The NBA Draft Thread

if you are the lakers, you take buddy hield and don't look back.
roll.gif

I like Ingram a lot, and him being a full year younger than Simmons is huge. However, Simmons does literally everything substantially better than Ingram, other than shooting. I think you can teach Simmons to get a respectable jumper. Will it ever be as fluid as Ingrams, no, not a chance. But things like Simmons' passing cannot be taught.

Also, Duke would have been a better team had they had Simmons in place of Ingram, IMO. LSU would've still been what they were.

He doesn't shoot better, handle better, have an all around offensive game, and he can't guard the perimeter as good either.... Ingram Vs simmons is real close potential wise. And as a Fan of the Lakers who already has a Pure PG along With Randle who is good in transition/ passing himself i'm all the way sold on Ingram.

He doesn't shoot better, handle better, have an all around offensive game, and he can't guard the perimeter as good either.... Ingram Vs simmons is real close potential wise. And as a Fan of the Lakers who already has a Pure PG along With Randle who is good in transition/ passing himself i'm all the way sold on Ingram.
Yeah I mean, I completely agree with you with the fit. I don't see how you really play Randle and Simmons together. I'm also not really sold on either Ingram or Simmons defensive skills, to be honest....

Yeah I mean, I completely agree with you with the fit. I don't see how you really play Randle and Simmons together. I'm also not really sold on either Ingram or Simmons defensive skills, to be honest....

Ingram as of now is 6'10 and a standing reach of 7'3 along with being very fluid at his size, he won't come in playing great defense but he has all the tools and more importantly based off what i've seen he at the very least shows the effort to get it done

Ingram is a better shooter and that's it

His shot is fixable like Lebron or Kawhi, he's not Evan Turner who would never be able to shoot

10 years from now you'll see who is the better player barring injury

Last edited:
Ingram and Simmons aren't even close

Ingram wouldn't have done squat in that LSU situation
I don't really understand why people are laughing at this. Ingram brings nothing to the game other than scoring. He's a poor rebounder and doesn't bring much else to the table. Simmons averaged 19 a game. Ingram probably isn't scoring much more than that. That LSU team was doomed from the beginning. Swapping Simmons for Ingram would've done nothing for them.

I love Ingram and I'd want him on my team.. but if I had the choice I'm taking Simmons 100% of the time. He's got a crazy skillset, his body is already NBA ready whereas Ingram has a long way to go to play the 3 in the league.

I don't really understand why people are laughing at this. Ingram brings nothing to the game other than scoring. He's a poor rebounder and doesn't bring much else to the table. Simmons averaged 19 a game. Ingram probably isn't scoring much more than that. That LSU team was doomed from the beginning. Swapping Simmons for Ingram would've done nothing for them.

This is just like all the people saying take Beasley over Rose

Granted Rose's career was derailed by injury but it's clear 8 years later Rose's talent level crapped all over Beasley's

You can't just gloss over the fact that Ingram is "only a better shooter". It is THE most coveted skill in the NBA right now. 

That's a pretty significant advantage. Simmons jumpshot will determine his career trajectory. We can go back and pick out 500 players who got the "if he gets a jumpshot" label who never actually got that jumpshot. 

i want to see simmons flourish. if philly drafts him, they need to clean up that team and run simmons at point like the greek freak in milwaukee.

You can't just gloss over the fact that Ingram is "only a better shooter". It is THE most coveted skill in the NBA right now. 

That's a pretty significant advantage. Simmons jumpshot will determine his career trajectory. We can go back and pick out 500 players who got the "if he gets a jumpshot" label who never actually got that jumpshot. 

No I really can gloss right over it because his shot can be fixed, he's better in every other category

You surround him with a couple shooters and he makes them and the offense better, Christ at 6'10 this dude could run the point

The shooting crap is so tired

There's also 500 players you can find that all they do is shoot and they're of no value.. Ala jimmer and nik stauskas

Hope Simmons gets out of Philly the first chance he gets. Jah too, they deserve better.

We also need to take into account that they do play different positions. Obviously Simmons needs to get some sort of jumper going, but I think he will be able to come in and play the 4 pretty successfully from the jump...

There's also 500 players you can find that all they do is shoot and they're of no value.. Ala jimmer and nik stauskas
You just picked two guys who struggle with size and speed of NBA defenders. Shooting is a skill. The ability to get your shot off is another. Ingram is 6'9 and an NBA caliber athlete. So how exactly did you pick those 2 names when discussing Ingram?

Back
Top Bottom