The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Yeah I believe nothing Diaz says lol. Even the UFC isn't dumb enough to do that fight

Btw I didn't realize Frankie's manager also manages rda. What a position this guy is in. He sounds salty as hell

Damn can't post his interview on mobile
Why Diaz vs Connor dumb?

IMHO it would make sense if Conor moves up and fight Diaz (fan favorite) as a welcome to the division ... Then a Cowboy or someone like that is middle of the pack then skip everyone for a big PAYDAY against RDA ...

Like anything there a risk in everything, but in this case is very little .. both Diaz and Cerrone are stiff and slow for Conor .... Once McGregor destroys them he looks legit at the weight class and can skip to RDA ...

Why Diaz vs Connor dumb?

IMHO it would make sense if Conor moves up and fight Diaz (fan favorite) as a welcome to the division ... Then a Cowboy or someone like that is middle of the pack then skip everyone for a big PAYDAY against RDA ...

Like anything there a risk in everything, but in this case is very little .. both Diaz and Cerrone are stiff and slow for Conor .... Once McGregor destroys them he looks legit at the weight class and can skip to RDA ...
The timing of the fight makes zero sense. Conor has two title fights on the table

This ain't about titles , it's about money for ufc.
Y'all know this

Otherwise Frankie woulda been had a deal to fight

Conor ain't passing up the money he can get for a title fight to fight a middling Nate Diaz
LMAO .... You must not know UFC ...

You make zero sense .... Diaz/Cowboy both have a following .. they will generate money. RDA is not a household name ... More like UFC fans know about RDA ... I'm addition, Dana pays his fighters as he see fits ... So whether is a title fight or not .. Dana can make the numbers work.

Lastly Dana main Cash Cow is Conor .. it be the dumbest thing to risk all for just another title ...

At least that's my .02 cents

LMAO .... You must not know UFC ...

You make zero sense .... Diaz/Cowboy both have a following .. they will generate money. RDA is not a household name ... More like UFC fans know about RDA ... I'm addition, Dana pays his fighters as he see fits ... So whether is a title fight or not .. Dana can make the numbers work.

Lastly Dana main Cash Cow is Conor .. it be the dumbest thing to risk all for just another title ...

At least that's my .02 cents
Kanye shrug

Idk, I guess I feel like Conor isn't going to go that route. He's gonna call the shots right now

Diaz vs Conor is a low(er) risk high reward money grab, but horrible timing when you have Frankie doing what he's been doing, and RDA as well. Conor has two legit fights on his hands, one which he should basically be obligated to take considering he's the 145lb champ, so if he picks Nate :smh:

Casual fans will probably love it, but he's holding up a division for a fun fight basically. And btw if Cowboy won yall know that champion vs champion fight woulda been signed off on before Cowboy left the cage. UFC protecting an investment basically, it is what it is.

Diaz vs Conor is a low(er) risk high reward money grab, but horrible timing when you have Frankie doing what he's been doing, and RDA as well. Conor has two legit fights on his hands, one which he should basically be obligated to take considering he's the 145lb champ, so if he picks Nate :smh:

Casual fans will probably love it, but he's holding up a division for a fun fight basically. And btw if Cowboy won yall know that champion vs champion fight woulda been signed off on before Cowboy left the cage. UFC protecting an investment basically, it is what it is.
Yeah, but u can argue that Cerrone and Diaz would be the perfect opponents ... They both are stiff and lack the skills to beat top tier fighters especially Connor .... So lower risk is right ... Let's say he defends the title via rematch or Frankie ... Both of those would be harder fights and if Dana is trying to protect ... He might actually move him up to fight these cats. Pettis RDA hell even Ferguson would be much harder fights ...

Lets see what happens ...

BTW ... I'm just going by what Connor has said in regards to the 145 and 155 class ... He has actually talked a lot about moving up ....

I would like to see him fight Frankie or a what I think is a must, rematch against Aldo ... You can't hold the title for that long and just get clipped and a rematch is not warranted ... Much like Silva against Windman ...

Last edited:
Conor and UFC are trying to get the most out of him and get him to his goal of becoming the highest paid fighter ever. He's mentioned it in the past, it's a process and he's only 27. His fights will be big payday regardless. They are gonna pick wisely, someone who he can beat.

does frankie deserve a title shot? absolutely, but it isn't up to him. i'd go with the nate match because to me, that's an "easier" fight.

Man I just want to see Conor vs. Frankie. If Conor manages to run through him then I'm good with whatever matchup he chooses after that, title, non-title whatever.

You beat Aldo in like 10 seconds and then beat Frankie right after that, you got nothing else to prove at 145.

I have yet to see Conor show any interest in a lower level fight, like ever. Even with the can siver, he was always talking about Aldo. Now that he's champ maybe he goes that route but until then I believe he will continue to go for his goal of two titles as he's always wanted since day 1 in the UFC

Last edited:
Conor and UFC are trying to get the most out of him and get him to his goal of becoming the highest paid fighter ever. He's mentioned it in the past, it's a process and he's only 27. His fights will be big payday regardless. They are gonna pick wisely, someone who he can beat.

does frankie deserve a title shot? absolutely, but it isn't up to him. i'd go with the nate match because to me, that's an "easier" fight.
It is very clear that Connor doesn't call his shots yet.

During the episode of TUF it was stated that he wanted to fight Faber because it was what fans were used to but Dana didn't let it happen.

It was funny to see Dana on the spot when Faber questioned him about it and he was like ahh ahhh and finally said yes ... Lmao

Connor going to bring money anyways ...

I wouldn't be surprise if he fights a Nate on Fox to fulfill contractual obligations (yes it would thought) ...

Man I just want to see Conor vs. Frankie. If Conor manages to run through him then I'm good with whatever matchup he chooses after that, title, non-title whatever.

You beat Aldo in like 10 seconds and then beat Frankie right after that, you got nothing else to prove at 145.
Come on man ... Dana ain't stupid man ... He leaped frog Conor over everyone ... When he had the chance to make Edgar Aldo or even Edgar Connor he passed .. **** that Dana does makes no sense ...

Only reason why Dana made Fat Face vs the Preacher's daughter was because he thought Fat Face would win .... Backfired ....

It is very clear that Connor doesn't call his shots yet.

During the episode of TUF it was stated that he wanted to fight Faber because it was what fans were used to but Dana didn't let it happen.

It was funny to see Dana on the spot when Faber questioned him about it and he was like ahh ahhh and finally said yes ... Lmao

Connor going to bring money anyways ...

I wouldn't be surprise if he fights a Nate on Fox to fulfill contractual obligations (yes it would thought) ...
You can't say Conor doesn't call his shots and use an example from before he took Aldo out lol. Conor is calling all his shots right now. Dana literally told him he can choose the title fight at 145 or 155. That's the definition of calling his shots

Btw, y'all gotta stop the nonsense that Conor skipped all these people. He skipped only Frankie

Last edited:
You can't say Conor doesn't call his shots and use an example from before he took Aldo out lol. Conor is calling all his shots right now. Dana literally told him he can choose the title fight at 145 or 155. That's the definition of calling his shots

Btw, y'all gotta stop the nonsense that Conor skipped all these people. He skipped only Frankie
Wait, when did he call this title fight? It was imminent .. again he leaped frog fighters, even if it was just one (but others) he leap frog them. That's why you even have fighters I'm the UFC questioning the ranking system .... Just a bunch of BS.

Wait, when did he call this title fight? It was imminent .. again he leaped frog fighters, even if it was just one (but others) he leap frog them. That's why you even have fighters I'm the UFC questioning the ranking system .... Just a bunch of BS.
I'm saying Dana literally told Conor to choose his next fight, whether it's defending his belt or challenging for the 155. That is the definition of calling your shots. Dana is at the whim of Conor right now

He didn't leap frog fighters. He leap frogged one fighter. Singular not plural

I'm saying Dana literally told Conor to choose his next fight, whether it's defending his belt or challenging for the 155. That is the definition of calling your shots. Dana is at the whim of Conor right now

He didn't leap frog fighters. He leap frogged one fighter. Singular not plural
Ok ... I'm not about to argue with you man ... Besides Holloway, he literally beat nobody until Mendez and that was a short notice fight for Mendez ... If u think Edgar was the only one then fine ...

Not saying that Connor would lose to any of the others ... But why do we even have rankings.

Please link me to the video where Dana said you pick your next fight at. Defending and 155 is not calling a fight ... Just giving him an option of weight classes. Two very different things ...

Same **** that any fighter contemplating moving up could do.

The real question will be answer if he decides to move up and still hold the title ...

But carry on man ... Difference of opinions I guess ....

Ok ... I'm not about to argue with you man ... Besides Holloway, he literally beat nobody until Mendez and that was a short notice fight for Mendez ... If u think Edgar was the only one then fine ...

Not saying that Connor would lose to any of the others ... But why do we even have rankings.

Please link me to the video where Dana said you pick your next fight at. Defending and 155 is not calling a fight ... Just giving him an option of weight classes. Two very different things ...

Same **** that any fighter contemplating moving up could do.

The real question will be answer if he decides to move up and still hold the title ...

But carry on man ... Difference of opinions I guess ....
I'm asking you to provide names of these other fighters Conor skipped over. It's not an argument at all lol I'm simply asking you a question

There are several interviews of Dana saying Conor can choose to fight for either belt, in this interview he says it at the end that Conor can go straight to the title fight at 155 if Conor doesn't want to make 145 next

At this point you're splitting hairs with Conor calling his shots. If Conor said he wanted to fight Diaz do you think Dana says no? If you think Dana says no then you go against what you told me about the Diaz fight not making sense. And how I knew nothing about the UFC

Last edited:
Come on man ... Dana ain't stupid man ... He leaped frog Conor over everyone ... When he had the chance to make Edgar Aldo or even Edgar Connor he passed .. **** that Dana does makes no sense ...

Only reason why Dana made Fat Face vs the Preacher's daughter was because he thought Fat Face would win .... Backfired ....

:lol: @ the Ronda slander

But nah I definitely agree, if Dana had his way he'd keep Conor away from a serious challenge for as long as possible. I'm just saying that as a fight fan, I hope that's not what happens.

And seeing how Conor is huge for 145, it really would be pitiful if they're protecting him from Frankie. He's a stiff test because of the wrestling but that's still a very very winnable fight for him if he's as legit as advertised. Plus Conor took no damage from that Aldo fight. They could literally turn around and fight by March no problem. Conor says he wants to be as active as possible too. The UFC just needs to make the fight and get it over with.

The only fight I wanna see more than that is RDA vs Conor, champ vs champ. If they wanna make that then aight, Frankie gotta fall back at that point.

You could argue he jumped Chad as well. Chad was off a fight with Jose some (not me....) said warranted a rematch.

So it could have been Aldo/Edgar back then, with Conor fighting Chad, or even someone like Lamas, for the winner of that fight.

Remember, Frankie was fresh off choking Cub, the #1 contender. And Conor had just beaten.......Denis Siver.

So Frankie should have fought Aldo right there. And Conor could have fought someone else ranked above him. He was at #5 I think on their "rankings" at the time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom