The Combat Jack Show Thread

Has Fat Joe ever done any podcasts? It would be dope if he did Tax Season and went up there talking about Pun and the Terror Squad glory days. ****, Remy on Tax would be cool also. They'd probably spend an hour and a half giving shout outs to Smith & Wesson n****. :lol:

Has Fat Joe ever done any podcasts? It would be dope if he did Tax Season and went up there talking about Pun and the Terror Squad glory days. ****, Remy on Tax would be cool also. They'd probably spend an hour and a half giving shout outs to Smith & Wesson n****. :lol:

I can see Remy doing Tax, not sure about Joe. I can see Joe doing a Juan ep or Combat episode though, they'd be more likely to go in depth on the TS glory days. Sean C and LV's episode on Juan ep discussed the days with Pun also

and I don't get the live podcast thing and why people would want to attend.

you can actually talk back or bounce stuff off people around you

most are actually some of the better eps on all pods

they feed off the crowd

I'd def hit em up if they were in my city

I can see Remy doing Tax, not sure about Joe. I can see Joe doing a Juan ep or Combat episode though, they'd be more likely to go in depth on the TS glory days. Sean C and LV's episode on Juan ep discussed the days with Pun also

Yeah Fat Joe already did Juan Ep twice, the first one was way better than the second IMO.

Fat Joe on Juan Ep 1
Fat Joe on Juan Ep 2

Not too sure how to feel about Combat anymore. Don't even look forward to it anymore. Now he's talking about adding more hosts.

Well he formally announced that Pete wasn't a part of the show anymore.

I have no feelings towards that, but then he started talking about having guest co-host and having some LGBT lawyer chick being a part of it to keep the barbershop format. Why don't you just get Dallas and Pete back.

Then saying it's bigger than hip hop? Was that at Rap Radar?

And he has something in the works? It's definitely not the show I started to listen to.

Would you guy pay for your favorite podcasts? Someone asked on LSA if folks were willing to pay for The Read and a lot said no while some said they would pay for access to a network but not one show and they would need more than 1 show a week & a better format.

I agreed with people who said they would pay for access to Loud Speaker but I can't see myself paying for one show.

the whole point of pods to me is breaking away from the strict corporate construct

I'm not paying for anything

everything has a monthly fee now, that **** adds up

Not too sure how to feel about Combat anymore. Don't even look forward to it anymore. Now he's talking about adding more hosts.

Well he formally announced that Pete wasn't a part of the show anymore.

I have no feelings towards that, but then he started talking about having guest co-host and having some LGBT lawyer chick being a part of it to keep the barbershop format. Why don't you just get Dallas and Pete back.

Then saying it's bigger than hip hop? Was that at Rap Radar?

And he has something in the works? It's definitely not the show I started to listen to.

Those days are long gone man. Dallas and Pete ain't coming back. When i first started listening (2012) the whole gang was there Dallas, Pete, Just Blaze, Matt Raz, Benhameen with the poems and music. It was just cats having fun. Everybody has moved on, but I hope they can continue to improve the show's format and keep it entertaining.

Do yall remember when Jean Grae was supposed to be the co-host and it only lasted one episode? ::lol:
I remember it vividly, it was the Bobbito episode. I was navigating the Atlanta streets during the 2014 ice storm

Would you guy pay for your favorite podcasts? Someone asked on LSA if folks were willing to pay for The Read and a lot said no while some said they would pay for access to a network but not one show and they would need more than 1 show a week & a better format.

I agreed with people who said they would pay for access to Loud Speaker but I can't see myself paying for one show.

the whole point of pods to me is breaking away from the strict corporate construct

I'm not paying for anything

everything has a monthly fee now, that **** adds up

Now that advertisers and hosts have found a model to push products and make money I'm hoping they don't resort to making listeners pay. Even though podcasts are a part of my daily life and I host/appear on a few, they aint important enough for me to drop more than $5/mo to listen.

hopefully combat can get it together

had to unsub that boy

I just did this earlier today unfortunately he had some good episodes too Nore, Marley Marl, LL, Envy, Russ, he had a good run. I almost forgot the Whoo Kid joint is my favorite Combat episode ever it was hilarious.

Last edited:
Miko sounds like a man's best friend
laugh.gif

No, I laughed when Pete was suggesting it for Juan Epstein.

There's a lot of free ones I can listen to. I mostly listen while I'm stuck in traffic anyway. In the morning I'm listening to Bomani and Jalen from the day before.

