The NBA Draft Thread

IMO, Yes. I see what the frame, length and long-range shooting ability and beyond project for Brandon Ingram but it's contrarian because you could honestly be just as excited about Ben Simmons' passing, rebounding, transition play and athleticism as it pertains to projecting all the same and you'd be just as excited if you're coming from an unbiased POV. If Grayson Allen was an LSU Tiger and not a Duke Blue Devil, or if Keith Hornsby doesn't get hurt, or a variety of other factors, things like team successes/triumphs and steep lows like the huge loss to A&M aren't being evaluated. In a generation of athletes who don't define accountability if it pertains to them directly, we have Simmons - who actually lived out one of the worst one-year scenarios that you can have before entering a draft. Few watched LSU after their first few games & until March/SEC tournament, consumed Simmons through SC mini highlights. And then they bookend what they began by finishing out their viewing experiences by watching full games just like they were when his season first began, and what they saw was a guy who looked like he didn't care that they were being routed by A&M and that was their sample size to evaluate off of. When really the guy appeared more defeated to me, by the game swelling into such a horrible black eye to the degree that it did but more so that that was the microcosm exclamation point on a wildly volatile season where someone with even that potential can come out the other end being hurt by the process.

I don't believe in his character issues like others do and will when they're amplified between now and the end of June, yet, if those people I disagree with ARE right, then Embiid, who is spending long stretches of time doing who knows what in Qatar, and Simmons, who in this hypothetical would have leadership/character issues, would be Philly's two pillars into the future aside from the guy who punches people in the streets of Boston.

Last edited:
Regardless of what any of you think of Embiid's future they aren't going to keep both Okafor and Noel. One will for sure be traded because Simmons is a 4 and Saric is mostly a stretch 4. Then you'd still have Noel as a super-sub there if Embiid suffers any setbacks.

Something like Okafor for #3 (Jamal Murray) and Rozier seems like a perfect trade for both sides involved.

Regardless of what any of you think of Embiid's future they aren't going to keep both Okafor and Noel. One will for sure be traded because Simmons is a 4 and Saric is mostly a stretch 4. Then you'd still have Noel as a super-sub there if Embiid suffers any setbacks.

Something like Okafor for #3 (Jamal Murray) and Rozier seems like a perfect trade for both sides involved.
Murray over Dunn?

I'd take Murray over Dunn, he's the best pure shooter in the draft and would compliment Simmons the best IMO

Last edited:
If Rozier is in that trade then no point for Dunn. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Although Dunn does seem like he'll be alot better than Rozier but yall get the point lol

Buddy Heild is the best shooter in the draft
laugh.gif
Best volume scorer not shooter 

Murray would put in work with Simmons, Saric and Embiid/Noel. Dunn is a good player but we need shooters.

I'd keep Noel over Okafor 10/10 if I'm Philly.

Say Embiid never pans out or gets injured again, I'd much rather have a defensive center to replace him with than an offensive one.

I been watching video of Dunn, Murray and Hield..and I like Dunn a whole lot..Sometimes you have to throw out the notion of trying to fit the perfect pieces to build a basketball team..you can really miss out on some real players that way...Oh we need shooters..I think Dunn have real all star potential..his length and athleticism can be a real problem in the league..He was the only one out of the three I seen finish plays with dunks..

Last edited:
I been watching video of Dunn, Murray and Hield..and I like Dunn a whole lot..Sometimes you have to throw out the notion of trying to fit the perfect pieces to build a basketball team..you can really miss out on some real players that way...Oh we need shooters..I think Dunn have real all star potential..his length and athleticism can be a real problem in the league..He was the only one out of the three I seen finish plays with dunks..
Ya feel me the kid looks like he has IT....

Dunn can be a better Rondo IMO

I still love Murray, that kid can hit any shot, I'm not saying he's Curry but that's the kind of style he can bring to a team

Dunn can be a better Rondo IMO

I still love Murray, that kid can hit any shot, I'm not saying he's Curry but that's the kind of style he can bring to a team
A 6-4 SG in the NBA has to do more than just shoot otherwise he just a Black JJ Reddick

Dunn is way bigger and is already better than rondo offensively...It looks like he finishes way better too and is way more athletic..

I like Hield and Murray..but they look like below the rim players that don't bring much more to the table than shooting..

Back
Top Bottom