The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I see a lot of people thinking Diaz won, but I thought Conor won because he was hitting Nate from everywhere, the leg kicks was significant, I saw body punching from Conor to Nate, and some good counter punching from Conor. Conor defended all but 1 take down. On the clinches I saw some elbows from Conor and couple from Nate. Nate scored one knock down and won 2 rounds at most. Conor adjusted from the first fight and had a bit better defense overall. I think he'd make a good boxer. Nonetheless this should be Fight Of The Year.

Bumped into Nick and Nate in the bathroom of the club before his security shooed me away. Then after talking to Jake Shields my drunk girlfriend managed to talk to Nate Diaz as he headed to the club.

She's trashed now and keeps reminding me.

I see a lot of people thinking Diaz won, but I thought Conor won because he was hitting Nate from everywhere, the leg kicks was significant, I saw body punching from Conor to Nate, and some good counter punching from Conor. Conor defended all but 1 take down. On the clinches I saw some elbows from Conor and couple from Nate. Nate scored one knock down and won 2 rounds at most. Conor adjusted from the first fight and had a bit better defense overall. I think he'd make a good boxer. Nonetheless this should be Fight Of The Year.
This was also def a hard fight to score
The fans won tonight for sure
I just loved the mental games that Conor and Diaz had against each other, great night for UFC

Bumped into Nick and Nate in the bathroom of the club before his security shooed me away. Then after talking to Jake Shields my drunk girlfriend managed to talk to Nate Diaz as he headed to the club.

She's trashed now and keeps reminding me.
Did Nick look faded? Haha

Had it 3-2 Diaz but wasnt surprised they gave it to McGregor, a loss for McGregor wouldve crippled the new buyers imo

Agreed. Conor can absolutely win this fight. It will not, to the dismay of many "fans", be the fight they want to see. It's going to be the antithesis of the last fight. a lot of movement, kicks, and avoiding exchanges in the pocket with Nate.

the oblique kicks and roundhouse to Nate's lead leg are there all day. 

img

I am a Diaz bros fan, so I aint mad if Conor tries to reuse his strategy from the last fight and Nate whoops his *** again. 
nthat.gif

Conor did exactly what I predicted him to do. I guess i am not surprised, *************.

Last edited:
Remember when you guys were saying there were no positives Connor could have taken from the first fight?

REMEMBER????

Last edited:
So 145 waits longer for a title fight?

These ......ain't even for a belt! This is what UFC has now a non title fight as their most hyped......

Got to give credit to kavanaugh, pretty solid game plan and also to Conor's cardio coach. He didn't have elite gas but it was enough to keep Diaz from blanketing him. I was quite surprised

The size difference stood out to me compared to last fight. Nate looked much larger than Conor

Last edited:
Got to give credit to kavanaugh, pretty solid game plan and also to Conor's cardio coach. He didn't have elite gas but it was enough to keep Diaz from blanketing him. I was quite surprised

The size difference stood out to me compared to last fight. Nate looked much larger than Conor

The gameplan was an obvious one. I knew it, you knew it, we all knew what had to be done to beat Nate.
The leg kicks kept Nate from being able to apply late pressure.
Without those kicks, Nate woulda floored it with the combos and been able to execute most if not all of his take down attempts. Having no base will keep your takedown success ratio extra low.
Props Conor!
I re-watched it this morning and yea, this fight was closer than even I initially thought. I'm not mad at a draw or a win by one point either way.

So 145 waits longer for a title fight?

These ......ain't even for a belt! This is what UFC has now a non title fight as their most hyped......

and stipe/overeen and cm punk vs mickey gall :lol: 203
bisping/henderson 204

aint none of these main event is making me want to shell out money

we're really gonna get a trilogy for conor/nate before cormier/jones 2:x

Last edited:
The gameplan was an obvious one. I knew it, you knew it, we all knew what had to be done to beat Nate.
The leg kicks kept Nate from being able to apply late pressure.
Without those kicks, Nate woulda floored it with the combos and been able to execute most if not all of his take down attempts. Having no base will keep your takedown success ratio extra low.
Props Conor!
I re-watched it this morning and yea, this fight was closer than even I initially thought. I'm not mad at a draw or a win by one point either way.
It's not as easy as it sounds though. You had to avoid nates range, avoid his takedowns and control your emotions. Coach had one huge task and he deserves his due

Nate is pathetic man. He's saying Conor ran from him and he should be deducted points. F out of here with that. Excuses are making him look weak

Whoever is saying Nate won wasn't counting leg kicks

Also Rd 1 was 10-8 Conor straight dominated him

Conor lost Rd 5 off the takedown

Last edited:
Watched the fight again 2X this morning, and I still stand with my initial scoring of Conor winning 3-2 (rounds 1,2 and 4).

Conor should stay at 145 to rematch Aldo and Halloway. Him vs Pettis at -45 would be a good money fight too. Conor looks like death at 145 but will have more time to rehydrate now with the earlier weigh ins. Stay away from Khabib at 155.

Last edited:
If there's a 3rd fight, I expect Nate to try and keep fight inside. Clinch game, dirty boxing and grappling he is at a huge advantage.
Gotta Crowd a counterpuncher and force them out of their comfort zone.
I'm here for a third tho but man that's going to take 10 years off each fighters lives and careers

Watched the fight again 2X this morning, and I still stand with my initial scoring of Conor winning 3-2 (rounds 1,2 and 4).

Conor should stay at 145 to rematch Aldo and Halloway. Him vs Pettis at -45 would be a good money fight too. Conor looks like death at 145 but will have more time to rehydrate now with the earlier weigh ins. Stay away from Khabib at 155.

View media item 2140091

I had it similar to judge one but either way close decision was warranted and no argument for me

Round 3 was close as hell to a 10-8 round for me. I saw it that way at first but talked myself out of it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom