The Combat Jack Show Thread

Wait, are you saying the Chuck D incident is to blame, or its a noticeable point? I think their biggest issue right now is the inconsistency and their commitment to have people thats been in the industry for some time. That second factor seems a bit contradictory when it comes to Rosenberg to praises himself of putting people onto new artists. Also I think chronic beefs that Rosenberg has had with people in the industry might be why their episodes are pretty inconsistent, every episode he mentions someone that refuses to do the show. Another factor could be that Ciph is getting more love in the comedy world while Rosenberg is doing his thing with sports. I still feel that they have the best interview formula in the game lol.

The Chuck D incident is the point and to blame. A lot of older rappers aren't ******* with Rosenberg. They took it personal. Chuck D isn't Nicki Minaj.

They used to record at the radio station, so it was easy to get artist, because they were coming to the radio station and because it was easily accessible. Some artist probably even thought it would be a good look and thought it was a Hot 97 thing.

And I'm not sure what you mean by new artist? Juan Ep was never about new artist.

The best interview formula? They barely let the artist talk half the time and hog the interview time. After an hour you've barely covered their career, and the irony is he used to send subliminals at Combat for having long ones. We'll have a part two. Cipha knows hardly anything about the artist they're interviewing half the time. Hell, listen to the Tribe interview. How many podcast have you heard with such pitiful sound quality where you can't hear anything? I could go on and on. For being in radio, they aren't very good at podcasting. Now sports radio? Perfect, because Rosenberg likes hearing himself talk. Angie has conversations while interviewing, but still let's the person do the majority of the talking. Combat tries to do that. Rosenberg and Cipha have conversations with each other or with themselves while the guest is there.

From an interview standpoint B Dot and Elliott are the best. Combat can become annoying when he starts interrupting.

I didn't know how much Elliott has hurt himself over the years with his **** riding. In general I'm not a fan, but I get it. He leeches on to whatever is the new hot thing, because it's something in it for him. Thus the Drake slurping. Where as someone who had to earn their spot and rose slower like TDE he was dismissive about. He sees what's hot, not will be hot. That's how he was brought up in magazines. He realizes it now that he's been fired a couple of times, and now he looks like he's having a midlife crisis with the frohawks and going to clubs to stay in touch.

Last edited:
TBH i feel like a lot of the guests are there off the strength of Ciph. But I was saying that they SHOULD start interviewing newer artists also.

Magic33 Magic33 you summed up everything perfectly. I definitely agree about Elliott he always rubbed me the wrong way especially his years at XXL with his constant Aftermath slurping.

Yea I just heard the beginning of the show. Man **** Combat jack if that's how he feels about fans asking questions.
laugh.gif
yea he was hella disrespectful man...like damn fans of the show can't ask where Pete at
mean.gif
...his ego a lil too much

:lol: Yeah, I was like why is this dude so angry. You don't expect cats to ask about someone who has been a part of the show for five years. He's feeling himself a little too much.

BTW The Pete Shue interview was good, but I wanted to him to ask, what happen to your eye? I didn't know about all the Madonna stuff.

Another podcast for rosenberg?

It might be over for juan ep

View media item 1872075
Woah. I need to hear this. This must be a great interview.

Yea I just heard the beginning of the show. Man **** Combat jack if that's how he feels about fans asking questions.
:lol: yea he was hella disrespectful man...like damn fans of the show can't ask where Pete at :smh: ...his ego a lil too much
I didn't want to say it, because Combat has always been so humble and he's done so much for the culture, but I really think he's getting a little big for his britches. You can't just change cohosts and not expect questions.:smh:

And it seems crazy cause it seemed like him and Pete were pretty close, their relationship added fuel to the Rosenberg v Combat beef that recently got squashed.

I thought Pete was going to get the boot several times for stuff he said about Rosenberg. I know some of the stuff he was saying was pushing it. A lot of Rosenberg's issues had to do with Pete's comments and him attributing it to Combat.

but does Rosenberg sleep?

I'm interested in hearing Mike Tyson talk about anything :lol:

I thought Pete was going to get the boot several times for stuff he said about Rosenberg. I know some of the stuff he was saying was pushing it. A lot of Rosenberg's issues had to do with Pete's comments and him attributing it to Combat.

but does Rosenberg sleep?

I'm interested in hearing Mike Tyson talk about anything :lol:
Sleep? him and his wife just purchased a new home, dude is trying to pay that off ASAP as possible :lol:

I think Ciph getting the boot was a wake up call for Rosenberg, because he was ride or die Hot 97 up until then.

Plus his morning spot was getting reduced more and more. He saw the writing on the wall.

Sleep? him and his wife just purchased a new home, dude is trying to pay that off ASAP as possible :lol:

:lol:

what other podcasts are yall listening to right now?

need that new...
I listen to The Read that show is hilarious it's funny and they talk about serious topics all the time.
yeah, the read is hilarious, there's another one called Neck of the Woods (freshalina) but they don't put them out regularly but when they do it's always funny as hell

I just started listening to A Waste of Time by It's The Real.  I swear they tell the story the Max B/scrabble story to everyone that comes through

I started listening to Its The Reada few months ago. They guys are corny but I think they play it up some so I'm not too annoyed by it. it's a good show.

Desus and Mero have separate episodes with them. I think it was on their show Desus talks about going to jail and the cop violated him. That was the first time I heard that story. That was a good episode. Tax, Combat, Budden, Sinbad had decent episodes with them.

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever heard Freeway interview. Sounds nothing like his rap voice.

Also, not sure how I feel about this rotating hosts. Not sure I like where the podcast is going.

Finally got tot he Peter Shue episode of Combat, and had the opportunity to hear Combat's rant about you dudes hitting him up about Peter. (I say you dudes cause he damn sure aint talking to me like that). Anyone else thinks he throwing subs at Rapradar every time he kept saying "Its bigger than Rap"?

I started listening to Its The Reada few months ago. They guys are corny but I think they play it up some so I'm not too annoyed by it. it's a good show.

Desus and Mero have separate episodes with them. I think it was on their show Desus talks about going to jail and the cop violated him. That was the first time I heard that story. That was a good episode. Tax, Combat, Budden, Sinbad had decent episodes with them.

Link to/info on the Desus, Mero, and Tax eps? :nerd:

Link to/info on the Desus, Mero, and Tax eps?
nerd.gif
(this ***** Mero eating cookies loudly into the mic the whole show)

It's the Real used to do some funny skits

Back
Top Bottom