Those days are long gone man. Dallas and Pete ain't coming back. When i first started listening (2012) the whole gang was there Dallas, Pete, Just Blaze, Matt Raz, Benhameen with the poems and music. It was just cats having fun. Everybody has moved on, but I hope they can continue to improve the show's format and keep it entertaining.

Do yall remember when Jean Grae was supposed to be the co-host and it only lasted one episode? ::lol:
I remember it vividly, it was the Bobbito episode. I was navigating the Atlanta streets during the 2014 ice storm

Now that advertisers and hosts have found a model to push products and make money I'm hoping they don't resort to making listeners pay. Even though podcasts are a part of my daily life and I host/appear on a few, they aint important enough for me to drop more than $5/mo to listen.

Yeah, I think I started listening in 2011, because I went back and listened to a lot of the old ones before that. Some of the best ones were ones where the guest didn't show up and they BS'ed and talked about random subjects for two hours.

I think Jean had some medical issues. And I miss Just, but the Bauer thing changed things for him.

I remember that one Melissa Ford one and her thirsting for All Lives Matter RZA when they were exprimenting with a co-host :lol:

I sort of think Complex blew up things for them, but didn't make them anymore popular. It made them corporate. That format didn't work.

Last edited:
I would never actually pay for a podcast. Like somebody said I'm already paying for a ton of months online subscriptions from credit reports/ teamtreehouse /spotify/ thats enough for me. I realize I don't even mess with podcast when I'm not driving to and from work. And really if there wasn't any traffic I would never check for them, just maybe check a highlight during lunch..maybe.

I don't even know why he even addressed the Pete issue, it was completely obvious that he wasn't on the show anymore, people looking for that spoon feed information again. IMO he should just do it solo, add and adjust a guest and it will be just fine. Getting at rapradar is fine, the podcast they produce is completely different to me. More of a commercial appeal, and regular rappers at this point. Until somebody gets a Jay, Kendrick, Drake .. there pretty much all in the same playing field.

That Budden's recent podcast should be deleted from the playlist. How do you argue over a artist who has a actual album out doing pretty well vs. an artist with tons of mixtapes and one hot song using a sample everybody in the 90's rocked with? How are his co-host his friends in real life also? He seems like a general pain to be around if hes always that combative.

Last edited:
What did he say about Pete
Was there like a disagreement

Naw he just said it's a new year and a new podcast and Pete was no longer part of it.

He seemed sort of hostile about it IMO. Like it wasn't on the best of terms. He said he wasn't going to give any info, he just wasn't on the show.

What was the last podcast Pete was on? Was it Kevin Gates?

Yeah he seemed aggy that people keep asking about Pete in his mentions :lol: dude why you mad at us when you put out a product and then it changes like we not suppose to question stuff :rolleyes

Wasn't Pete on Taxseason before, was that before or after he disappeared from Combat?

I just couldn't understand why he was going so hard. Said he was going through some personal stuff, so I guess it's just some misguided anger.

Pete took time away from the show back when he had a baby. Thought he was just taking time with his family. I think the Tax episode was after he went on hiatus.

Naw he just said it's a new year and a new podcast and Pete was no longer part of it.

He seemed sort of hostile about it IMO. Like it wasn't on the best of terms. He said he wasn't going to give any info, he just wasn't on the show.

I'm thinking it's got something to do with combat
Think about the few folks who were on but no longer on
Seems like maybe combat be having issues with people

^^^^ I also laughed when Pete suggested it for Juan ep., Ciph sounded like he wasn't too sold n the idea when it was suggested. I enjoy the podcast but there's no way I'm paying a fee to hear Rosenberg slurp any and every guest they bring on to the show. Pete has been trying to make money off the podcast for a min now.

I think the best ways this could probably work is if these dudes signed an exclusive deal with a streaming service or something. Like i wouldn't mind if Juan ep or any other podcast was included in the Spotify subscription I'm already paying for.

Sidebar: I'm just catching up with the HennyP interviews on Combat and tax, you could tell these dudes were a lot more relaxed on tax's show. They were being super professional on Combat, it was like Oprah invited them on her couch or something.

Last edited:

I'm thinking it's got something to do with combat
Think about the few folks who were on but no longer on
Seems like maybe combat be having issues with people

Lets be honest what did Pete actually bring to the table besides "good pause"?

His shampoo story is up there.:lol:

I think people just want someone there to change the pace every once in a while. A-King really has offered literally nothing so far. I'm hoping he gets more comfortable there.

Last edited:
Listening to the new Budden podcast...

I'm real late on Bryson Tiller and Torey Lanez. I heard "Don't" for the first time a two weeks ago and "Say it" a few days ago :lol:

Back
Top Bottom