The NBA Draft Thread

Jaylen Brown at 7 to Denver is probably what ends up happening. Celts are going to take one of the guards if they keep their pick (assuming Bradley or Smart get moved if they do) and Suns are probably going to take Bender. I don't quite see how he would make sense for Minnesota at 5. They'll likely take a guard. Ditto with New Orleans. For a team that needs to add pieces that can play right away next to AD, taking a project SF doesn't really fit. Once the guards and Bender are gone, there's a bunch of bigs and then Brown/Valentine/Korkmaz. Denver already has a couple talented young bigs, so I think they go with one of those 3 wings. Don't really think they'd do Korkmaz, so they would then be picking for young guy with most potential (Brown) or the well-rounded older wing that can come in and help right away (Valentine). I think they pick Brown.

Yes, exactly. Tell me a championship contender that does not have a top 10 offence and defence. You think Jah can ever anchor that in the defensive end? I highly doubt it.

I can see Noel anchoring a top 10 defence and will be in talks for DPOY for years to come while still having the team be a top 10 offence.

To be fair, is Jahlil were drafted today, he would be in talks for either #1 or #2 pick. He would at least bump Ingram down a spot which is why I think trading for the #2 pick is not entirely out of the question...especially since Lakers have no center.

And yes, Randle + Jah will be a horrible defensive combination...but Jah > Randle and Jah > Ingram as a prospect.

Last edited:
Jaylen Brown at 7 to Denver is probably what ends up happening. Celts are going to take one of the guards if they keep their pick (assuming Bradley or Smart get moved if they do) and Suns are probably going to take Bender. I don't quite see how he would make sense for Minnesota at 5. They'll likely take a guard. Ditto with New Orleans. For a team that needs to add pieces that can play right away next to AD, taking a project SF doesn't really fit. Once the guards and Bender are gone, there's a bunch of bigs and then Brown/Valentine/Korkmaz. Denver already has a couple talented young bigs, so I think they go with one of those 3 wings. Don't really think they'd do Korkmaz, so they would then be picking for young guy with most potential (Brown) or the well-rounded older wing that can come in and help right away (Valentine). I think they pick Brown.

I agree, I don't know, something about Brown's physical gifts and lack of basketball fundamentals and mentality reminds me of Tyrus Thomas (4th overall) and Stromile Swift (2nd pick). If I were a GM, I would pass up on Brown unless I were under top 10. Then again, this draft is not so strong.

Yes, exactly. Tell me a championship contender that does not have a top 10 offence and defence. You think Jah can ever anchor that in the defensive end? I highly doubt it.
Boston was 5th in PPG on offense and 7th in opposing FG% on defense and they are far from a contender. Amir Johnson is a good defender, but the other bigs who got time- Sullinger/Olynyk/Zeller are FAR from it. I can't see how potentially adding Okafor would really make the defense any worse. They need more star power, and I fully believe Okafor can be a star.

Last edited:
They want him to be their starting center for the 16/17 season if he's ready to go. Pair him with Simmons and Saric. Trade Noel and Okafor for guards.

Lakers in no way are trading for Okafor. They would've drafted him if they had any interest.

You think Philly will draft Simmons and keep saric? I feel like Ben makes him expendable and gives them a better trade package with either oak or Noel. Whereas if they go Ingram they keep saric and then have less to offer in a trade and won't get as good of a return for their centers.

Lakers in no way are trading for Okafor. They would've drafted him if they had any interest.

You think Philly will draft Simmons and keep saric? I feel like Ben makes him expendable and gives them a better trade package with either oak or Noel. Whereas if they go Ingram they keep saric and then have less to offer in a trade and won't get as good of a return for their centers.
I didn't say anything about Lakers trading for him. I don't think they will at all.

Saric and Embiid are unproven commodities. Neither of them will have as much trade value as Noel or Okafor and even they won't fetch an incredible return.

I think Philly is 100% set on Simmons over Ingram. Ingram will be a very nice fit in LA.

Why would Philly even trade saric when he hasn't played a min in the league yet ?

Last edited:
I'm keeping saric..him and Simmons are interchangeable at the 3 and 4..both can handle the ball and are very versatile..only thing about saric is..I'm not sure if he can guard the 3 in the NBA..

I highly doubt the Sixers move Saric

If they believe Joel is healthy then Jah and Noel are both expendable because Joel will be a stud

My fear is we get 30 games of Joel dominating then he misses a game and it spirals downhill again

Last edited:
I had high hopes for Joel..I hope he can finally play de ball. Bro was supposed to be special

I'd wait until the trade deadline to move Jah or Noel.

Embiid has missed 164 games out of a possible 164 games. He needs to show me that he can string together several months of games without missing an extended period of time before I move a highly touted prospect that has shown promise.

Embiid has missed SIGNIFICANTLY more time than Greg Oden at the same point in their careers.

Last edited:
I highly doubt the Sixers move Saric

If they believe Joel is healthy then Jah and Noel are both expendable because Joel will be a stud

My fear is we get 30 games of Joel dominating then he misses a game and it spirals downhill again
i have my doubts that embiid will be the same, dude has missed so much time

therapy, working out and running drills is no substitute for game speed

theyre in a tough spot, cause they either trade noel and have no defensive insurance or trade okafor and hope Simmons can beast and become the scorer in the post they'd lose if they trade okafor

okufor will be better than embiid...embiid has bust written all over him sam bowie/greg oden 2.0 ..you couldnt get a lotto pick for him rt now but okufor u could

Sixers could make things a lot easier on themselves by taking Ingram. You'd have to do a trade on draft night most likely and in the event you give both Noel and Jah away and Joel never plays or comes anything close to what he's supposed to be, then you've screwed yourself for another decade.

It's hard to call him a bust without playing one game in the NBA. Way too early to say that. I'd give him at least another 2 years to determine that.

The problem they have is a good problem..forget taking a second option because it fits better with what you got.

It's a terrific problem to have no doubt. But the gap between the 2 guys isn't so wide that you won't end up getting a star either way I think.

I still like Ingram more than Simmons. Not even cuz of the need thing either. Simmons is much bigger reward vs risk than Ingram. I think Ingram could be a productive 20+ ppg in the future on ANY of the top 3 teams. Simmons i cant really say for

Agreed, there are a lot of unknowns with Simmons and I absolutely hate that there is no clear cut #1.

I'd wait until the trade deadline to move Jah or Noel.

Embiid has missed 164 games out of a possible 164 games. He needs to show me that he can string together several months of games without missing an extended period of time before I move a highly touted prospect that has shown promise.

Embiid has missed SIGNIFICANTLY more time than Greg Oden at the same point in their careers.

I hear ya but either way jah and nerlens can't coexist regardless of Joel and they aren't doing themselves any favors by playing together, only hurting their stock. With a healthy* embiid it's just another mouth to feed and compounds the issue. Logjam city.

My guess is that Philly takes Simmons, packages saric and jah and prays for the best with embiid and hopes he can stay healthy and play some power forward. If he can't play the 4 they're back to square one with two 5s that can't coexist and have diminishing value the longer they stay together.

Why would Philly even trade saric when he hasn't played a min in the league yet ?

Because they would have simmons

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom