting. No need to rush it now. We aren’t competing for a few more years anyway.

First off, Simmons at the 3 is not going to work, no spacing on offense at all, he's a 4.

Embiid and Jah in the front court, you want Jah guarding stretch 4's? That won't work either.

Noel should be starting strictly because his defense > Jahlil's offense. There's a reason they played better with Okafor out and Nerlens at the 5 with Ish.

And no, Jahlil isn't better than Al Jeff or Jonas. When you look at all 3 players at the same age and adjust for usage, they're all the same.

You're right though, Jah hasn't reached his apex yet and that's why you trade him now because he's 20 and on a rookie deal. You're not looking for IT2, just that 3rd pick to draft Dunn because a 2 way PG is more valuable than an offense only Center.

There's no way the sixers don't draft Simmons..Dispite all the questions dude still averaged 19..11..and 4...

But back to Murray and Hield..because it seem like most think the sixers should draft one of them over Dunn..Besides shooting what else do these guys bring to the table to justify drafting them at 3...questions about defense,athleticism,and playmaking at the next level got me scared...I'm not drafting a guy at 3 to just stand there and shoot.

I know Dunn older and a little more raw..but I'm taking his potential over both Murray and Heild any day.

Agreed and I love Hield and Murray as players.

Neither of those guys is a real PG at the next level or have the ceiling Dunn has.

I can't speak on Jefferson..I know he came in the league as acHigh schooler..but Jah is already better than Jonas..have dude even avg. 15 pts yet in this league..

I can't speak on Jefferson..I know he came in the league as acHigh schooler..but Jah is already better than Jonas..have dude even avg. 15 pts yet in this league..

The only reason Jah put up the heavy scoring #'s was because of Usage, not like he was super efficient or anything just had more shot attempts on a piss poor team.

Agreed and I love Hield and Murray as players.

Neither of those guys is a real PG at the next level or have the ceiling Dunn has.

I agree as well. Out of the three, I do believe Dunn will have the highest ceiling, but if you will build a team around Simmons, then the most you need is a secondary playmaker. You don't need a true PG on a team with Simmons.

My concern is if we drat Simmons and Dunn, then who the hell will shoot the ball between Noel, Simmons, Jah, Embiid, Dunn and Saric? The only respectable shooter on the team is Covington, plus Stauskas is inconsistent at best. We will have the same problem the Magic has today.

I like Heild and Murray is growing on me. However, I do agree that they are too high for pick #3.

Here is another crazy idea, IF we get pick #3 then maybe we can trade down for Murray or Heild + an asset?

Back
Top Bottom