The NBA Draft Thread

I would say MKG looks to have improved his J. Derrick Williams might have had the greatest fluke shooting season at Arizona. :lol:

You're right on MCW and Turner though. Oh hey, Sixers!

if the Celtics wanna give us the #3 pick for Jah, done deal if I am the GM

Simmons and Murray here we come

A Covington/ Simmons/ Noel front court should work. You'd have to play a Canaan type at PG if you're giving Ben the pill. Draft buddy at #3 and viola: you're now a 25 win team with upside

no way boston can keep this pick right? 
Zero chance. Need to get a proven commodity here (I want Okafor). Next year's draft is going to be full of big time wings and guards. Nets pick should be in top 5 again. Free agent class is much better next summer as well.
The Celtics media and front office ain't talking that next year **** though. The owner Wyc Grousbek is telling anyone who asks that THIS is the offseason to make that leap. Even Isaiah Thomas was toeing that same company line last night about this summer being the right time to get out from mediocrity.

They're trying to cash it all in. You know how aggressive Danny is. I could be wrong, but it feels like if presented a choice, they'd rather keep the pick and take a chance vs. trading for Okafor.

And would it be straight up or what other parts are involved? Getting both teams to agree on value for Jah and #3 pick might be tough.

@JD617 your thoughts after last night? Where do you want to see y'all go from here?

I would say MKG looks to have improved his J. Derrick Williams might have had the greatest fluke shooting season at Arizona. :lol:

You're right on MCW and Turner though. Oh hey, Sixers!

Bruh I was pro Derrick over Myrie because of that :lol:

I'll admit completely wrong.

MKG might have the most broken shot I've ever seen, props to him for coming this far :pimp:

Embid would actually have to play in an actual NBA game before I deal Jah. Dude could very well be Greg Oden.
Embiid's health is an enormous factor in this process. If he can be healthy, you can move Okafor/Noel and really accelerate this process to becoming a good team. If he's Oden, you have to keep Okafor and now lost your biggest tradable asset...

Simmons is a generational talent and Ingram has an all star ceiling IMO

I am taking the guy who with the highest ceiling and that is Simmons

That's where we differ, when i think of generational talent i think of KD, LBJ, Rose etc etc... simmons is indeed an elite Athlete, but as of now it's that & floor vision as his biggest attributes... His finishing is below average, shooting, ability to create space from his defender... added in with the constant talk of him not really being hungry. I see him being an All Star.

I liked Stauskas coming into the NBA and do think Covington and Grant are rotation players. :\

I don't think they're terrible players but none of them will be starters besides MAYBE Covington.

I'd like us to trade Okafor for that #3 pick and grab Murray, then we need a starting PG. A guy I would say would be a good target for this would be Brandon Knight. Could probably buy low on him since the Suns have Bledsoe and Booker as the backcourt of the future there.

Knight
Murray
*free agent or traded player*
Simmons
Embiid/Noel

yeah all these players have about half the talent of Simmons

??? MKG is an ELITE athlete, Williams although not being as quick was also a phenominal Athlete & atleast in college showed potential with his shot.

what other worldly skill does Simmons possess ?

??? MKG is an ELITE athlete, Williams although not being as quick was also a phenominal Athlete & atleast in college showed potential with his shot.

You really gonna group those with players with Simmons though?

None of those were the prospect Simmons is

You really gonna group those with players with Simmons though?

None of those were the prospect Simmons is

No one was comparing "talent" we were talking jumpers

The Celtics media and front office ain't talking that next year **** though. The owner Wyc Grousbek is telling anyone who asks that THIS is the offseason to make that leap. Even Isaiah Thomas was toeing that same company line last night about this summer being the right time to get out from mediocrity.

They're trying to cash it all in. You know how aggressive Danny is. I could be wrong, but it feels like if presented a choice, they'd rather keep the pick and take a chance vs. trading for Okafor.

And would it be straight up or what other parts are involved? Getting both teams to agree on value for Jah and #3 pick might be tough.

@JD617
your thoughts after last night? Where do you want to see y'all go from here?
Okafor isn't my most ideal player to get, because of his defensive inefficiencies, but he is a proven 20 PPG scorer and he's 20 years old. Celts currently have no inside presence. They are in dire need of a center, and I do not want to give big money to Dwight or Whiteside. In order to get Boogie or Butler or someone like that, we would really have to give up the entire future because we don't currently have enough talent that other teams would want. I'm not sure this is the smartest idea...

y'all should want Noel IMO

He would be killer playing with IT, and opposite Sully and Olynek as floor spacer

Noel is the guy you want

I'd take oak if I were Boston. I think he's a tremendous talent and will be cheap. I don't think butler becomes available and I'm cool on cousins and his attitudes. I'm sure oaks defensive problems can be schemed around

Would you feel this way if LA had the number one pick.

110% percent, I don't want ANYTHING to do with simmons (mostly because his set of skills clashes with EVERYONES skills)

But in all honesty outside of being an Elite Athlete and great passer for a big, what other part of his game makes him a generational talent. This is a serious question, It's not like he Went to college & DESTROYED the comp (Ala KD, Melo)... i absolutely believe he's gonna grow into a good player, but from the outside he Has A LOT of things to work on in order to become a star. Ingram i feel has a superior set of tools already, i just think they need to be refined and worked on more.

Back
Top Bottom