The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

Anywhere to pick up these Dukes for 80 like you guys are saying? The footactions near me don't have them in stock and on their site they are still 130. 

I'm assuming the black one's are long gone for a reasonable price too right?

Anywhere to pick up these Dukes for 80 like you guys are saying? The footactions near me don't have them in stock and on their site they are still 130. 

Black ones been gone. Use the website to check store inventory for the Dukes. Buy in store tho

Anywhere to pick up these Dukes for 80 like you guys are saying? The footactions near me don't have them in stock and on their site they are still 130.  i had a pair of dukes in my hand yesterday and they were $80

I had to buy the Royals online and then return them to the store. Buy them back, a bunch of BS but whatever. It's done now. I love that blue. I wish they would have done more simple colors like that. An all red pair with a white swoop would have been :smokin :smokin :smokin

Yeah, I don't get how people can play in them. I love my black/whites, but I tried playing in them a couple of times and didn't like it at all.
And this is coming from someone who has always played in 90s styled shoes

Danny Green was playing in them again this year. He loves em. I don't see it. Love the shoe, would never play in this recent model though.

Lack of zoom had nothing to do with the injury. It's just unfortunate.

That's said, I wouldn't ball in these either but not because of risk of injury.

Lack of zoom had nothing to do with the injury. It's just unfortunate.
Disagree, Demarre Carroll is too big of a guy to play with no impact protection, the 140 pound guys playing in pickup games at the Y doing performance reviews on youtube can't speak for someone of that size, I'm a big guy myself, and my knee feels like crap in these after wearing them casually for a day, and I'm not the first one to say that, shout out to the guy with the Al Bundy avy. This was his first game in these I believe after wearing Lebron 12 lows throughout the playoffs, shame he felt the need to change because he's playing the LeBronette's.
That's said, I wouldn't ball in these either but not because of risk of injury.

Danny Green was playing in them again this year. He loves em. I don't see it. Love the shoe, would never play in this recent model though.
I know, it hurts to watch, even as a slim guy he's slowly wearing down his knees and ankles, Nike should be ashamed of themselves releasing basketball shoes that aren't fit for basketball.

Shame on Nike for going the usual retro route or shame on the players trying to ball in shoes under the Sportswear line?

I know opinion is obviously opposite, but I really like these shoes for ball. Once broken in I like the way the front foam is low profile but still kind of responsive and I like the overall for and feel of these. I really didn't think I would because of the aforementioned lack of zoom, but I really came to love them, with no injuries or pains to speak of. Maybe since I'm a bigger guy they break in better or faster for me or something.

I know opinion is obviously opposite, but I really like these shoes for ball. Once broken in I like the way the front foam is low profile but still kind of responsive and I like the overall for and feel of these. I really didn't think I would because of the aforementioned lack of zoom, but I really came to love them, with no injuries or pains to speak of. Maybe since I'm a bigger guy they break in better or faster for me or something.
nah the dude talking about lack of forefoot zoom or "impact protection" leading to injuries is exaggerating a bit. It all comes down to preference at the end of the day. There's cats that ball in kicks that offer absolutely no impact protection or at least very minimal. I mean I see dudes play in running shoes all the time :lol:
I know it's not the same as a professional athlete, but still. Didn't Gilbert Arenas play in his jeezys or some designer shoes once or something like that?

He sure did play in some Dolce and Gabbana's

Are you sure they don't have any kind of air in the front ?

I was under the impression that the retros had 2 larger units (1 forefoot, 1 heel), instead of 5 smaller units like the OGs (4 forefoot, 1 heel).

My retros felt a bit stiff at first, but now that they're broken in they feel more responsive than my OGs. This is probably somewhat related to their age, but they feel like a there is still some kind of unit in the forefoot. I don't think it's a traditional Zoom unit, as the unit in the heel is clearly visible with the insole removed, but it feels like something is there in the forefoot. When I run my hand over the forefoot without the insole I feel a dip and bulge that runs along the forefoot as if there is Max unit or something embedded to cushion the midsole.

If you're having trouble with squeaking, try removing the insoles, putting some baby powder inside the shoe, then putting the insoles back in.

This was a big problem on X's and XII's and a little baby powder usually solved it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom