The NBA Draft Thread

No matter the sixers and lakers got top picks they are still years from gettin out of nba basement both teams will be rt back in same spots next year nba rigs draft every year as far back as i remember 97 with duncan screwing the celtics or 92 screwing mavs out of shaq...

Well, the main reason we don't see it as much is because the NBA has re-tooled the lottery process many times over to prevent such things from happening. The first few years, every non-playoff team had an equal shot. Then, they went to a weighted lottery, but the Magic won two years in a row, so they increased the odds for bad teams while decreasing odds for better teams. They've been tinkering with it ever since.

Also, your Tim Duncan example is bad because the Spurs had the third best odds that year. They didn't jump like, say, the Bulls in 2008, who had the ninth worst record and a 1.7% chance at the #1 pick.

The center jokes are funny but it actually has them on a good position right now.

Top pick. Okafor can possibly land you another pick in the top 5 and you still have Noel. Or you can move Noel and get a good return. Plus Saric coming over. And if Embiid is ready, you have high value trade chips everywhere.

Hinkie had to fall on the sword for it but I'd damn sure rather be in the Sixers position right now then most of the other lottery teams.
what r u saying man?

They are still the worst team in the NBA and nothing they'll do will make a drastic change.

As much as I hate to admit it...I agree.
mean.gif
They're stacked. They just need certain **** to fall in place and make the right trade & FA acquisitions.

Brought D'Antoni in the mix to play at a high pace and boost the value up on those assets too.

I feel like Jah might be the one out.
Yeah he's definitely #1 on the odd man out list right now. Noel didn't make a big leap from year 1 to 2 but he was out of position for most of the year and showed he can anchor a defense in his rookie yr. If you're going with Simmons to play the 4, Noel's a better fit next to him. Okafor probably has more trade value right now so it's the best move. 

And if Embiid can walk, then it's even scarier.

Last edited:
Sixers are still a waste...They'll start 4-20 and then tank again. Pitifully ran franchise.

Wolves getting Hield or Dunn. Satisfied.
This is coming from a Minnesota Timberwolves fan.

The Sixers intentionally tried to exploit the NBA's draft lottery system.  It was a strategy.

The Wolves haven't made the playoffs in 12 years and have been completely incompetent during a good amount of that time.

I understand you want to join in on the Sixers slander but you don't have a leg to stand on.

Sixers are still a waste...They'll start 4-20 and then tank again. Pitifully ran franchise.

The Sixers intentionally tried to exploit the NBA's draft lottery system.  It was a strategy.

The Wolves haven't made the playoffs in 12 years and have been completely incompetent during a good amount of that time.

I understand you want to join in on the Sixers slander but you don't have a leg to stand on.
hxdCpt2.gif

Pardon my ignorance but who are the Celtics picking at 3? That pick really doesnt have that much value as a trade piece IMO. Idk **** about anyone outside the top 2 but i doubt anyone in that three slot is contributing next year :smh:

Ainge fleeced the Nets but there's no guarantee with these picks . Celtics are still mediocre for now

It would be :pimp: to bring the nickname jerseys back for certain teams but these greedy owners would sooner rock sleeves/advertisements for monetary reasons :smh:

Not enough players have cool nicknames, man.
I remember the HEAT and Nets both gave struggle nicknames to all of their bench riders. Got to the point where it was just initials :rofl:
I think they should designate a special night for it. Kinda like Latin nights and CNY

Pardon my ignorance but who are the Celtics picking at 3? That pick really doesnt have that much value as a trade piece IMO. Idk **** about anyone outside the top 2 but i doubt anyone in that three slot is contributing next year :smh:

Ainge fleeced the Nets but there's no guarantee with these picks . Celtics are still mediocre for now

Celtics have the assets to trade it for a vet
Could try and get Okafor
Could try to get cousins
Could even try and swing a multi team deal and get k love if the cavs fizzle out and he's the scapegoat
A lot more scenarios will come to light once the finals are done

King James + J. Shuttlesworth + D. Wade + Rio was actually kind of a :pimp: nickname lineup

Udonis and my man Bosh were UD and CB :smh: :lol:

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom