The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

You could argue he jumped Chad as well. Chad was off a fight with Jose some (not me....) said warranted a rematch.

So it could have been Aldo/Edgar back then, with Conor fighting Chad, or even someone like Lamas, for the winner of that fight.

Remember, Frankie was fresh off choking Cub, the #1 contender. And Conor had just beaten.......Denis Siver.

So Frankie should have fought Aldo right there. And Conor could have fought someone else ranked above him. He was at #5 I think on their "rankings" at the time.
Was lamas coming off a loss at that time? He also already had lost decisively to Aldo

Mendes for a third time rematch at that time? I don't buy it man

Aldo had effectively cleaned out the division. It was time to get a new contender

Last edited:
Lamas had just beat Bermudez. And was "ranked" above Conor I believe.

Again, some people did call for another Chad/Aldo fight because the one before was "close" (again, not me....).

So if they made Frankie/Aldo in December as they should have after Frankie beat the "#1 contender" in Cub, then you could argue there were fighters ranked ahead of Conor that he should have fought before getting the title shot. Chad and possibly Lamas.

I understand the draw of a new contender, but I think what some are saying is why have "rankings" if they seem to have no bearing on who fights who.

Last edited:
I'm asking you to provide names of these other fighters Conor skipped over. It's not an argument at all lol I'm simply asking you a question

There are several interviews of Dana saying Conor can choose to fight for either belt, in this interview he says it at the end that Conor can go straight to the title fight at 155 if Conor doesn't want to make 145 next

At this point you're splitting hairs with Conor calling his shots. If Conor said he wanted to fight Diaz do you think Dana says no? If you think Dana says no then you go against what you told me about the Diaz fight not making sense. And how I knew nothing about the UFC

What exactly are you trying to prove?

LMAO ... You know nothing about UFC ... Dana fumbling words and making excuses.

Connor saying he will stay at 145 then he telling Frankie he might leave .. LMAO. Then after the fight the trainer saying he can't make that weight anymore ..but he knew this before hand ... Duck out of here ... Telling Luke why he couldn't fight his Marketable Wideman ... His way of squeezing and protecting.

This dude said he would bring him straight for a title fight pre RDA fighting Cerrone ... Planned back fire cause RDA lost. I'm willing to bet right now that his next fight is at !45 N if not a warm up fight for 155.

Keep listening to Dana ...

Lamas had just beat Bermudez. And was "ranked" above Conor I believe.

Again, some people did call for another Chad/Aldo fight because the one before was "close" (again, not me....).

So if they made Frankie/Aldo in December as they should have after Frankie beat the "#1 contender" in Cub, then you could argue there were fighters ranked ahead of Conor that he should have fought before getting the title shot. Chad and possibly Lamas.

I understand the draw of a new contender, but I think what some are saying is why have "rankings" if they seem to have no bearing on who fights who.
Bruh Stop it ... He just skipped Frankie ...

Like Aldo needed to fight someone, no, it was Connor that had to fight .. not skip.

And in regards to ranking. The fighters are the one taking about it now.

Last edited:
What exactly are you trying to prove?

LMAO ... You know nothing about UFC ... Dana fumbling words and making excuses.

Connor saying he will stay at 145 then he telling Frankie he might leave .. LMAO. Then after the fight the trainer saying he can't make that weight anymore ..but he knew this before hand ... Duck out of here ... Telling Luke why he couldn't fight his Marketable Wideman ... His way of squeezing and protecting.

This dude said he would bring him straight for a title fight pre RDA fighting Cerrone ... Planned back fire cause RDA lost. I'm willing to bet right now that his next fight is at !45 N if not a warm up fight for 155.

Keep listening to Dana ...
If I know nothing about the UFC I wonder what that means for your knowledge

I honestly don't have any idea of what you tried to say here. If you not gonna respect my opinion cool

If I know nothing about the UFC I wonder what that means for your knowledge

I honestly don't have any idea of what you tried to say here. If you not gonna respect my opinion cool
I don't know anything .. so we good. But you didn't prove anything with the video. Just confirmed that Connors only call its whether he stays or move up on class.

What Dana said is IMHO a calculated response that he was hoping paid off.Meaning that he was banking on Cowboy winning. Now that he lost, I'm almost positive that Connor stays at 145 and I'll double or nothing that if he moves up , his first fight will not be RDA .

Again, I know nothing, just educated opinions based on what has happened in the past and Danas ways.

Again, you said Connor was calling shots, but any fighter has that latitude. You said that Connor only skipped Frankie and I left it at that, although I think different.

So don't come saying that I didn't respect it.

I don't know anything .. so we good. But you didn't prove anything with the video. Just confirmed that Connors only call its whether he stays or move up on class.

What Dana said is IMHO a calculated response that he was hoping paid off.Meaning that he was banking on Cowboy winning. Now that he lost, I'm almost positive that Connor stays at 145 and I'll double or nothing that if he moves up , his first fight will not be RDA .

Again, I know nothing, just educated opinions based on what has happened in the past and Danas ways.

Again, you said Connor was calling shots, but any fighter has that latitude. You said that Connor only skipped Frankie and I left it at that, although I think different.

So don't come saying that I didn't respect it.
Well you did say I know nothing about the UFC lol. I don't see how that's a productive comment but I'll ignore it and try to have a convo with you because that's what we do in this thread

Any fighter doesn't have the latitude to get an automatic title shot in a class they've never fought in before. That is a very rare. It will be especially rare if Dana let's Conor keep his belt at 145 while challenging for the 155 belt. That's where I'm getting at, Conor holds the cards right now. Dana is allowing him to choose what he wants to do

As far as who Conor skipped, I'll buy the Lamas name, in terms of they should have fought as an eliminator. As to my point of them needing a new contender, possibly knocking Conor off at that point would have been a risk though

Besides beating Holloway, Poirier was definitely a worthy name as well

People forget Conor ko'd Porier who was ranked #5 at the time

Aldo had already defeated:
Chad 2x
Edgar
Lamas

Chad had to wait 34 months for a rematch

Frankie lost to Aldo Feb 2013

Further more, after he lost to Aldo he had lost 3 straight title fights.

Also Frankie had fought BJ 2x, maynard 2x, bendo 2x

I don't need to see Frankie in another rematch, EVER.

So to say Conor jumped over Edgar, not really, people didn't need to watch Aldo wash Frankie again

Last edited:
That's the win that put him in the #5 spot. His next fight was Siver, who was lower ranked.

Still had several dudes ahead of him.

For the record, the only fights I wanted were either Frankie/Aldo, or Conor/Aldo. And I get that Conor was new blood for Jose and the more marketable fight at the time.

But I would still say there were guys Conor could/should have fought before fighting for the title.

I buy the argument that Conor should have fought one more "name" before his title shot

In terms of "skipping" guys, I only felt Frankie had beef. Everyone else already had their shot at Aldo and failed miserably. Chad fought him nicely but at the time I never recall feeling like a rematch was worthy 

Last edited:
The fight that would have made sense for me is Korean Zombie, who went to the Army, or Lamas while Chad fought Frankie.

Conor fought Chad anyway (though on short notice) to prove his place in a title fight with Aldo

The fight that would have made sense for me is Korean Zombie, who went to the Army, or Lamas while Chad fought Frankie.

Conor fought Chad anyway (though on short notice) to prove his place in a title fight with Aldo

This wouldn't make sense. Someone had to fight Jose.

Either Conor or Frankie. They weren't both going to fight someone else.

And Edgar had just beaten the #1 contender. There was really no reason for him to fight Chad. But he wound up doing it anyway....

Eh....what's done is done. There has been some suspect matchmaking though. Wouldn't be surprised to see more.

Last edited:
Reactions: OTG

Chad 2x
Edgar
Lamas

So to say Conor jumped over Edgar, not really, people didn't need to watch Aldo wash Frankie again
But Why do people keep saying Aldo vs X ... That's not how it works all the time.

More like Connor vs X for a chance at Aldo ...

In regards to Dana saying straight to a title shot. I'm sure he was banking on Cowboy ... Again, I'm willing to bet that Connor is going to fight at 145 and I'll double or nothing if he fights at 155 is going to be someone not name RDA.

That's why I said you know nothing .. Dana is always doing what's beneficial for him, not the fighters. Since UFC had the branding ... Fighters are stuck and at his mercy. If Dana wants you to fight for a title he will ... If Dana wants to murder you he will.

I can't remember what fighter had like 5 straight hard fights .. I believe it was Franklin ... Dana straight murdered dude.

Conor is in a rare position right now, he can do whatever he wants at the moment

In general, yeah, Dana screws guys. Sky is blue

Whether or not Conor fights at 145 he'll be in the driver seat

Chad 2x
Edgar
Lamas

But Why do people keep saying Aldo vs X ... That's not how it works all the time.

More like Connor vs X for a chance at Aldo ...

In regards to Dana saying straight to a title shot. I'm sure he was banking on Cowboy ... Again, I'm willing to bet that Connor is going to fight at 145 and I'll double or nothing if he fights at 155 is going to be someone not name RDA.

That's why I said you know nothing .. Dana is always doing what's beneficial for him, not the fighters. Since UFC had the branding ... Fighters are stuck and at his mercy. If Dana wants you to fight for a title he will ... If Dana wants to murder you he will.

I can't remember what fighter had like 5 straight hard fights .. I believe it was Franklin ... Dana straight murdered dude.

I dIdn't even see that edit that you quoted. Wish I hadn't. :lol:

So now Conor didn't "jump" Edgar?

