The NBA Draft Thread

Everyone with generational talent has been able to lead his team to some sort of success regardless of talent and coaching. Ben couldn't lead his team to a tournament where 64 or so teams make it. I'm sorry but that's a huge red flag to me. I'd still take him 1, but I'm not calling him a generational anything

Elite prospects of the last 10 yrs with questionable jumpers off the top of my head. Criteria is 20 years or younger and top five picks.

2007 - Conley...Improved
2008 - Rose/Westbrook...Improved
2009 - Griffin...Improved...Evans...Didn't
2010 - Wall...Improved
2011 - ?
2012 - MKG/Waiters...Improved, but SSS. Waiters...not really sure because his shot selection sucks.
2013 - Oladipo...Maybe?
2014 - Wiggins/Gordon/Exum...Too early
2015 - Russell is fine. Porzingis is good with respective to bigs.

Last edited:
Okafor's defense is the only thing thats laughable bruh

Brad Stevens not saving or scheming that away
I am aware Okafor's defense is laughable, however, it wouldn't be worse than what is already there, and his offense would be immensely better than what is there.

I like Nerlens as a player, but I'm certainly not giving up the #3 pick for him. I'm not really sure if he's a starter on a good team.

Also, Sully is not going to be on the team next year.

I am aware Okafor's defense is laughable, however, it wouldn't be worse than what is already there, and his offense would be immensely better than what is there.

I like Nerlens as a player, but I'm certainly not giving up the #3 pick for him. I'm not really sure if he's a starter on a good team.

Depending on what they have to give up, Bradley, Smart and Crowder can make up for his deficiencies because they force so many turnovers and prevent players to get into the paint to begin with.

Last edited:
Depending on what they have to give up, Bradley, Smart and Crowder can make up for his deficiencies because they force so many turnovers and prevent players to get into the paint to begin with.
This is more along my thinking. Would still like an athletic 4 of some sort though.

Last edited:

Noel is the flexible play because he's athletic enough to play 4.... if you are gonna commit to Okafor aka BigAl 2.0 you'll have to live with 1/5 2/5 PnR pretty much all game :lol:

His 20ppg will be nice tho don't get me wrong.

Last edited:
Noel is the flexible play because he's athletic enough to play 4.... if you are gonna commit to Okafor aka BigAl 2.0 you'll have to live with 1/5 2/5 PnR pretty much all game :lol:

His 20ppg will be nice tho don't get me wrong.
I feel like I'd rather draft Bender than have Noel.

No question for me....

Ingram fits with EVERYONE we have.

I mean what do the Lakers really have? There's a reason y'all are drafting at #2

I draft the player I think has the biggest upside
USATSI_8367236.jpg

Ingram and Simmons aren't even close

Ingram wouldn't have done squat in that LSU situation
I don't really understand why people are laughing at this. Ingram brings nothing to the game other than scoring. He's a poor rebounder and doesn't bring much else to the table. Simmons averaged 19 a game. Ingram probably isn't scoring much more than that. That LSU team was doomed from the beginning. Swapping Simmons for Ingram would've done nothing for them.
7 boards a night is "poor"?

And yeah, as of today. he's all offense. But what you are in year 1 isn't necessarily who you're gonna be for your entire career.

His measurements are off the charts. He has the tools to be a good to great defender. That's on Luke & his assistants.

And he's gonna peak at 19 a night? I couldn't disagree more with that.

you said you really, really want Simmons a couple months ago now it's changed?

What the hell are you talking about? I've said every day in here in taking Ben 100 times out of 100. A page ago I said I still hope he tries and forces his way to LA. How is that changing?

7 boards a night is "poor"?

And yeah, as of today. he's all offense. But what you are in year 1 isn't necessarily who you're gonna be for your entire career.

His measurements are off the charts. He has the tools to be a good to great defender. That's on Luke & his assistants.

And he's gonna peak at 19 a night? I couldn't disagree more with that.
The comment that you quoted was really me talking about Ingram not making that LSU team any better than Simmons did. I don't really see how that can be argued...

Ingram got those rebounds because other than the crappy Plumlee, he was the only one with any height on the team.

He has great length, which will be helpful on D, but until he puts on about 40 pounds, he is going to be eaten alive by NBA small forwards.

I am certainly not saying he is peaking at 19. I think he's a great prospect. I just wouldn't take him over Simmons.

What the hell are you talking about? I've said every day in here in taking Ben 100 times out of 100. A page ago I said I still hope he tries and forces his way to LA. How is that changing?

my bad it seemed you were arguing for Ingram over Simmons recently

"It’s not as if the 76ers need to get to know Simmons to decide if they want him. Simmons was born and raised in Australia, where 76ers director of performance research and development David T. Martin was an iconic sports-science leader until leaving the Australian Institute of Sport for Philadelphia in 2015.

Sixers head coach Brett Brown also coached Simmons’ father, Dave, with the Melbourne Tigers. All of that history with Simmons has allayed any concerns over his attitude and inconsistent motor during his one season at LSU."

Did not know this.

Just in terms of fit IMO for each team:

Sixers-Simmons
Lakers- Ingram
Celtics-Trade (Hield)
Suns- Bender- not going anywhere so should draft the most potential here
Wolves- Murray- Need a legitimate 2 that can stretch and compliment AW
Pelicans-Sabonis (reach i know may want to trade down to get rid of a contract) - But is there a team more desperate for a big that can do everything that Dom can do?
Nuggets- Labessiere- They have all the "dirty work"guys they could use a floor spacing big
Kings- Dunn- Obvious if he's there

Last edited:
"It’s not as if the 76ers need to get to know Simmons to decide if they want him. Simmons was born and raised in Australia, where 76ers director of performance research and development David T. Martin was an iconic sports-science leader until leaving the Australian Institute of Sport for Philadelphia in 2015.

Sixers head coach Brett Brown also coached Simmons’ father, Dave, with the Melbourne Tigers. All of that history with Simmons has allayed any concerns over his attitude and inconsistent motor during his one season at LSU."

Did not know this.

I thought this was common knowledge even more reason I want him

if the Sixers fired Brett then I would boycott this season, I drug my *** down to like 20 games over the past couple seasons and that man deserves a medal

Back
Top Bottom