The Combat Jack Show Thread

I know Juan Ep gets a lot of hate here and other places I frequent. Sure Rosenberg can be an ******* sometimes and Ciph doesn't always know about the artists. But more often than not they KNOW what they're talking about and it's make the interview engaging. The only other rap podcast I can say that about is Rap Radar and I don't even *** with their podcast like that.

I think they should do more like the podcast before last where they just play songs and talk about them, I enjoyed that one.

Juan Ep is ok. I'm hard on them, but Rosenberg at least has a love of the artist and culture. Cipha on the other hand.... well at least he shows up :lol: He does know some random stuff. Like how he knew the LBC song was Battlecat's first.

The Crooked episode was good. I think that's the first time I heard him give a background interview.

I told ya'll Marrisa has a certain charm and appeal. On a podcast it's funny and entertaining, in real life, not so much. Her not realizing she as at a listening :lol:

One thing that you can never question about Rosenberg is his knowledge. He knows his stuff. Ciph never listens to anything after like 2001. He really is just there most of the time unless it's some 80s-90s NY hip hop talk.

With Rosenberg being spread so thin now though, how long before Juan Ep ends?:nerd:

was on my soundcloud app searching bill simmons podcast (I listen to all my pods through apple podcast app) because I wanted to see how many listens he was still getting (Soundcloud app the only service that shows that).

Anyways, I became curious on how Combat Jack was doing on soundcloud and was shocked to only see his b/t 50-60k. So at the bottom they had Taxstone so I clicked his and he's averaging 60k+ the past few months
eek.gif
. I dug back on Combat Jack and saw he was doing well awhile back but he's losing steam now. Everything makes sense now

wish there was a way to see these numbers in itunes in general....crazy how bill simmons is averaging 500k a pod on Soundcloud
sick.gif
...now wonder why he's caking off advertisements ...I've put a lot of people on to his stuff

What about Juan Ep and Rap Radar?

Rap Radar's Timbaland interview one is pretty strong. I know Timbaland has been getting interviewed a lot lately, but I haven't listened to them.

It was pretty insightful from his comments about Jay-Z, realizing he's at a different space. It was funny his comments about Danja.

was on my soundcloud app searching bill simmons podcast (I listen to all my pods through apple podcast app) because I wanted to see how many listens he was still getting (Soundcloud app the only service that shows that).

Anyways, I became curious on how Combat Jack was doing on soundcloud and was shocked to only see his b/t 50-60k. So at the bottom they had Taxstone so I clicked his and he's averaging 60k+ the past few months :wow: . I dug back on Combat Jack and saw he was doing well awhile back but he's losing steam now. Everything makes sense now

wish there was a way to see these numbers in itunes in general....crazy how bill simmons is averaging 500k a pod on Soundcloud :x ...now wonder why he's caking off advertisements ...I've put a lot of people on to his stuff
I be listening to bill simmons through stitcher so add that too

Last edited:
Combat has been wanting to be Howard Stern for some time now... its seems hes going all the way with it now.. the promotion of therpy and all.

Last edited:
Juan Ep is ok. I'm hard on them, but Rosenberg at least has a love of the artist and culture. Cipha on the other hand.... well at least he shows up :lol: He does know some random stuff. Like how he knew the LBC song was Battlecat's first.

The Crooked episode was good. I think that's the first time I heard him give a background interview.

I told ya'll Marrisa has a certain charm and appeal. On a podcast it's funny and entertaining, in real life, not so much. Her not realizing she as at a listening :lol:

lol I gotta be the only one who appreciates Ciph on Juan Ep, I like how original he is, sometimes Rosenberg seems like he's just slurping the artist. While Ciph, on the other hand, is either busy eating, flatout tells the artist that he did not like their music, or dropping a pretty cool little known story about the artist. (ie him with Funk Flex at the Aftermath event). I find hard to listen to the episodes that are just only Rosenberg alone (No ID episode was sooo dry), cant take all that slurppage.

Last edited:
Tax on Combat was pretty good.

Side note: been listening to ItsTheReal lately. Checked the Combat episode and they asked about Pete. Combat basically went on to say that Pete was never supposed to be the co-host and that he kind of weasels his way on the show.

Looks like Combat took Petes time off with the new baby to move the show in a new direction.

Tax said he smuggled drugs in through his booty hole, that he put vaseline on his *** before visits, then proceeded to say you don't realize how big your anal cavity is.

This is a wild dude :lol: I do think he needs therapy and I also do believe he would kill his therapist if he leaked his info

Side note: been listening to ItsTheReal lately. Checked the Combat episode and they asked about Pete. Combat basically went on to say that Pete was never supposed to be the co-host and that he kind of weasels his way on the show.

Looks like Combat took Petes time off with the new baby to move the show in a new direction.
He really said weasels his way in???
Damn sounds like shade
Kinda messed up
Combat seems like a shady dude
And add that he was a lawyer
And how he played nore outta his publishing
I wouldn't trust him

Yo Tax is out of his mf'in mind :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kinda surprised he's still alive with his attitude on life and living. That bully vibe only works so long before your
card gets pulled in a major way. From his story he's already experienced near death, but he continues to pop
off? ..insane

:lol: @ Combat showing his true colors, I don't mind it I think it's funny how so many people are getting up in arms
about this new attitude. Kinda crazy he always tried to edit Pete when he talked like that, but now he's all in.

Last edited:
Hopefully dude gets the hell out of Brooklyn. I hate to see when these dudes that came up on the street **** get hemmed up because they didn't get out of those same streets. :smh:

Dude's comedy, though.

I wonder if a guest didn't show up and that's the reason he had Tax.

Tax said he smuggled drugs in through his booty hole, that he put vaseline on his *** before visits, then proceeded to say you don't realize how big your anal cavity is.

This is a wild dude :lol: I do think he needs therapy and I also do believe he would kill his therapist if he leaked his info

I never understood that. How does one practice that. Do guys get together and show each other how it's done?

It never seemed very manly and always seemed very humbling to me.

That doesn't seem too complimentary. It makes him seem like a stray dog that wouldn't go away.

Last edited:
I never understood that. How does one practice that. Do guys get together and show each other how it's done?

It never seemed very manly and always seemed very humbling to me.

Sounds gay as hell to me, like in any other circumstance if a dude say that he sounds flagrant. Honestly my first thought is if a dude could put that in his *** he seem like the perfect booty bandit but idk I guess when you well known for holding your own people don't try you

lol I gotta be the only one who appreciates Ciph on Juan Ep, I like how original he is, sometimes Rosenberg seems like he's just slurping the artist. While Ciph, on the other hand, is either busy eating, flatout tells the artist that he did not like their music, or dropping a pretty cool little known story about the artist. (ie him with Funk Flex at the Aftermath event). I find hard to listen to the episodes that are just only Rosenberg alone (Hip Hop episode was sooo dry), cant take all that slurppage.

:lol: Yeah, that's what I like about him, he's like the color commentator, but he definitely knows his stuff too, he just doesn't **** with what he doesn't **** with and he doesn't bulls*** about it. It can definitely gets too superfan-ish sometimes with Rosenberg, so they fit well together. Also when the podcast first started Rosenberg was the new guy in NY but his ego was already huge and Ciph used to s*** on him non-stop for being gassed :lol:, it was one of the things that got me into the podcast. Rosenberg was basically the Marissa of Juan Epstein. The show definitely changed from then but it's still cool though.

He really said weasels his way in???
Damn sounds like shade
Kinda messed up
Combat seems like a shady dude
And add that he was a lawyer
And how he played nore outta his publishing
I wouldn't trust him
He didn't outright say that, but he definitely made it sound like Pete was just filling the void Dallas left and just ended up in that role for good.

He talks about him and Pete disagreeing about the direction of the show and basically said 'The Combat Jack Show is mine, and will always be mine.'

Make of that what you will.

Magic33 Magic33 that's really how he comes off when he talks about it. It's like Pete pushed his way onto the show and Reggie must've felt threatened.

Always been a big fan of what Combat does, but sometimes the way he moves is questionable. The show just isn't what it used to be. He's a good interviewer, but the show just doesn't have the same feel.

I heard the part where Tax mentions Pete. Which is funny because he's like wait a minute, where's Pete. Like he knows Pete didn't add anything, so he didn't even know he wasn't around.

He said Pete is still part of LSN, but he made it seem like he fired Pete. He said they had a difference of opinion of it's direction. It's probably over it moving away from hip hop.

Didn't Pete have a sneaker podcast in the early days? Or it was talked about. I don't remember if it was with Bun (which I doubt) or if Bun was a guest one day.

sneaker fiends I believe but no bun was not a host

him and another white guy I think

they were super inconsistent with the drops

Back
Top Bottom