I understand if you don't want to see a rematch because you're mad that the UFC gave BJ a rematch, because Frankie fought a draw with Gray and because he DID get a rematch against Bendo......

But that shouldn't completely warp reality. Cub was #1. Frankie beat him soundly. Choked him out.

The fact that dudes dwell on **** that happened years before the matter at hand is absurd to me.

Chad fought a much better fight against Aldo the 2nd time? Frankie, who is in the zone right now, couldn't?

If you're going to ignore that reality you're just opening the door for all sorts of ******* when it comes to matchmaking......

Last edited:
Conor is in a rare position right now, he can do whatever he wants at the moment

Seriously ... What rare position is this? Fighters move up and down class ...

I don't put any stock on what Dana said. This question will be put to rest if he jumps to 155 and straight for RDA all while holding on to the 145 belt.

No sport in the right mind would allow this ... What if her losses? He still a champ at 145? Lmao ...

Again, let's sit back and wait.

all of dana's guys are taking Ls. Unless he is gonna put all his money and building up a young sage, conor is the man running the show. nobody fight like he fights or tinks like he tinks. conor is a rare breed.

Last edited:

I don't put any stock on what Dana said. This question will be put to rest if he jumps to 155 and straight for RDA all while holding on to the 145 belt.

No sport in the right mind would allow this ... What if her losses? He still a champ at 145? Lmao ...

I've already stated this, he's in a position where he can fight for the 155 title without having fought a single time in the division, while possibly not having to vacate his 145 belt. Not many fighters have done this

If Cowboy won, the fight would have been made so your point is moot

I've already stated this, he's in a position where he can fight for the 155 title without having fought a single time in the division, while possibly not having to vacate his 145 belt. Not many fighters have done this

If Cowboy won, the fight would have been made so your point is moot

Doubtful. Let's wait and see if that happens. I don't believe he will hold onto both at the same time. So in that sense I don't think he has control.

With time we will see, u gotta remember when dana said these things in post fight, he was hyped up and full of happiness. Wait til the dust settles to see if he feels the same at all. And allowing a champ to move up and challenge for the other belt is not giving them control, hell he gave Frankie the same option at 45 and he wasn't even the champ anymore

We will see soon but ufc ain't giving conor control like that, that's funny to me. No matter how rich he makes em

same thing i've been saying but this is the same organization that gift wrapped a title shot for lesnar
laugh.gif

Doubtful. Let's wait and see if that happens. I don't believe he will hold onto both at the same time. So in that sense I don't think he has control.

With time we will see, u gotta remember when dana said these things in post fight, he was hyped up and full of happiness. Wait til the dust settles to see if he feels the same at all. And allowing a champ to move up and challenge for the other belt is not giving them control, hell he gave Frankie the same option at 45 and he wasn't even the champ anymore

We will see soon but ufc ain't giving conor control like that, that's funny to me. No matter how rich he makes em
Yup we will see. All we can do, I don't know why other dude getting in his feelings over this discussion

If Dana let Conor challenge the 155 belt without vacating the 145 belt I'd consider that giving Conor control. Again, we will see. For now the door is open for Conor either way

They let Frankie do that and he's never went back to 155 since. I also never said it never happens, like I said, it's a rare position

Yup we will see. All we can do, I don't know why other dude getting in his feelings over this discussion

If Dana let Conor challenge the 155 belt without vacating the 145 belt I'd consider that giving Conor control. Again, we will see. For now the door is open for Conor either way

They let Frankie do that and he's never went back to 155 since. I also never said it never happens, like I said, it's a rare position
No one in their feelings playboi ... Just trying to convey logic to you is difficult ..

Keep on playing playa ... Moot point because cowboy didn't win. Lol hahaha bruh ...

Rare position that fighters aren't allowed to move up and down weight as they see fit. Lmao ok. ...

dudes is punch drunk if they think conor fighting nate right now :lol:

conor wants the 55 belt, nothing else right now.

conor vs frankie is a pipe dream right now, cats need to realize that.....conor trying to move forward, he wants a crack at the LW belt first and foremost.

depending on how he do against RDA, that will open up the possibility for frankie, Aldo rematch, possible nate fight....etc...

if conor beat RDA i wouldnt be surprised to see him retire and possibly have one the best UFC runs ever.

WOW Reem :smokin

fought the smart fight, chin didnt get touched once.....jackson wink strikes again

Nate :smokin

mike shoulda kept chopping that leg away in the 2nd, but Nate got to him....amazing

nate look good but he still got nothing for RDA......a fight with Pettis would be dope! :smokin

dood dollaway got KILLED, poor guy got put to sleep with his eyes open....looked literally dead :x

Jurys outta here, lol time for that bellator run :lol:

dope card wow, good year for the UFC im thoroughly impressed

and i didnt pay for a single card :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom