The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

You're missing MY point.

For the third time, carrying around extra weight in an actual fight 100% has an effect on cardio.

Jog a mile. Then jog a mile with a 5-10 lb strapped to your back.

It's simple physics my G
laugh.gif
Work = force * distance.

Force = mass* acceleration. More mass = more force = more work required
what extra weight?

he probably spent 95% of camp at 168

when's the last time he actully weighed 145? dude is gonna be bones if he has to make the drastic cut. he needs extended time to gradually get down. maybe, having a broken foot would allow him to rest for a yr, but how much cardio is he gonna get in during this time

Last edited:
what extra weight?

he probably spent 95% of camp at 168

Extra weight compared to his last 7 fights which were at 145. It's a shock to your body. But then again, this is all generally speaking. Every fighters body is different.

On the other hand you have cowboy who looks fantastic at 170

he was always a big guy that could make that drastic cut, which gave him an advantage. look at all them weigh ins at 145, he was always dead looking. arent there new rules in place where you cant use IVs during cuts?

Last edited:
Extra weight compared to his last 7 fights which were at 145. It's a shock to your body. But then again, this is all generally speaking. Every fighters body is different.

my point is this

he weighed in at 169 the last fight

what do you think that tells me about any weight fluctuations he "may" have had during camp?

Last edited:
I think Conor will chill gor a minute, he's made more money than any UFC fighter ever probably

my point is this

he weighed in at 169 the last fight

what do you think that tells me about any weight fluctuations he "may" have had during camp?
No one in the UFC fights at their walking weight

Maybe Frankie Edgar years ago

Last edited:
I think Conor will chill gor a minute, he's made more money than any UFC fighter ever probably

Conor was smart and lined up potential fights during the go big presser and other events.

Aldo, Diaz, 155 belt, Cowboyand the rest of the UFC who called him out after 194 :lol: **** I wouldn't be surprised if he fought werdum :rofl:

Conor gotta ditch the 145 division. Dude looks deathly during the weigh ins and I'm not even sure he can even make it anymore. Fight some contenders at 155 and challenge for the title. He's still a fun fighter to watch and can draw a crowd.

Conor gotta ditch the 145 division. Dude looks deathly during the weigh ins and I'm not even sure he can even make it anymore. Fight some contenders at 155 and challenge for the title. He's still a fun fighter to watch and can draw a crowd.

Defend the belt at least once. You're not a true champ unless you defend it.

Get washed by Aldo then get washed by most of the LW division :pimp:

we all know conor dont weigh 145

for ww he has a 16 lb range to work within, 155 - 171

are some of you trying to tell me that his natural weight doesnt exist in that range?  and that if it does, hes purposely avoiding it?

Last edited:
Conor will be Heavyweight by the time his foot heals.

Cain Velasquez vs Conor McGreggor will be BIG. :smokin

Last edited:
Garbrandt was offended by Dom's comments about him having daddy issues since he didn't grow up with a dad

Then Dom comes back and says he's going to embarrass him in front of a lot of people and that he needs to get his emotions together

:rofl:

Conor is built for 145-155

Which are the weight classes he's been fighting his whole career

Only reason why these fights were at 170 is because Nate couldn't make 155 on 10 days notice

Conor probably walks around at 160-65

Which means he cuts 15-20 lbs to make 145

and 5-10 to make 155

He has more power and reach at 145

155 probably his natural weight class

Quote:
Conor is built for 145-155

Which are the weight classes he's been fighting his whole career

Only reason why these fights were at 170 is because Nate couldn't make 155 on 10 days notice

Conor probably walks around at 160-65

Which means he cuts 15-20 lbs to make 145

and 5-10 to make 155

He has more power and reach at 145

155 probably his natural weight class
it's not about weight classes

it''s about the weight you fight at come fight night

and im still saying the same thing i said earlier, that he's gassing at his natural weight

if he fights nate at 155, hes going to have better cardio?

i don't get why they're rushing cody to a title shot
nobody else

plus his undefeated record is marketable

Last edited:
Yes I think he will

Doing cardio burns calories and fat while he increasing vo2max

Conor probably did limited cardio because he didn't want to weigh in so light for 170, he weighed in at 168

If he fought at 155 it would allow him to train more cardio

At 145 his cardio is bad because the weight cut is intense leaving him drained

Last edited:
Reporting live from the Diaz after party, McGregor hasn't redeemed himself at all. He'll run from a third match.

he could have weighed any weight he wanted from 156 - 171

he purposely avoided a good cardio weight (after what happened the first fight) in order to.... weigh more in order to....

i dont get it

Last edited:
they're abandoning that. new ownership wants to do individual interview with media

Yeah. I just tuned in and saw them talking to Rumble.

I didn't watch the card. Going to have to go back and watch it. From reading the thread and seeing those judges/media scores, it seemed like a lot of folks favored McGregor by a razor thin margin. I think at this point, it wouldn't make sense to do a third fight. It'll just lead to fatigue. And neither will grow. Let them rehab. Either Connor defending his belt or moving up to LW. Nate netting some wins or pursuing other super fights. A loss doesn't really hurt him whereas Connor is the face of the UFC.

Back
Top Bottom