The NBA Draft Thread

I never said he was inefficient, dude shot 50% but I'm only speaking in reference to bringing up scoring #'s, of course you're going to score more with more usage, that doesn't mean he actually helped the offense.

The Sixers ORTG was -7 with Jah on compared to off not to mention their pace was -5 from all his post ups.

Let's compare that to those other guys you named

Kristaps: +3.1 ORTG when he's on the court
KAT: +5
Mudiay: +2
Booker: -0.5 ( became positive after All Star break)
Russell: -3.7

So yeah, Jah was almost twice as bad for his team's offense as any of those guys while also being +2.5 on defense.

He's young and he will get better but that is a huge problem and it's hard to find guys who historically have had such a bad effect on their team.

He literally transformed them into a historically bad team when he was on the floor while when he was off they were bad but just normally bad.

This stat just basically says he plays for a historically bad team..What I got is..The better players you have around you..the better the stat would be..which is why Mudiay dispite having A usage rating of 25.9 (highest among rookies) and a PER of 9.96 (remember the league avg. is 15.00) has a +2 in this stat..He just have better teammates to pass too..Basically...Jah starts with bad players..Gets blown out and then the scrubs come in and makes a 25 point game 15..Still a horrible team..and this simply isn't uncommon for players playing on bad teams..here a article on durant from 09..

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/7047/the-kevin-durant-conundrum

Last edited:
Not even a big stat guy but that usage and per for mudiay definitely confirms the eye test

Last edited:
This stat just basically says he plays for a historically bad team..What I got is..The better players you have around you..the better the stat would be..which is why Mudiay dispite having A usage rating of 25.9 (highest among rookies) and a PER of 9.96 (remember the league avg. is 15.00) has a +2 in this stat..He just have better teammates to pass too..Basically...Jah starts with bad players..Gets blown out and then the scrubs come in and makes a 25 point game 15..Still a horrible team..and this simply isn't uncommon for players playing on bad teams..here a article on durant from 09..

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/7047/the-kevin-durant-conundrum

KD was -0.1% not really the best comparison.

Yes the Sixers were historically bad but only when he was on the floor. It's not as simple as he starts they give up a bunch of points and they make a run when he's out.

They were a better team in the games he missed and better when he came off the bench. If he's so good on Offense, that just shouldn't happen, their offense shouldn't be 7 points better without him, that's ridiculous.

It's not only the team at all.

KD was -0.1% not really the best comparison.

Yes the Sixers were historically bad but only when he was on the floor. It's not as simple as he starts they give up a bunch of points and they make a run when he's out.

They were a better team in the games he missed and better when he came off the bench. If he's so good on Offense, that just shouldn't happen, their offense shouldn't be 7 points better without him, that's ridiculous.

It's not only the team at all.

The actual number don't matter because I'm sure the thunder wasn't getting blown out like we was this year..So the numbers will reflect that..Yeah the number -7 but what's the number without him -4/5..The sixers aren't going to a + team without him on the court..Its really nitpicking at that point..I think we had a 53 point loss to the Spurs this year..what's a -7 differential at that point..The team horrible..

Me posting that durant article is me just trying to point out the fact that when your the main guy on a bad team..more than likely y'all be playing the bulk of the mins..meaning most likely you'll be the one the starters from the other team run up the score on..while the backup will most likely be in for the garbage mins...when that 25 point lead is brought down to respectable 15..It says nothing about a guy individually.

But hopefully we get to see this year..I want to see oak with players around him..Then I'll judge him according..He couldnt even play with the second best player on the team half the time this year..

Last edited:
Interesting article on Jaylen Brown.

https://theundefeated.com/features/jaylen-brown-the-2016-nba-drafts-renaissance-man/

Really like this guy's mindset, hopefully we will start to see more prospects like him.
Mind ******* blown

Still, I don't know if this makes me any higher on the kid. I feel like the eccentric type athletes are semi risky. Dude definitely isn't cut from the same cloth as the average athlete

Should have known though since he picked Cal of all places

Last edited:
Who's they, and why would you ask that dumb question 
laugh.gif

The best thing about the article was the fact that he referenced the 20k hours thing. If he stays dedicated to practicing that's the most you can ask of him and any other prospect

With someone as intelligent and alternative as brown i wouldn't be surprised to see him get distracted by other ventures and for him to get his priorities mixed up. So him specifically talking about Kobe and the hard work he put in was good to read

Last edited:
My friend that trained Jaylen at IMPACT last year told me kinda the same type of stuff about him as that artifice. He was even saying that even if he was a top 3 lock pick this year that he wasn't sure that he'd come out. He's just a different type of dude.

“I got an opportunity. It’s time to take advantage,” Brown said.

The NBA assistant general manager also said that Brown’s high level of intelligence and inquisitive nature could intimidate some general managers and coaches.
He added that he is a good kid who “doesn’t fit the mold of a so-called basketball player.”

I HATE reading stuff like this. :smh:

My fear with Brown is he won't have his heart in the NBA

Similar to Ricky Williams with the NFL but for different reasons obviously

Last edited:
My fear with Brown is he won't have his heart in the NBA

Similar to Ricky Williams with the NFL but for different reasons obviously

Not with this mentality:

“I’m a big believer that it takes 20,000 hours to be great. Kobe put in those hours. I’m trying to chase that model, that representation that Kobe laid out for us. He set a great example and I’m trying to follow.”

Not saying he'll be great by any means, but he's showing (or at least saying) he's willing to put in the work.

I'm not questioning Jaylen Browns heart or work ethic.

I question whether he has the basketball instincts to be a high level perimeter player.

Has nothing to do with his off court intelligence.

Harrison Barnes is a smart dude off the court, but when the lights come and it's time to play ball he doesn't have the instincts to be a star.

Last edited:
^^^^

Agreed.

If you watched him at Cal, the physical talent and athleticism is obvious but he just doesn't have a natural feel for the game that great players have.

He also isn't as fluid of an athlete laterally even though he's explosive straight line, but that's hard at his size anyway.

His shooting is a **** show and he doesn't have a move to the basket yet.

All that being said, he's still intriguing and has the potential to be a guy who can guard 2/3/SB4.

Really love Denzel.

I know the athleticism is questionable but his body will definitely improve in the NBA and he's a capable team defender.

Offensively dude just gets it, shot 44% on 7.5 3FG, great vision, understands angles, has a nice floater game and is just a natural playmaker.

He's basically like the opposite of Jaylen Brown. Old, not a good athlete, innate BBIQ and highly skilled.

Don't see how he's not a starter for a contender one day as long as he continues to work on his body.

Really love Denzel.

I know the athleticism is questionable but his body will definitely improve in the NBA and he's a capable team defender.

Offensively dude just gets it, shot 44% on 7.5 3FG, great vision, understands angles, has a nice floater game and is just a natural playmaker.

He's basically like the opposite of Jaylen Brown. Old, not a good athlete, innate BBIQ and highly skilled.

Don't see how he's not a starter for a contender one day as long as he continues to work on his body.
Agree with all this. Would love him on the Celts. Don't think he's going to last til 16. I wouldn't mind them figuring out a way to trade up for him.

Back
Top Bottom