The NBA Draft Thread

I like Ingram a lot, and him being a full year younger than Simmons is huge. However, Simmons does literally everything substantially better than Ingram, other than shooting. I think you can teach Simmons to get a respectable jumper. Will it ever be as fluid as Ingrams, no, not a chance. But things like Simmons' passing cannot be taught.

Also, Duke would have been a better team had they had Simmons in place of Ingram, IMO. LSU would've still been what they were.

Last edited:
Anyone who video tapes his teammates and snitches on them will always be trash.
I don't rock with that incident either and still wouldn't trust that _ if I were his teammate, but you been having this weird *** hating fetish on Russell for a while. Way before the snitching, my dude.

You damn near declared war on D-Lo before last year's draft in those Mudiay vs. D'Angelo point guard debates. Ready to risk it all for your guy Mudiay.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I think Ingram will be better but if Simmons can become a Lamar Odom (without the drug issues and mental lapses) he can be an excellent player for a long time. Unfortunately, the way he disappeared and his unwillingness to take jump shots outside of the paint concern me. Hopefully that's something that develops with maturity.

Lakers gonna be must see tv next year if they get Simmons. Julius is already a homeless mans Simmons. Simmons and his competitiveness issues.

Can't wait for summer league

Don't want to speak for Sixers fans, but I think most of 'em would do that in a heartbeat. Everyone knows that glut of Saric/Noel/Embiid/Jah is bound to get cut up, and Jah feels like the most likely to go.

Everything we've heard about the Celtics suggests they're aiming way, way, way higher than Okafor though. The owner's been talking about "fireworks" for 3 straight years. They're hunting for bigger fish. So they might be looking to package #3 to land a top 20-30 player, but who knows if that's even possible now.

Don't want to speak for Sixers fans, but I think most of 'em would do that in a heartbeat. Everyone knows that glut of Saric/Noel/Embiid/Jah is bound to get cut up, and Jah feels like the most likely to go.

Everything we've heard about the Celtics suggests they're aiming way, way, way higher than Okafor though. The owner's been talking about "fireworks" for 3 straight years. They're hunting for bigger fish. So they might be looking to package #3 to land a top 20-30 player, but who knows if that's even possible now.
I'd love Paul George or Boogie, but I just don't know if we'll be able to swing it. I think Okafor is much more likely.

Sixers fans, y'all cool with sending Jahlil to Boston for #3 and Rozier?

I would most certainly do that deal..But like the other guy said I don't see Boston pulling that trigger..Simmons with Dunn,Murray,or Hield..would be perfect..

NBA Draft to See Simmons Go to Sixers, Say Sources, Leaving Ingram to Lakers

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...o-sixers-say-sources-leaving-ingram-to-lakers

I can't speak for Ding's sources in Philly, but he's the best media insider in regards to the Lakers. He broke the news the Lakers were leaning towards D'Angelo last year.

From that link:
Still, the Lakers will actively explore trading the pick. They want to get better as soon as possible—in part to make sure Philadelphia doesn’t get too good of a pick next year when the Lakers’ first-rounder conveys to the 76ers if it’s outside the top three.

Gonna be interesting. I gotta think there are some teams with serious interest in one of those two who will be sitting there.

Not trading the #2 pick for anything less than an under 30 year old all-star. Options are really limited

1. Don't see Indy trading PG or Sac trading Boogie
2. Not sure if I'd trade it for Jimmy Butler, but that's probably the most realistic trade.
3. Melo. I wouldn't trade the 2nd pick for Melo *shrug*

Any other ideas?

Last edited:
If the Lakers become enamored with Simmons, I wonder what they'd be willing to sacrifice to Philly for him. 

Ingram, Clarkson/Randle for Simmons? 

Ingram is the better fit in just about every conceivable way for the Lakers....

IF Ingram is there they are happy, IF Simmons is there I think it's traded for sure....

It all hinges on whether they want to stay young and keep the pick which I think is 50/50 or trade for a young vet

Last edited:
if you are the lakers, you take buddy hield and don't look back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom