The NBA Draft Thread

If the Sixers do choose Dunn, then we should also at least make a run at these following players at free agency:

Bradley Beal
Evan Fournier
Kent Bezemore

We would probably have to overpay, but that's OK considering we have no real players on our roster.

Troy Williams staying in the NBA draft 
mean.gif

If the Sixers do choose Dunn, then we should also at least make a run at these following players at free agency:

Bradley Beal
Evan Fournier
Kent Bezemore

We would probably have to overpay, but that's OK considering we have no real players on our roster.

Not paying Beal with his health.

Fournier is better offensively than Bugatti Baze and he's 3 years younger so I'd probably be more inclined to pay him but Baze is developing offensively and can guard 1 and 2 pretty damn well.

Just watching KD on defense has me salivating at the possibility of what Ingram could become.

Love Ingram but he's not KD.

Not the same level of athlete with a wingspan that is two inches shorter.

I know he's not KD but he can be that type of defender, maybe PG is a better comp. He's already really good.

Yes, but given the position we are in, we should at least make a run for all three and see who bites.

Bradley Beal
Evan Fournier
Kent Bezemore

Not paying Beal with his health.

Fournier is better offensively than Bugatti Baze and he's 3 years younger so I'd probably be more inclined to pay him but Baze is developing offensively and can guard 1 and 2 pretty damn well.
word at this point, i would seriously think about Kent before Beal bc of health. Kid is frail as hell. 

I know he's not KD but he can be that type of defender, maybe PG is a better comp. He's already really good.

He is really good, he has all the tools to be a perennial All Star and is coming in a good shooter and iso scorer. Once his ballhandling and passing improve he's going to be a problem. He also has the work ethic, great character and a strong inner circle off the court which can't be discounted, he just seems like one of those guys that is a lock to be a great player barring injury.

You gotta love that he played his best in big games. I think he will make a quicker impact than Simmons in their first couple years. Simmons has the higher ceiling but also a lower floor.

Also helps that he's so young, won't turn 19 until training camp while Simmons turns 20 the month after the draft.

The only reason Jah put up the heavy scoring #'s was because of Usage, not like he was super efficient or anything just had more shot attempts on a piss poor team.

This just isn't true..

Jah had a usage rate of 24.9..second among rookies
Mudiay was one at 25.9

Kat 23.1
D'angelo Russell 23.5
Porzingus 22.9
Booker..22.3

Jah also had a PER of..17.14..league avg. is 15.00

KAT..22.59
D'Angelo Russell..13.22
Prozingus..17.80
Booker..12.00

Now I'm not a big advance stats guy but the numbers don't say Jah was an inefficient clucker..And yes..he's on a very bad team..So defenses is keying mainly on him.

Last edited:
^^^ Yup there are multiple ways to look at that. He has a high usage rate because his team is awful and he was the only option. This then caused him to face a ton of double teams because he was the only player that the defense had to key in on. If you surround him with some actual talent, I think he can become significantly more efficient. Nobody is saying he is the next Olajuwon, but I think he can be a very nice piece for someone for the next 10 years.

This just isn't true..

Jah had a usage rate of 24.9..second among rookies
Mudiay was one at 25.9

Kat 23.1
D'angelo Russell 23.5
Porzingus 22.9
Booker..22.3

Jah also had a PER of..17.14..league avg. is 15.00

KAT..22.59
D'Angelo Russell..13.22
Prozingus..17.80
Booker..12.00

Now I'm not a big advance stats guy but the numbers don't say Jah was an inefficient clucker..And yes..he's on a very bad team..So defenses is keying mainly on him.

I never said he was inefficient, dude shot 50% but I'm only speaking in reference to bringing up scoring #'s, of course you're going to score more with more usage, that doesn't mean he actually helped the offense.

The Sixers ORTG was -7 with Jah on compared to off not to mention their pace was -5 from all his post ups.

Let's compare that to those other guys you named

Kristaps: +3.1 ORTG when he's on the court
KAT: +5
Mudiay: +2
Booker: -0.5 ( became positive after All Star break)
Russell: -3.7

So yeah, Jah was almost twice as bad for his team's offense as any of those guys while also being +2.5 on defense.

He's young and he will get better but that is a huge problem and it's hard to find guys who historically have had such a bad effect on their team.

He literally transformed them into a historically bad team when he was on the floor while when he was off they were bad but just normally bad.

Those guys who stumble out of the gates of their careers with some injury-plagued years usually get into great shape rough estimate Yr 3/4 or basically where Beal is right now, they like realize the reputation they're getting or something and go into a huge summer of development as a result to prime the upcoming year for success slash protect their body further.

Is Beal a personality type that will work toward that and then habitually be that in his discipline year after year once it's happened? I don't know what he's like as closely as Washington fans probably do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom