The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

anyone watching the postfight show on fs1?

conor talking a lot about 155 :lol: he knows he threw his best shots and nate ate them
seems happy to survive and get the W
respects nate and his toughness

nate thought he won
happy he got paid
conor ran and didnt engage. should have taken pts away
injured during camp

Last edited:
i just think that nate was in a really good position after the 1st fight, especially on 10 days notice

if he wins he wins, if he loses he wins 3rd fight money

i think he was fine with losing a decision and not getting ko'd or subbed

Nate with excuses is deplorable. That's like getting finished and making excuses for the guy that won about getting hit too much.

Y'all Conor fans are too suspect, must be loving the taste of Irish nuts.

Last edited:
Still can't imagine conor back at 145. Just don't see it. Smart move by conor not to get on the ground when he knocked nate down. Feel like nate has too much pride to shoot for a normal takedown, as if he thinks it's a ***** move. Felt he had his chances when conor was gassed and not against the cage to take him down. Interested what nate was talking about at the end saying he didn't have a good camp or almost eluded to being hurt prefight. Can't really say I was impressed w conor but a win in a bigger weight class is def big.

im still appalled by joe rogan's comment, did connor get that loss back joe?  and more joe?

by winning a close decision and gassing in the 2nd like last time

i just think that nate was in a really good position after the 1st fight, especially on 10 days notice

if he wins he wins, if he loses he wins 3rd fight money

i think he was fine with losing a decision and not getting ko'd or subbed

THIS
he seems ok with the decision. helps he got a 2M payday :lol:
he knows conor cant finish him and i think conor knows it as well. if conor KO'd him, then it would've been another story, but it was a close fight
dont see conor wanting an immediate rubber match. is he willing to go through hell again? probably can get a similar payday vs. aldo or someone at 155. not saying those are easier/safer, but he knows nate can't be "killed" and those little guys at 145/155 wouldn't be able to handle what he throws in the first 2rds

Last edited:
I agree. Protects his image of being a tough fighter while opening up another payday for a few mil.

McGregor won that fight. Two knock downs, stuffed all but one take down, landed huge and clean shots. I don't know how so many are saying Nate won. Coming from a Diaz fan too.

McGregor won that fight. Two knock downs, stuffed all but one take down, landed huge and clean shots. I don't know how so many are saying Nate won. Coming from a Diaz fan too.
i don't get it either... conor took 1, 2, and 4.

People see Nate winnings because Nate was delivering unanswered shots at the end of a round and refs have stopped it for less.

It was close. Those knockdowns wouldn't be scored in Muay Thai in Thailand.

thought 3rd rd was 10-8
you also saw a lot of running from conor and he wasn't pushing forward. he was surviving. props to conor for making it all 5rds. thought that was the only way he would win since i didn't think he was gonna finish nate

cant leave it to the judges. seen worse decisions, so it wasn't a total robbery. thought nate would wake up at the beginning of the 2nd after feeling out the 1st, but it took him til the end of 2nd. that probably cost him the decision

Last edited:
I only saw Conor gas out in 1 round. But the next rounds he was able to pick it up.

All his fans are back.
he didnt pick it up

he just caught wind in the 4th for a few combos

he was gassed

every gassed fighter that didn't get ko'd or submitted "picked it up" unless the ref stopped them from being so gassed

Last edited:
He didn't answer but he was moving and defending. And this isn't Muay Thai though. We know how MMA is scored and knockdowns are huge. 2 in one round was huge. Only reason that wasn't a 10-8 round was because Diaz came back strong at the end of the round.

Larkin
Is Eddie Alvarez vs Nate Diaz probable?

Probably not now that Nate is coming off a loss. McGregor, Khabib or Ferguson are getting that title shot.

Couple thoughts:

1. Larkin is nice. I feel like dude is always one clean shot away from being in trouble and he tends to get hit when he opens up, but dude can be a real problem at 170 if he puts it all together. He already has a win over Robbie where he pretty easily picked him apart, hopefully dude can reach his potential.

2. Cerrone is nice, I wish he would show up in the fights that really matter tho. I wonder if he ever gets to championship level

3. Rumble is a beast. He can absolutely beat Jones or Cormier on any given night, but if dude could take his cardio and TDD to the next level he'd be undeniable.

4. I might have to watch it again but I thought Nate edged it out. I had Diaz 2, 3 and 5 I think? Or maybe 2, 4 and 5. I was 6 beers at fight time tho can't quite remember :lol:. Either way, Nate gassed early which was surprising, but it makes his story about being injured in camp more believable. Conor's cardio is wack, how do you have a $300,000 fight camp and you're sucking air by the 2nd round? Cmon bruh. He looked great in the 1st tho. I'm not necessarily mad at the decision win but I'm not really impressed either. He survived. Compared to how RDA or Benson took Nate apart, this wasn't that. Conor should work on his cardio and go back to fighting smaller guys. I hope they don't do the trilogy fight. Conor vs. Aldo rematch and Nate vs whoever, maybe Tony Ferguson or something.

Overall great card though, good night of fights

i thought the fight should have ended with an official draw
but i'm not a judge :\

good prelude to wwe summerslam tomorrow :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom