The NBA Draft Thread

I would really like to study the prospects over the years where people said "Once he fixes/improves his jumper...".

Kawhi is the obvious optimist example, but he's such an outlier.

No I really can gloss right over it because his shot can be fixed, he's better in every other category

You surround him with a couple shooters and he makes them and the offense better, Christ at 6'10 this dude could run the point

The shooting crap is so tired
The most coveted skill in the modern NBA is "tired"?

Ok.

I would really like to study the prospects over the years where people said "Once he fixes/improves his jumper...".

except almost all of who you would include don't have elite talent in every other area of their skillset

Blake is another one, kinda.

There's also 500 players you can find that all they do is shoot and they're of no value.. Ala jimmer and nik stauskas

You just picked two guys who struggle with size and speed of NBA defenders. Shooting is a skill. The ability to get your shot off is another. Ingram is 6'9 and an NBA caliber athlete. So how exactly did you pick those 2 names when discussing Ingram?
You mentioned shooting being the most coveted skill in the NBA right now tho..... Not once did I compare them to Ingram. Can you find where I did

Last edited:
Who is Ingram going to be able to guard in the league? NBA SFs are going to eat him alive until he SIGNIFICANTLY bulks up.

Last edited:
You mentioned shooting being the most coveted skill in the NBA tho.....
What do you not understand about what I just said about the ability to get that shot off? 

Part of my "shooting is the most coveted skill" is the ability to shoot vs NBA caliber defenders. 

Last edited:
I think Simmons is the clear number 1. Can't go wrong with Ingram at 2 though. Don't really see what the argument is.

It is though really, if you can't it's hard to stay on the floor in this pace and space league now.
Thing is, you can construct a team around Simmons in which he doesn't necessarily have to be the one shooting 3s. He's a power forward that can bring up the ball and find the open man or just go right to the basket...

Thing is, you can construct a team around Simmons in which he doesn't necessarily have to be the one shooting 3s. He's a power forward that can bring up the ball and find the open man or just go right to the basket...

I agree, I don't see how Philly does that anytime soon with the 7 bigs they have but in theory you're correct.

simmons don't have to become curry..as long as he can knock down a 10-18 foot jumper like Blake griffin and A.Davis he'll be fine..

Last edited:
so you said this yesterday and now you are arguing with me that Ingram is a better player because his shoot is better?
roll.gif
SHOW ME ONCE where I said Ingram was the better player. I am strictly commenting on your comment of him "only being a better shooter" as if that's some insignificant factor. I never once said Ingram > Simmons

You dudes love to argue just to argue. You're reading what you want to read.

It is though really, if you can't it's hard to stay on the floor in this pace and space league now.
It's really difficult to say anything at this point because Philly is a blank slate. I believe you can get away with Simmons as a non-threat from the perimeter, but he's got to be surrounded with better shooting (Covington is okay, Stauskas maybe?). Giving him the ball will alleviate some of the spacing because the ball has gravity to pull defenders.

Stillin don't waste your time bro :smh:

Simmons is the clear cut pick. Mind as well put buddy or Murray up there for consideration since they can shoot.

You can't just gloss over the fact that Ingram is "only a better shooter". It is THE most coveted skill in the NBA right now. 

That's a pretty significant advantage. Simmons jumpshot will determine his career trajectory. We can go back and pick out 500 players who got the "if he gets a jumpshot" label who never actually got that jumpshot. 

sure sounds like you like Ingram more

It's really difficult to say anything at this point because Philly is a blank slate. I believe you can get away with Simmons as a non-threat from the perimeter, but he's got to be surrounded with better shooting (Covington is okay, Stauskas maybe?). Giving him the ball will alleviate some of the spacing because the ball has gravity to pull defenders.
This is where you trade Okafor for #3 and draft Murray/Buddy/Dunn if you're Philly.

You would think this is common sense. And this is all I was referring to...but ppl who can't understand these concepts can only revert to player A vs player B arguments...when that was never the issue.

And I've been on the Simmons train from jump, still holding out hope he forces his way to Los Angeles ala Kobe. But saying him and Ingram aren't close is a reach.

Where is the thought process behind Ingram only being a Shooter ?

He shoots VASTLY better than Simmons, handles the rock better, has shown ability to not only get to the rack but be able to create in the post using his size, At this point he is a better defender also. Not to mention there's two guys with his measurements who can handle the ball the way he does & shoot, those two guys are PG & KD.

We are talking about a 6'10 player who already has ability to score all over the floor, has the physical attributes to be one of the best defenders in the league, and has the fluidity of a guard... yet we are acting like he's just a shooter ?

Back
Top Bottom