The NBA Draft Thread

my bad it seemed you were arguing for Ingram over Simmons recently

Not at all. I was trying to point out the fact that you saying them not being close is inaccurate. And the fact that teams don't always draft BPA, being an Eagles fan you should know this.

Not at all. I was trying to point out the fact that you saying them not being close is inaccurate. And the fact that teams don't always draft BPA, being an Eagles fan you should know this.

Well I think they aren't close and that's my opinion

Eagles shots being taken :lol:

Wasn't a shot at all, there's just different approaches to drafting. As much as I love Ben, he's far from a perfect prospect. There are discernible weaknesses in his game.

I like Ingram a lot, and him being a full year younger than Simmons is huge. However, Simmons does literally everything substantially better than Ingram, other than shooting.

Also, Duke would have been a better team had they had Simmons in place of Ingram, IMO. LSU would've still been what they were.

Defending & Rebounding you think Simmons does substantially better than Ingram ?

Also the if Ben was at Duke and Brandon was at LSU argument /scenario need to go away :lol:

You can point out how Simmons is a reluctant shooter, that's fact. On the other hand he can handle and run end to end with the ball, distribute like a guard at that big size? I'm still taking that #1

Questions about his hunger and the non clutchness don't really raise any flags. He is a basketball junkie once he gets to the league I don't think anyone will care about the months he spent at lsu. I believe some folks are looking into the one season in college a little too deeply

Being clutch in college has nothing to do with being clutch in the pros. With better coaching I don't worry about him in the clutch

People act as if Simmons did nothing at LSU

All you Ingram lovers can have him, there's one in every draft

Last edited:
No one is trashing Ingram I said his ceiling is a perennial all star

Salty Lakers fans just mad they weren't given the #1 pick

Last edited:
Who is saying that? I literally think you have a comprehension problem.
Easily.

Ppl are in here discussions specific nuances of each player's game since they're the only 2 blue chip prospects...and dude reverts right back to "omg you think Ingram is better than Simmons!?" every time. To him...saying Ben Simmons can't shoot and Ingram can is the same as saying "Ingram should go #1".

Last edited:
Boston gonna roll the dice on bender? They don't need to take another guard lol... Or do they?

I don't know how much value they'd get by trading the pick but like others have said id try that first

110% percent, I don't want ANYTHING to do with simmons (mostly because his set of skills clashes with EVERYONES skills)

But in all honesty outside of being an Elite Athlete and great passer for a big, what other part of his game makes him a generational talent. This is a serious question, It's not like he Went to college & DESTROYED the comp (Ala KD, Melo)... i absolutely believe he's gonna grow into a good player, but from the outside he Has A LOT of things to work on in order to become a star. Ingram i feel has a superior set of tools already, i just think they need to be refined and worked on more.

I feel the same exact way bout Simmons but if things go right with him then he def can be a better player than Ingram. I still want Ingram tho lol

"It’s not as if the 76ers need to get to know Simmons to decide if they want him. Simmons was born and raised in Australia, where 76ers director of performance research and development David T. Martin was an iconic sports-science leader until leaving the Australian Institute of Sport for Philadelphia in 2015.

Sixers head coach Brett Brown also coached Simmons’ father, Dave, with the Melbourne Tigers. All of that history with Simmons has allayed any concerns over his attitude and inconsistent motor during his one season at LSU."

Did not know this.

Well this makes me a feel a lil better bout drafting Simmons

IMO If the Sixers want to draft Simmons they will draft him.

That LSU saga was a hit on his image and he's already getting low balled on these sneaker deals. I don't think he can afford the hatred that would come with publicly forcing his way to the Lakers.

What is he going to go? He's not John Elway, he's not going to play baseball. :lol:

Man Philly ain't been **** since AI left
says a Knicks fan
You drinking at the job man?  It's pretty obvious from all his replies he's a Lakers fan.

You're off today, chief. Ain't retaining **** out here.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom