The NBA Draft Thread

It's really difficult to say anything at this point because Philly is a blank slate. I believe you can get away with Simmons as a non-threat from the perimeter, but he's got to be surrounded with better shooting (Covington is okay, Stauskas maybe?). Giving him the ball will alleviate some of the spacing because the ball has gravity to pull defenders.
This is where you trade Okafor for #3 and draft Murray/Buddy/Dunn if you're Philly.

philly really should do this.

Where is the thought process behind Ingram only being a Shooter ?

He shoots VASTLY better than Simmons, handles the rock better, has shown ability to not only get to the rack but be able to create in the post using his size, At this point he is a better defender also. Not to mention there's two guys with his measurements who can handle the ball the way he does & shoot, those two guys are PG & KD.

We are talking about a 6'10 player who already has ability to score all over the floor, has the physical attributes to be one of the best defenders in the league, and has the fluidity of a guard... yet we are acting like he's just a shooter ?

Fax B.

He shoots VASTLY better than Simmons, handles the rock better, has shown ability to not only get to the rack but be able to create in the post using his size, At this point he is a better defender also. Not to mention there's two guys with his measurements who can handle the ball the way he does & shoot, those two guys are PG & KD.

We are talking about a 6'10 player who already has ability to score all over the floor, has the physical attributes to be one of the best defenders in the league, and has the fluidity of a guard... yet we are acting like he's just a shooter ?
:wow:

sure sounds like you like Ingram more
To a moron maybe.

I'm speaking on a specific skill. You're the one that can only internalize these conversations on "who's better" or who like's who better.

I'm not the one making this a Ingram vs Simmons thing. You are. 

I simply said you're gloss over the fact that Ingram's shooting ability is a primary factor in what makes one of the 2 blue chip prospects in this draft. I never dismissed Ben Simmon's skillset or suggested that Ingram is or will be a better player.

Last edited:
no way boston can keep this pick right? 
Zero chance. Need to get a proven commodity here (I want Okafor). Next year's draft is going to be full of big time wings and guards. Nets pick should be in top 5 again. Free agent class is much better next summer as well.

To a moron maybe.

I'm speaking on a specific skill. You're the one that can only internalize these conversations on "who's better" or who like's who better.

I'm not the one making this a Ingram vs Simmons thing. You are. 

I simply said you're gloss over the fact that Ingram's shooting ability is a primary factor in what makes one of the 2 blue chip prospects in this draft. I never dismissed Ben Simmon's skillset or suggested that Ingram is or will be a better player.

since I am a moron

who you taking if you had the #1 pick then?

Simmons IS the better playmaker, but Ingram isn't a slouch in regards to making plays either. He displayed good ball handling, decision making and passing.

I feel like this is completely glossing over the fact that they don't play the same position. Simmons is a power forward that can put the ball on the floor like a wing and pass like a point guard. He is going to be a big time mismatch for opposing PFs trying to guard him...

And I've been on the Simmons train from jump, still holding out hope he forces his way to Los Angeles ala Kobe. But saying him and Ingram aren't close is a reach.

No ALA but philly might give him the best chance to be the point forward he wants to be. From a basketball standpoint, I'd stay if I were him

I wonder how many people commenting here actually watched Ingram play the 2nd half of last season.

What worries me about Simmons is that he's been able to dominate off pure athleticism in college, and pushing the rock in transition... based off what iv'e seen in breakdowns, he doesn't have much of a postgame, doesn't shoot well, and it seems to be several questions on how bad he really wants it. He's extremely atletic but dudes are acting as if homie has Lebron potential and that IMO is crazy.

And I've been on the Simmons train from jump, still holding out hope he forces his way to Los Angeles ala Kobe. But saying him and Ingram aren't close is a reach.

No ALA but philly might give him the best chance to be the point forward he wants to be. From a basketball standpoint, I'd stay if I were him
Said this in the Lakers thread, he'll have to share the ball in LA. In Philly, if they can find a taker for Okafor, he'll likely get to dominate the ball. Or at least more than in LA.

Agreed.

All I know is if we pick Simmons then we probably need to trade BOTH Okafor and Noel unless we demote Noel to coming off the bench as Embiid insurance cause Simmons is a 4 in today's NBA. You put him at the 3 with Noel and Embiid at the 4 and 5 and you're just asking for failur. The floor spacing would still be atrocious. Then you'd also have Saric that does the exact same things as Simmons finally coming over and who knows what type of role you put him in.

And I'm 110% positive that our roster is going to look entirely different besides like 4 guys so please stop listing Stauskas, Grant, Covington, etc as possibly starters alongside these guys. Next year the Sixers will be fielding an actual competitive NBA team. They didn't bring in the Colangelos and MDA and fire Hinkie to keep the D-League band together.

Last edited:
What worries me about Simmons is that he's been able to dominate off pure athleticism in college, and pushing the rock in transition... based off what iv'e seen in breakdowns, he doesn't have much of a postgame, doesn't shoot well, and it seems to be several questions on how bad he really wants it. He's extremely atletic but dudes are acting as if homie has Lebron potential and that IMO is crazy.
I know I'm certainly not comparing him to Bron. I do feel like you guys are basically anointing Ingram as the next KD though.

Simmons is a generational talent and Ingram has an all star ceiling IMO

I am taking the guy who with the highest ceiling and that is Simmons

If he maxes out his potential he can be Lebron lite. If not he's Lamar Odom. Different degrees of effectiveness. Ingram could be KD/PG lite with him maxing out his. He may have a lower floor though for sure.

Agreed.

All I know is if we pick Simmons then we probably need to trade BOTH Okafor and Noel unless we demote Noel to coming off the bench as Embiid insurance cause Simmons is a 4 in today's NBA. You put him at the 3 with Noel and Embiid at the 4 and 5 and you're just asking for failur. The floor spacing would still be atrocious. Then you'd also have Saric that does the exact same things as Simmons finally coming over and who knows what type of role you put him in.

And I'm 110% positive that our roster is going to look entirely different besides like 4 guys so please stop listing Stauskas, Grant, Covington, etc as possibly starters alongside these guys. Next year the Sixers will be fielding an actual competitive NBA team. They didn't bring in the Colangelos and MDA and fire Hinkie to keep the D-League band together.

Noel is a bench player on a championship caliber team

Agreed.

I liked Stauskas coming into the NBA and do think Covington and Grant are rotation players. :\

I feel like this is completely glossing over the fact that they don't play the same position. Simmons is a power forward that can put the ball on the floor like a wing and pass like a point guard. He is going to be a big time mismatch for opposing PFs trying to guard him...

he will be a mismatch in transition yes... once he gets into that halfcourt set however he hasn't really shown me anything as far as being able to convert on his physical advantages.

also i think we are negating the fact that a 6'10 SF with guard like handle who can shoot is possibly the biggest mismatch you can have in the league. Not to mention having a guy with his length and quickness on defense, in a league that is being heavily dominated by pick & roll & perimeter play is also very valuable.

Agreed.

And I'm 110% positive that our roster is going to look entirely different besides like 4 guys so please stop listing Stauskas, Grant, Covington, etc as possibly starters alongside these guys. Next year the Sixers will be fielding an actual NBA. They didn't bring in the Colangelos and MDA and fire Hinkie to keep the D-League band together.
And if they are ok with Embid's health, they absolutely should trade BOTH Okafor and Noel. It's kind of the whole point of Hinkie's process. Accumulate assets that you can then use once you have that player that you can build around. You now can get Simmons and pair him with Embid. Now move Okafor/Noel for guys that can shoot the ball.

And if they are ok with Embid's health, they absolutely should trade BOTH Okafor and Noel. It's kind of the whole point of Hinkie's process. Accumulate assets that you can then use once you have that player that you can build around. You now can get Simmons and pair him with Embid. Now move Okafor/Noel for guys that can shoot the ball.

agree 100%

Noel is what he is, a solid role player and he can't play with Jah, they showed that this year

I would move them both if they are confident in Joel's health

I would really like to study the prospects over the years where people said "Once he fixes/improves his jumper...".

Kawhi is the obvious optimist example, but he's such an outlier.
I would really like to study the prospects over the years where people said "Once he fixes/improves his jumper...".

Kawhi is the obvious optimist example, but he's such an outlier.

There is so much more guys to the other side of that...

MCW, MKG, Kendall Marshall, Derrick Williams, Evan Turner all come to mind right away :lol:

Embid would actually have to play in an actual NBA game before I deal Jah. Dude could very well be Greg Oden.

Back
Top Bottom